First grow - Creme de la Chem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3/15/24
    New plant: Watered 3L, same ratios including voodoo. Decided to put it outside to make it easier and see what happens. Hopefully won't get complaints or citations or some bullshit.
    It was rainy and windy last week, plant was flapping all over the place. Thought it should be fine at the time, but after reading I should've put it under the roof in the patio.

3/18/24
    old plant. Day 47? I think maybe 20 more days to go.

Curling leaves on the side opposite to the fan. ​What does this look like? Big deal or not? Nutrient burn? Bud rot? Manganese deficiency from pH fluctuations? Should I keep humidity at 45%? 55%? Flush with water next time, then add manganese chelate next watering?

Temp mostly 73F - 80F, humidity 45 - 62%. Currently temp 80F, humidity 49%, worried about bud rot.

Though it doesn't bother me, apparently the carbon filter is not very effective, at least with flaps open. Maybe an intake fan + humidifier at its intake would solve my humidifier issues too?

Removed ratchet cords from light, attached it directly, set to 9. PAR around 700?

4.5L water
    9.0 drops si tech
    7.2mL bloom mix
    4.5mL calimagic
    4.5mL pH up
    no voodoo
    ~1060 PPM
    pH 6.6 with bluelab pen. Just got 2nd pen working, 1st same one I got wouldn't calibrate to pH 4.

Runoff over 1L. pH 6.4​
    Attached Files
    Last edited by o0644; 03-19-2024, 01:51 PM.
    First grow - 2 plants in soil - Auto Indica Hybrid Creme de la Chem - 2x2x4 tent indoor harvested, 1 in dry desert heat outdoor

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      You're in soil from memory. Buy a good pH pen, don't use cheap ones. Then you can bring your pH up a bit to 6.8

Humidity looks good, I'd try and keep temps down closer to 75 lights on.

Day 49, mostly 78F 54% humidity now. Roots Greenfields soil. Bluelab pen. Just splurged on calibration and storage solutions for it too. Way more convenient though. Hope it lasts.

I think I was underwatering. After just 2 days, the old plant got light again, when I was watering every 4 days earlier. Just flushed it with just water, 5L, pH 7.1. Runoff was 1.4L pH 6.5. 28% Woops should've stopped when I had 1L of runoff. And some of it spilled too.

It's unwieldy having to take the plant on and off the tent to drain the pan. Even with just a 3 gal pot, by itself. Spilled some drain water, I mean runoff, on the carpet lol. Ought to do some of this https://www.growweedeasy.com/easy-wa...-remove-runoff
    Attached Files
    Last edited by o0644; 03-20-2024, 06:32 PM.
    First grow - 2 plants in soil - Auto Indica Hybrid Creme de la Chem - 2x2x4 tent indoor harvested, 1 in dry desert heat outdoor

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Use a wet and dry vacuum cleaner to suck up your spill dishes 👊

• o0644
      o0644 commented
      Editing a comment
      ow
      ok just got one.

3/22/24

Roots Greenfields soil on both plants

Old plant: day 51. 75-80F 50% humidity. 4.2L water. Did half nutes. Damn sugar leaf tips burnt.
    4.0 drops si tech
    3.2mL bloom mix
    2.0mL calimagic
    >2.0mL pH up
    3mL biomin manganese I just got. It calls for a lot more but I didn't want to give too much of its 1% nitrogen, and it's not cannabis specific
    1171 PPM
    6.8 pH

runoff: 1L pH 6.8

New plant: day 39. Same water but without biomin manganese. Same pH. I dunno if that's mildew. Some white on the tips of some lower fan leaves.
    PPM before pH up was about the same. 1200 - 1170ish

Just measured the tap water PPM, was about 680 this time. Reverse osmosis water was about 20, might start using that.

Will measure PPM before/after each nute stage next.​
    Attached Files
    Last edited by o0644; 03-23-2024, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• o0644
      o0644 commented
      Editing a comment
      Think I'll harvest when I see a couple of amber trichomes. Should I not defoliate now due to all the sick leaves?

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Not WPM.

Got a portable AC 2 weeks ago. Temp is now mostly 75F, humidity 50%. Got 32oz jars, hydrometers, 62% integra packs.

Decided to get ACI self watering bases, though a bucket with 4 small holes on the lid and wick through them would probably work just as well and be cheaper. Had doubled up the wicks, then went back to just the 2 pieces. Am not even using the floating indicator thing. The pH of the basin water keeps going up to 6.9, have to keep adding a few drops of pH down every day.

Fungus on outside plant, or maybe planthoppers? Might spray it with isopropyl, and cut off leaves with fungus. It keeps drizzling some days, I may start putting that plant in the patio under the roof on cloudy days.

Old plant day 65, new day 53. Buds look tiny on outdoor plant. Gonna start flushing indoor plant, taking out the wicks maybe Sunday. But the trichomes look kind of clear still? May just wait for the basin to dry before flushing.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by o0644; 04-05-2024, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• o0644
      o0644 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. First 2 pics are for the indoor plant, for which I haven't seen any mold yet.

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      The 4th pic the outdoor looks quite healthy but is it runn8ng behind? Is it getting cold there?

Those buds do look great on those indoors hey.

• o0644
      o0644 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I should've paid more attention to night time temperatures. Assumed it'd be fine, good thing you pointed that out. Tonight it'll reach 45F, I'll bring it inside for now.
      Last edited by o0644; 04-06-2024, 03:01 AM.

More pics from today
    Attached Files

Comment

Been putting outdoor plant inside during nights, can't seem to wake up before 8am though. Gonna be up to 92F today, humidity is 12%?! Forecast says it'll go under 10%. And low tonight will be 60F. Sprayed it with milk and water mix this morning, potassium bicarbonate a few nights ago. I put more wicks on the base, will see how it handles it. Maybe if I had lollipopped it, it would lose less water to the air, or it wouldn't be able to store water to pull from in the fan leaves to keep flowers alive. I dunno. If I can get 1 oz I won't mind.

Did 2nd flush today on indoor plant. Think I'll harvest Saturday. Temp 70-75F humidity 50%.

First 3 pics outdoor, last 4 indoor.
      Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        You could take off those big fans on those outdoor plants are they autos? Man those temps outside are great for autos, just gotta watch for the sunrise/sunset times for those photos

• o0644
        o0644 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep they're both autos, soil

Harvested indoor plant at day 73. I sanitized the pruning shears by wiping with 91% alcohol every once in a while. Finished trimming at 4AM. Drying at 72F 43% humidity, left most sugar leaves.

Hanging cheesecloth bag is trim... I think I'll put it in a ziplock bag in the fridge now so my friend can make bhang or something.

I'll probably just make dry ice hash next time. Won't need to dry or cure.

For the outdoor plant, I think I'll cut one fan leaf every time I water it, is that a good idea in late flower with autos? SoOrbudgal

Been using water with PPM ~420 for a while.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by o0644; 04-14-2024, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• Rootsruler
        Rootsruler commented
        Editing a comment
        Try and stay as close to the 60/60 rule as you can. 43% is too low and will result in hay.

Increased humidity to 50-55% on 4/14 after Roots's comment. Harvested some larfier branches for 4/20, they were a bit too dry. Reading 50% humidity after a few hours in a jar, so I increased humidity to 57-62% in the tent so I can hopefully be lazy with harvesting. Jar is now 55% with a 62% humidity pack overnight.

Since this house has such poor insulation, it's been hard to keep temps consistent. Portable AC running at full blast and temps wouldn't go below 75F in the afternoon. Also found this
      The ideal parameters for drying cannabis flowers, according to a systematic review published in Molecules in 2022, is a temperature of 18 to 21 °C (approximately 65 to 70 °F) and 50 to 55% relative humidity.​

Could've put insulation on the window but bleh. At least I don't smell hay.

Day 69 for the outdoor plant. Same auto strain. Maybe I can harvest it when it's older than the other plant was, which had a bunch more yellow leaves at this point. Not much in buds but hopefully enough with the sugar leaves to make some dry ice hash. Hoping for more body high and less anxiety. Think I'll water with 1/4 nutes this week, just water next week.

For my next grow, I'd like to try compost tea hydro. Would hardly have enough time to start another auto right now before moving, if I can get motivated. Having hydro set up could be awesome. Lower maintenance. And compost tea could be cheaper, maybe buds will taste/smell like with soil.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        Aircons are no good for drying in most environments. It'll dry too fast because temps will be too high and they typically strip moisture from the air and RH ends up a bit low.. That's what I found with my last dry anyway and I won't use AC again, way too fast unfortunately.

Aim for 60/60 in the dark. I learnt over the years the slower the better and never had a problem drying it over a few weeks to over a month as long as it was hung nicely with a bit of natural air movement. Mind you that was with lower temps and higher RH.

I've managed to maintain over 55% humidity with this setup. Humidifier outside the tent to try to avoid mist coming up into the colas and condensing, causing mold. Put clip fan at minimum setting, trying to get it to draw in mist/humid air.
      Still winter would've been better.
      Attached Files

Comment

• o0644
        o0644 commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish I had looked at the ACI "Harvesting and Trimming" vid beforehand. Didn't leave natural hooks on plants, so some of them fell down. Wet trimming is easier, and leaving buds on stems.

• o0644
        o0644 commented
        Editing a comment
        It was probably for the best that I left the sugar leaves, though, given the dry environment.

Used the hose that ACI sent you and point the exit of the hose in front of the fan in the tent so that it mixes the moisture with the air in the tent and raises the overall RH. I like to set mine at 65% so that I don't overdry.

Comment

I got humidity up to 60-65%, didn't have to use the hose, though I guess it'd be more stable with it. Hopefully I'll feel like trimming the main cola tonight, only branch remaining. The 4 jars with everything else are at or above 60%RH now. The hairs on the buds didn't curl in that much, I guess it didn't have a chance to mature more before getting all yellow.

Outdoor plant at day 71, 3 gal pot of soil, drank like 5L in 2 days. Current VPD outside similar to last week, over 5. Seems more leaves started to yellow right after I trimmed a couple of fan leaves, but also watered.
        Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X