Nutrient Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrient Question

I am about to start a new grow and I have Fox Farm Nutrients. Last grow I used I used Fox Farm Bush Doctor Kelp Me during the veg stage with no other nutrients during the veg' time with fine results. During Flower I used Fox Farm Tiger Bloom with good results. I also have Fox Farm Grow Big for the Veg' stage. Is the Bush Doctor Kelp and the Grow Big intended to be used together or are they stand alone formulations? I thought that it would be too much to use both last time . Was I right? Thanks for any help.

Google and print Fox Farm nute schedule and follow it at 1/2 strength.
    SF 35X47X70 tent
    SF1000 X4
    AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
    AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
    FFOF Soil
    FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
    GH Flora Series
    3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
    Gelato Cake
    Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

Comment

Originally posted by Mollisol View Post
      Google and print Fox Farm nute schedule and follow it at 1/2 strength.
      Thanks for the help. I have that schedule and it is not clear whether or not the two, Grow Big and Bush Doctor should be used at the same time.

Comment

What soil did you start out with the last time you used only Kelp Me? Was the soil fortified? The NPK for kelp me is very low. It looks more like micros then base NPK.

The tiger bloom probably got you through the phase your soil depleted but 2-8-4 is not what I would be feeding through flower.

Comment

I use 10:6:15 in veg and 1:1:2 in flower.
          I also use silica mostly in veg and am now also adding a calmag suppliment with humic and fulvic acids as I struggled with this CalMag deficiency last grow. This suppliment is about 1:0:1
          Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
          Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
          Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
          Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
          Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
          Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

I don't know what your growing medium is so this may not apply. Yes, you can use them together. I suggest you start with the Fox Farm trio (big bloom, grow big, tiger bloom); the Kelp product is intended to supplement the trio. I use Fox Farm nutes and I grow in promix HP. I use the schedule below (except Bembe) for my photoperiod grows and have been happy with the results.
            For autos I only use the trio at reduced dosages with cal-mag and microbe brew at normal dosages. Hope this helps.
            fxf_soil_usa_std.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Rootsruler View Post
              What soil did you start out with the last time you used only Kelp Me? Was the soil fortified? The NPK for kelp me is very low. It looks more like micros then base NPK.

The tiger bloom probably got you through the phase your soil depleted but 2-8-4 is not what I would be feeding through flower.
              the soil was Fox Farm Ocean Forest which is good soil. Once flowering started I dropped the Kelp me and started on Tiger Bloom for the duration. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluey View Post
                I use 10:6:15 in veg and 1:1:2 in flower.
                I also use silica mostly in veg and am now also adding a calmag suppliment with humic and fulvic acids as I struggled with this CalMag deficiency last grow. This suppliment is about 1:0:1
                Hey, Thanks for the help. It looks like I can use the two together.

Comment

Originally posted by Cougar672 View Post
                  I don't know what your growing medium is so this may not apply. Yes, you can use them together. I suggest you start with the Fox Farm trio (big bloom, grow big, tiger bloom); the Kelp product is intended to supplement the trio. I use Fox Farm nutes and I grow in promix HP. I use the schedule below (except Bembe) for my photoperiod grows and have been happy with the results.
                  For autos I only use the trio at reduced dosages with cal-mag and microbe brew at normal dosages. Hope this helps.
                  [ATTACH]n614709[/ATTACH]
                  Thanks. The soil was FF Ocean Forest which probably made up for not using the full range of nutrients. It's pretty good. This time I will be using Promix which I have found to be not great but it's all that is available here in the winter. I'll try using the full range of nutes from FF and see how it goes. Thanks everyone for the replies.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X