Weed for pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weed for pain

In my case, weed is doing nothing for pain and I am looking to see if I might be doing it wrong. Work with me.
    The injury doesn't matter except it is swelling muscle and nerve related.
    Yesterday, I dabbed 4 times my regular daily take. Kosher Kush and a couple other Kush dominant hybrids. All with higher linalool and humulene percentages.​ Ain't had a lick of relief.
    I am wondering if using weed in a different way will give different results. Edibles give me more of a body high. Dabs for head and shoulders. Smoke for head, face, and shoulders.
    I have never tried balms or CBD products shamefully because if I spend money on weed, I want to get high.
    I had to go the big-pharma route. BP (we'll call it) does not take away pain. All it does, for me, is make pain easier to handle. Weed is not even doing that much.
    Who has personal experience with a method of pain relief using weed? I don't care about your sister's brother's uncle Dan's experience. I don't care about stories you heard. What is your personal experience?
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

What if I'm an uncle and named Dan? Or what if not ? I have had what they called patella tracking syndrome since 7th grade. I'm told my knee caps go out of alignment and wore the cartilage away. All I know is it fucking hurts. I had 1 knee done with minimal help so I never went back. I just need them replaced. That was a way back when ago now. I only started smoking at the end of high school and thankfully just smoking still helps me. On bad days I don't really get high but the pain is lessened. In my gallons of topical treatment attempts I remember Emu oil working. Not sure of the name but I remember that much. It was expensive so I just delt with the pain. I wish smoking helped you still. That's all I have to say about that.......

Comment

I made a salve with a 1:1 and do get pain relief results. It’s not a magic cure all but it lessens the pain and I know everything that is in it. Couple it with a good few bowl hits and relaxation is in the near future.

Comment

Without going into too many specifics it appears to work for my chronic pain, osteoarthritis, most of the time, say 95% or better so far over the past 4 years or so. Weed is said to be an immuno regulator and an anti inflammatory and my experience with it these past few years aligns with that. I have a number of joint problems, not just arthritis, and it really helps so far with that

I also have another form of pain it pretty much eliminates.

Additionally, anxiety and depression. Very mixed results here. I don't think it's working all that well for me in that regard and may even be contributing to it but I really can't tell because I am dealing with a few things in my life that are traumatising and depressing shit really.

I don't touch alcohol. I am currently on day three of zero weed. I plan on pushing this out as far as I can depending on changes in pain levels. I do this every 3 to 6 months. Last time was about 7 months ago for 3 weeks but the joint pain returned at that point and reduced my quality of life enough to get back on it. Things improved pretty quickly.

I have noticed a substantial diminishing in psychoactive effect over short/medium periods of time because of tolerance build up issues with weed in me based on frequency of use and length of time using it. I mostly enjoy the psychoactive effect as long as it steers me away from anxiety/paranoia but then I'm not sure that is always the weeds cause or my mental state. I'm normally pretty good with that and others report zero anxiety smoking my stuff.
        Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
        Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
        Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
        Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
        Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
        Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

I use a THC/CBD salve for arthritis in my hands. I use it when my hands ache. It's fast and long lasting. Also use the same stuff for sore muscles and joints. I have tried making my own salve with mixed results. If I could figure out how to make it more creamy and less oily it'd be great but so far I'm striking out. Maybe someone here can help with a good recipe for creamy pain reducing cannabis salve. I am not ashamed to say I have bought salve at the dispo. The pics are of the product I am currently using. I've also tried a 1:1 at 1000mg. It's better for pain relief but not always available. I can't say that when I smoke or vape it's for physical pain relief. I smoke to get stoned. Salve for pain relief. The smoke is for the demons/memories/sights/smells, and other people's tragedies experienced over about 40 years. The stronger the better for that. I have noticed brain fog at times and the short term memory...wait a minute what was I talking about? I've thought about a dry January or some other extended time away from smoking, so far that has only been a thought.
          Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
          Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
          Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Gingerbeard, I make a Salve using a strain that is both high in THC as well as CBD (Citrus Sap, but there are others). I use Nebula's formula in the GWE website with a few modifications (I use more weed than she does and I do not add olive oil, I do add some menthol and more beeswax as the formula as written is too soft.) It works great on muscle and nerve pain as well as on insect bites and minor burns. People either love it or do not feel any relief. For me, it helps with back pain.
            Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
            5 gallon cloth pots
            30"x30"x60" tent
            Spider Farmer SE3000
            Coco Pearlite mix
            GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• Jimmynuetron
              Jimmynuetron commented
              Editing a comment
              I did the same with lemon haze...great for lower back pain

• Going2fast
              Going2fast commented
              Editing a comment
              Would you mind posting your recipe?

Those are the sorts of specific use answers I was looking for. One product for one problem. I disregard people who say, 'When this hurts I relax, get the ice, have a beer, take a shower, and smoke some weed. It's the weed helps the hurt.' It disregards all other attempted alleviants.
            I'm going to look into salves.
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

Sorry to hear about your chronic pain. I have not had any luck with weed for my chronic headaches.The only thing that works a bit for me is a high THC creme made with coconut oil and weed cooked in a crock pot. If I catch the headache soon enough the creme will eliminate it. It does nothing to a full on headache but even Tylenol will 4-5 hrs to chase it away. Weed helps my mood but it depends on the strain.

Comment

Meh. I don't worry about the chronic pain. There is nothing I can do about it. It's the acute injury... and headaches I'm worried about.
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6

Comment

Day 7 of zero weed.

Pain is staying away so far 🤞
                  Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
                  Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
                  Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
                  Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
                  Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
                  Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

I just grew some White widow CBD 1:1 ratio. I got 5oz of flower that I'm thinking of turning into CBD salve and CBD cookies. I figure do a double attack. The edible will give you the body relief while the cream will give you targeted relief. Plus the cream comes with other herbal medicines and essential oils.

As far as actual pain relief goes..... It's debatable. It really comes down to what your pain is and what is causing it. If you have a broken bone..... The best that cannabis/CBD will do for you is distract you temporarily from the pain. Now if you have inflammation from arthritis or overworked muscles then the creams will have some effect as would the edibles in reducing the inflammation and relaxing stiff muscles. Or it's all placebo but even that can be just as effective. If you believe it will work, then you're brain will make it so.
                    Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
                    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
                    Current grows:🪴

Pineapple Express (Barney's Farm)
                    MAC1 (Blimburn)
                    Blue Dream (Blimburn)
                    Sweet Zombie (Blimburn) *autoflower

X -🪱Vermihut worm bin
                    T- 🫖Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

🍄Tidal wave 3x
                    🍄Treasure Coast 2x(1 was contaminated)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X