Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Light Stress, Strain Related or Reveg???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light Stress, Strain Related or Reveg???

Hi There,

When I started seeing a bunch of new pistols and sugar leaves, I figured that it was either because my board was experimentally too close or maybe it is strain related.

Even though all the new leaves have trichomes, now I'm not so sure.

Could this actually be Reveg??

Thanks so much!

Could be lack of light intensity that's my guess if you got lots of single leaf yes it could be do to lack of light and crappy enviornment.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• GrowBabiesGrow
      GrowBabiesGrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! So, this doesn't appear to be a Reveg?

I've got a Spider Farmer SF1000 30 cm from most of the buds. I'd say the environment is acceptable .... temps. & humidity are in range, but I'd like to settle down some minor fluctuations and definitely see about bringing the temperture during Dark down more than 3-4 degrees) & there's loads of fresh air and circulation, etc.

Download a light meter app so you can accurately measure how much light your plants are getting.

Comment

• GrowBabiesGrow
      GrowBabiesGrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

°°Do the pics look like a Reveg to you?°°

I actually downloaded a light meter app at your suggestion in an earlier post.

I have an extremely uneven canopy as a result of my newbieness. I just dropped the board back down again and the sites closest to the board are measuring around 930 PPFD, the middle-sitting sites are around 650 and the lowest are 470 - 400.

• Rootsruler
      Rootsruler commented
      Editing a comment
      Raise your light and set it to your tallest plant or, if you can bend the plant bend it over so that it's not so tall and elevate the other plants to it's height.

The, what I am guessing is new growth in the left pic, the top inch of the bud, might be due to high light intensity. A minor type of foxtailing

A lot of strains will do this and you tend to see new growth right on the tops of the buds...and the top couple of inches start to thicken up and lose their consistent taper to a sharp point. That left pic appears to be doing that but it's not always bad as the buds a bit lower are probably getting the light they need.

Best measure the light intensity with a decent phone app. Lots of threads on that topic.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      I read you previous comment so it's not likely foxtailing, especially with the light you have at that height.

If you look closely at my profile pic you can see that little bit on top of the bud and it's shape. That's from too much light. It was getting about 1350 PPFD there but the canopy was around 1000 PPFD.

What size is your tent or the canopy you are growing?

• GrowBabiesGrow
      GrowBabiesGrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Again Bluey,

I'm growing in a 60 x 60 cm (2x2) tent and my very uneven canopy covers a big chunk of the space.

I had a close look at your profile pic and yep, my largest bud looks very similar. I added another pic to show the canopy. The red string w/ white ball in the middle is my "30 cm from board marker" and its currently just above bud sites in the very middle. After adjusting my board again, the PPFDs are now sitting at around 850 for the tallest to around 450 for the lowest. Seems like I should drop it back down until the tallest sites are getting at least 950.

What do you think?
      Last edited by GrowBabiesGrow; 02-21-2024, 03:54 AM.

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd just monitor. Try not to hit them too hard

Comment

That looks like one plant or is it the tallest and the others are out of the picture? Next time I would try and keep all the branches under the net so that you can get even light coverage.

Comment

• GrowBabiesGrow
        GrowBabiesGrow commented
        Editing a comment
        She's one plant. I totally agree with training toward an even canopy.

• Rootsruler
        Rootsruler commented
        Editing a comment
        If you're not sure how to set that up check out my journal Roots Fruits. You can see how I set mine up.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X