First grow - Creme de la Chem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80F, vpd ~1, humidity 70%. Day 20 since sprout of 1st plant, day 8 of 2nd

I untied it. Was kind of worried about the leaves touching the soil.

Excerpt from description page - "She definitely benefits hugely from some leaf tucking/manipulation in order to get those lower branches up from under the canopy but once you do, the many secondary branches form a platform equal in height, with just the main cola poking out above​... density is well well up there, it can certainly pay dividends to clear out some lower growth and lower branch nodes".

So the last sentence is about defoliating? Should I try leaf tucking, and maybe some defoliation once it begins to flower, or before?

Haven't watered the older plant in 4 days, soil still moist 1" below. Think I watered 600mL.
    Attached Files
    First grow - 2 plants in soil - Auto Indica Hybrid Creme de la Chem - 2x2x4 tent indoor harvested, 1 in dry desert heat outdoor

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Patience weed hopper. Do not clip until you see the structure of her growth it's still a baby. Leave it and just tend to her, play with your photoperiod when time comes. If i had a auto at a month old right now and no photos going i'd be starting my photo seed. By the time that auto finishes you'd be well on the way to a good veg on that photo and close to harvesting that auto. Keep playing with that auto and she'll take forever.

• o0644
      o0644 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd start the photo, but I'm moving in 4 months. And the AC here sucks, and the tent is kinda small. May start it July or August.

I guess all the leaves growing in the middle of the stem are because I tied it down earlier? Hopefully it's not a big deal. I'll leave it alone then

75F, VPD 1. Day 22 & 10. Still haven't watered the older plant in 6 days. Feels slightly moist-ish digging 1" below. Rootsruler was right, I should have used a better draining soil. Because I can be a cheap bastard, I might mix in some $7 perlite with the Roots Greenfields I already have for when I transplant the smaller plant. Don't know how much I should mix. I have 2 more seeds of this strain, so after I move I could try it with something else.

But the plant's kind of droopy, and there's some separation of the soil from the edges. So it's probably dry. May water it tonight then?

I found what I think are fungus gnats crawling around in the clay pot of the smaller plant, but couldn't find any dead ones. Reddish wings, crawling fast through the soil. Didn't see them fly. I sprayed a bunch of neem oil and then put diatomaceous earth all on top of the soil. Was reading, seems diatomaceous earth can make drainage slower. So I may try to scoop some of it out later.

Ordered CALiMAGic, Quantum PAR meter, sticky traps.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by o0644; 02-23-2024, 03:59 PM.
    First grow - 2 plants in soil - Auto Indica Hybrid Creme de la Chem - 2x2x4 tent indoor harvested, 1 in dry desert heat outdoor

Comment

• o0644
      o0644 commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe I'll get those AC Infinity self watering bases

• o0644
      o0644 commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess it'd be legal if not visible from the street. But maybe the smell could be an issue. Hoping to have some land in a few years

• Rootsruler
      Rootsruler commented
      Editing a comment
      I've never used the ACI self watering pots but a friend has and he's had a few problems.

Looks like pistils?
    Attached Files

Comment

• Rootsruler
      Rootsruler commented
      Editing a comment
      Yup! Females.....

please be patient i have autism

Days 24 and 12. 79F, VPD 1. PAR ~300 for seedling, ~400 for the other.

It's been 8 days since watering the bigger plant. A few without watering the seedling, besides spraying it a bit here and there. Was hoping the fungus gnats would die off. And neither plant was drooping that much, I can't tell if the soil is still moist 1" below. It feels cool to the touch and not very coarse. Seems like there's some brown/dead thin roots there.

The pot doesn't feel heavy or light, I don't really have a frame of reference. I wonder if the humidifier is somehow keeping everything moist, since I have the fan blowing mist into the plants. The inline fan has to keep running to keep VPD from getting too low, and the whole house gets misty.

At this stage, NebulaHaze's watering guide recommends watering 1.5L. Maybe I'll try watering 550mL today, 1L in 2 days?

For the bigger plant: Mixing into 550mL of water: 1 drop of Si-Tech (recommends 1.3 drops/500mL.7.6% Calcium, 0.47% Boron, 1% Silicon for silicic acid), 0.3mL of CALiMAGic, 0.25mL of foilage-pro (recommends 0.65mL/500mL), 1mL of voodoo juice.

And just water for the seedling.

1. Is that ok? Thinking of watering tonight. When the light turns back on. Should I water 1.5L? Dilute what I mixed already?

2. Should I try transplanting the seedling into that yogurt pot? The clay pot has poor drainage.

3. Is it fine if I water the seedling so little that it doesn't get any runoff? Last time I watered it with only a bit of runoff, a few days later, I saw fungus gnats or something. The roots have reached the bottom of the clay pot, so based on what I remember from AquaMan's watering guide, maybe it'd make sense to water 100mL, maybe every other day?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

• o0644
      o0644 commented
      Editing a comment
      It got to 70%RH, 82F.

• o0644
      o0644 commented
      Editing a comment
      There is no drooping, but the leaves do feel papery and thin. Guess I will water tomorrow. Gonna be 9 days without water lol. Current temp 83F humidity 60%, if I open the window temp will slowly decrease to 70-74F throughout the night. Humidity is lower since I opened the side flaps for more air intake.

edit:day 26, 14. watered old plant 1.5L with same ratios as above but a bit of bloom mix. transplanted new plant. got yellow from last watering. seemed root bound. added maybe 5 handfuls of perlite to the 3 gallon mix
      Last edited by o0644; 02-27-2024, 11:04 PM.

• Mollisol
      Mollisol commented
      Editing a comment
      About your fungus gnats. I had a real nasty infestation. Two regular fly strips you can buy anywhere. Hung on either side of my plants, they were completely destroyed in about 3 days.

Transplant 2: electric boogaloo was Feb 27th pretty sure. From clay pot to 3 gallon.

Feb 29: Day 28, 17. Think the old plant sprouted Feb 1st on a Thursday, so it'd be day 29? Whatever. Watered new plant ~500mL just water. 78F 1.1 to 1.4 vpd lights off, humidifier off

Mar 1. Day 30, 18.
    Lights on: max/min/avg not counting spike when tent was open
    temp 82.4, 79.0, 80.6
    humidity 69.8, 61.1, 66.2%
    vpd 1.31, 1.07, 1.17

PAR was over 1000 on the top of the plant after it grew over a few days. Had some tacoing. Moved light up. Have to run AC on house lower with light at max.
    Watered old plant after 3 days. I should've got a 2L beaker. or maybe 5L, it took 3L to get runoff. Plant pot was light. top soil slightly moist.

Per liter: 2 drops si tech, 1.6mL superthrive/dynagro bloom, 1ml calimagic, 1mL pH up undiluted, 2mL voodoo juice
    Seems it takes a lot more pH up to raise pH than pH down takes to lower the same amount of pH. I mix with a fork after adding each thing, I don't wait for hours like I think I read somewhere. Si tech instructions say to use right away and not store the mix.

1st pic is from Tuesday, rest today.

Couldn't resist trying to do some gentle leaf tucking with twist ties. Should I already cut the first few sets of leaves that are almost laying on the soil, and much smaller than the fan leaves above them?

Will test runoff pH in a bit.

I guess I need a tray with holes or something, for better runoff.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by o0644; 03-01-2024, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      I get much more accurate results using PPFD Meter App than the Photone App.

I'm using a Samsung S23 Ultra and Photone mistakenly tries to correct the reading as if a cover is on my camera, and it's not.

• Rootsruler
      Rootsruler commented
      Editing a comment
      Bluey What does the PMA calculate? The Tent Buddy app I have will calculate PPFD/LUX/DLI/VPD.

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Same roots but havent seen VPD on it. I only use it for PPFD and DLI but it does have a mapping option to plot light levels across your grow area which I have usedn sort of. it's a good app. Good lighting options too but I think they all have pretty good options there now.

As to which one works best you might find it is sort of phone dependent. Some work great on some phones but not others and vice versa.

I don't

Use this chart to get your light in the ballpark.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cob lux distance watttage.png
Views:	265
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	615804

Use this one if you're using DLI as your measure of light.

Name:	DLI.png
Views:	267
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	615805

Comment

• o0644
      o0644 commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't expect less light to be needed once flowering starts, or maybe that's more for photoperiod? Since it's daily light

wtf my T3 humidifer shipped already. Even though it said it won't be here until March 20 or so. I had even ordered an Arduino-compatible microcontroller, some soil/temp/humidity sensor board thing, relay, CPU fan, water mist element, which wasn't really cost effective. Looks like I won't need to set all that up until I get more tents.
    The ACI fan that's not inline makes a clicking noise as it moves side to side.

Comment

• Rootsruler
      Rootsruler commented
      Editing a comment
      ACI just came out with a Gen 2 fan. If yours is the older style contact them and they will replace your fan for free.

Ooops! My bad! I forgot you're growing an auto...

Auto DLI chart

Name:	cannabis-dli-cycle-autos.png
Views:	231
Size:	265.0 KB
ID:	615829

Comment

• o0644
      o0644 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm taking the ppfd at the top of the plant in micromol/second and multiplying by 86400 * 18 / 24 * 10^-6 to get DLI, ended up turning the light down to 7. ppfd is much lower at the fan leaves though

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      My understanding is 45 DLI is the very upper limit. A lot of plants won't handle that either.

To the auto growers what's the best DLI you can get consistently without problems, without light stress or problems with nute deficiency?

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      I mistakenly pushed mine to about 48 for about 10 days and I cooked her pretty good. I was running my light 20 hrs on and had the photone app set at 18 hrs. Was way too much for her. Definitely my mistake with the app.

3/4/24 watered 3L with same ratios, got 10% runoff
    watered new plant a bit, just water

78F 60-65% RH
    Attached Files

Comment

dang ol stretchy

75-81F 55-63% humidity

Few leaves have spots like this
      Attached Files

Comment

• o0644
        o0644 commented
        Editing a comment
        boron deficiency on the new plant? may start feeding it nutes. slight nutrient tip burn on old plant? running out of space on this tent?

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think so. First pic shows the beginnings of a manganese deficiency, as indicated by a few small rust spots.

77F 55% humidity
      Should I reduce nutes and try watering with 6.0 pH? Since I read that's how to make manganese more available
      Attached Files

Comment

• o0644
        o0644 commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't have a soil conductivity tester. Soil, Roots Organics Greenfields. Per liter: 2 drops AgroMagen Si-Tech, 1.6mL superthrive/dynagro bloom, 1ml CALiMAGic, 2mL voodoo juice

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        Rootsruler is pH 6.0 too low for this medium?

I don't use it but think it would be.

• Rootsruler
        Rootsruler commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. You want to keep your pH in soil up around 6.5 - 6.8. In water based media you want to keep pH in the 5.8 - 6.0 range.

o0644 - Do you have a meter to measure PPM/EC in your nutrient solution? Some go by EC/500 in the water. I go by PPM.

Greenfields, like most fortified soils, should last you around 4 - 5 weeks with just water. You could probably go another week before you give them nutes but I like to try and catch the depletion earlier so that there is no lag time in terms of nutrition. If your soil still has nutrient left in it adding in ferts won't hurt it.

Here's a chart for nute availability based purely on pH in soil medium.

Your deficiency is likely related to a lockout of another nute needed for its uptake which comes back to pH. 6.5 appears to go in soil. Overwatering can cause pH problems in the soil too.

Name:	images (1).png
Views:	200
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	616641
      Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
      Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
      Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
      Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
      Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Name:	PH Chart for Soil and Water.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	147.7 KB
ID:	616666

This chart gives you availability for both soil and water so that you can see the difference in how each media likes its pH.

Comment

I got a pH pen and TDS tester I intend to use tomorrow. But I think it was water droplet damage.

For a while I suspected it was a fungal infection or something, since it started happening with both plants at once. I sprayed some neem oil on the new plant a couple of hours before the light turned on, seems there was still a bunch of it on the leaf when it turned on.

However, the leaf from the new plant that got the most rust spots and stuff was right below the end of the hose from the humidifier, and I just noticed some water droplets on it. And the fan is blowing mist onto the top of the canopy of the old plant.

Stupid hose needs to only curve upwards. I just put the humidifier inside the tent.

Don't know if I want to find the space for a new tent. Leaves are touching the tent, plants will grow into each other. I wanted to get an 80" tall one to grow some THCV sativa later.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by o0644; 03-14-2024, 01:19 AM.

Comment

PPM of the nutrient mix was about 1100. Watered 4L, got 750mL runoff, kind of dark. Should I use just water next time? 5L?
            Submerging the pH pen sponge in storage solution tonight, says it has to be for 24h. Wish I could just use test strips that had really different color between 6.0 and 7.5 pH, it's hard for me to tell with the GH dye thing if pH is under or over 7.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Rootsruler
              Rootsruler commented
              Editing a comment
              Be patient and get your pen working. A day or so isn't going to make a big difference.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X