Ever smoke any bad green buds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever smoke any bad green buds?

I mean I'm sure we all know not to smoke any brown frown any more, or it doesn't exist anymore, but has anyone ever had any bad fresh buds? Bad drying techniques aside, or included if you want to share.

I have had some taste a bit off before but I don't think I've ever had any green green that I won't smoke. One plant I had seemed to either dry different or it had underlying issues but I still smoked some and cooked the rest. It worked but had a neutral taste. Still good enough to keep but not good enough to show it to the world.

What's your life experience?

I grew some Black Willie, inside the leaf was near black, outside green as anything else. The smell and taste was strong horrible on both, worse on the inside and the high was not all that either. I used it for mulch and tossed the rest of the seed.

Comment

I grew a plant last year that was larfy loose bud, but full of crystal, so I shook it through a 110 micron screen and tried to squeeze some rosin out of it. It was dry, or not enough heat and it turned to hash. I burned some and it was bad so I threw it into compost. Win some, loose some

Comment

A good neighbor gave me a pound of beautiful bud that a 'cousin' who imports gave him. I was not suspicious as to why he would give me a whole freaking pound of beautiful bud as I am a great person and deserve being gifted a pound of beautiful bud, often.
        It was unsmokeable for a smell that was miasmatic enough to be warrant a thorough hand washing after handling. The overpowering was clove. Buddy Ryan suggested improper drying techniques. I think it was packed in something to keep the drug dogs at bay. BR couldn't even get an interest with the fellows at the car wash!
        WWED?

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

Use to get weed in the 70s that smelled like burnt rubber tires. Get you high if you could stand the smell or cough afterwards. I wonder how it crossed the border.?? LOL

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Packing a spare tire was a thing they did back then

Back in '78 there was this stuff going around that was so bad it attained the name of Mule Piss Weed Species. That should tell you how bad it was. Grab you by the throat and not let go. Now technically it was brown with grey hair in it, presumably from the mule, But also there was found a dead dried out frog mixed in that was green so that should make it should count. Then there was the time we tried growing some in the window, and not knowing what we were doing, we dried and tried to smoke the fan leaves. Not sure which was worse. The things we did when we were young and stupid.
          Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

HA! Ckbrew First weed I grew. So much pride. Got up to about 12" under some fluorescents. Planned a night to smoke and take mushrooms at a buddy's (hot) sister's (worthless) ex-husband's house. I was inwardly butt-hurt because people who dared, didn't take more than half a puff before gagging.
            Decades later when I switched from Mexican to chronic I saw a cola in a picture. I couldn't figure out what it was. I was looking for pot. Not whatever the picture was showing. Pot, man! Bushes of 7 finger fan leaves.
            However long later, I realized my first foray into growing weed got me a handful of fan leaves on a handful of stretched plants that were too far from the light. I thought they were the same thing as I was getting in sandwich baggies. The only pictures I ever saw of marijuana were stylized fan leaf drawings.
            I mean, this is before the internet, people. Honestly, how many of us smoked before knowing what a pot plant looked like?
            Anyway. A first grow is a first grow. High kudos to you old dope grower people who were growing bushes from bag seed without knowing what you were looking for. Relying on black-market books and black-market friends who might give advice, man, and getting us to home breed our own strains like the Scarlet family. You old dope grower people rock!
            WWED?

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6

Comment

Good post! Yep!
              Back in the 90’s driving down to the tip of baja ran out of buds in Guerrero Negro. Bought some brick weed in a dark parking lot that smelled like someone barfed in the gringo’s baggy. But heck yeah I smoked it ;-)
              Current Grow - 5 Tangie-matics from FastBuds
              Equipment
              AC Infinity (UIS Controller 69 Pro - WIFI)
              2x4x6 Tent
              6” ACI Cloudline Pro Inline fan / Carbon Filter (Port 1)
              4.5L Cloudforge Humidifier T3 (Port 3)
              6” Cloudray oscillating (Port 4)
              Light: Spider Farmer
              SF-2000 200w (Port 2)

Containers:
              AC Infinity Fabric Pots
              3 – 5gal
              2 – 3gal

Medium:
              Soil – Fox Farm Ocean Forest
              Perlite
              Earth Worm Castings

Nutrients:
              Fox Farm
              Grow Big 6-4-4
              Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
              Big Bloom Plant Food 0-0.5-0.7
              BushDoctor Cal Mag 1-0-0

Neptune Harvest
              Seaweed Plant Food 0-0-1

Comment

My first grow, 76, three five footers in full veg. Someone came at night and stole all the leaves. So I got smart, in 77, I packed 6 plants, a bag of chicken manure and some dolomite line up the mountain near Kettle Falls. When I went back to harvest, I found the most beautiful purple bud... that tasted like chicken shit. So I decided to try indoor in 81. I invited some people over after a baseball tournament and some one turned me in.
                An associate, reporter for the Daily news, was having tea with my wife when the cops showed up so she started asking about search warrant and private property and the result was, the girls cut the plants down and the police left. I also had some five footers out back which they cut down after they left.

Comment

I have smoked healthy looking but airy bud so harsh I thought I was dying. It was grown in a forest of tall trees where it got very little direct sunlight. I don't know how he dried it but I suspect up the exhaust of a diesel tractor. This guy is the producer of the world's worst weed, it is consistently terrible. He gave me a bag last year and as always I rolled a joint and threw the whole lot out before I finished it.

I explained to him it was foul, unconsuunconsumablectually quite offensive...he didn't care.
                  Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
                  Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
                  Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
                  Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
                  Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
                  Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
                  Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

Back in the 60's-70's we just cut leaves and tops/buds off of our yard plants, stuffed into paper bags, laid them on dashboard a couple of days, rolled and smoke the sh-t out of it. I'm still here and of sound mind!

Comment

• shadycon
                      shadycon commented
                      Editing a comment
                      we just thru seeds in the back yard and let them grow ; alias "yard plants"................

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X