Manifolding/Mainlining/Topping and earliest point to take clone cuttings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manifolding/Mainlining/Topping and earliest point to take clone cuttings

When you take your clone cuttings can you use the cuttings from the topping process or are they typically too small to clone from?
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Usually you'd like to have at least two nodes but I've done it successfully with just one. Good luck

Comment

Absolutely, I've done it before. And since they are usually symmetrical. They are much easier to manage.
      SF 35X47X70 tent
      SF1000 X4
      AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
      AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
      FFOF Soil
      FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
      GH Flora Series
      3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
      Gelato Cake
      Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

Comment

Thanks for that. I've done small clones before but not any of weed. Got about a 50% success rate but really really slow to get going. Months.

Can I stick the clones in a coco/perlite medium with say a soaking of seedling strength nute mix and just keep it moist with that?
        Last edited by Bluey; 01-28-2024, 01:24 AM.
        Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
        Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
        Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
        Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
        Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
        Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
        Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

• Mollisol
          Mollisol commented
          Editing a comment
          I apply clonex. Plant them deep into the soil. (FFOF). I just give PH adjusted water until they start growing.

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          I've got that rooting compound, both hardwood and softwood, but results seemed about the same with or without it with a few different plants I've done...last lot I did was rosemary and they took quite a few months to root in good soil but eventually got there.
          I don't have branded soil here. Has anyone cloned into coco?

Always the obvious first choice for a clone and in my experience can be a 50/50 success rate at the earliest stages with the success rate improving the more the top stretches and ages. I have found that the lower branches of a older plant that produces new growth is a better choice but come closer to the flip, through the transition and early stages of flower defoilaging.

Your going to thin the canopy anyhow.
        Space for Rent.

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. I'll be topping and thinning. I may leave my first top a bit later than normal and get a couple more nodes on it. I'll try with the later cuts also.

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          Raise your lights and let them stretch a little😉

Yes you can go straight into coco, soil, moss, cup of water, paper towel, leca....... aeration helps in water, clipping the bottom leaf tips, Spritz the leaves with water out of the light, some rhyzo, clonex, B vitamin, superthrive.......cannabis is on the easy side of cloning comparatively.
        Space for Rent.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X