Growth light brightness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growth light brightness

I'm currently using hydromars fc-6500. One of the functions is sunrise/sunset function. Is 100% output good because it's in bloom stage. Or is sunrise/sunset function good?

I don't use that light, unless Mars Hydro lights guidance says differently the sunrise/sunset function is for when the lights are turning on and off. There is a gradual increase/decrease of light intensity to imitate sunrise and sunset. That was a thing for a while but the artificial sunrise/sunset feature has been proven to be a myth for LED grow lights. You'll need to know how high above your canopy to hang your light. Start at about 18" or whatever Mars Hydro recommends and adjust up or down depending on how your plant responds. Does your light have a dimmer switch? Use that and height of the light from the canopy to adjust your grow light for the flower period. You want to give the plant as much light as you can w/o stressing it. 100% may be too much. but it might not, depending on what your plant is telling you. (RE: Last grow my HLG 350 stayed on at half power. The plant loved it.)
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• akikiyo11
      akikiyo11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I'm using sunrise/sunset function because 100% output is very light strong.
      - 25% for 2 hours
      -75 % for 2 hours
      -100% for 3 hours
      -75% again for 2 hours
      -50% 2 hours
      -25% last hour before lights off
      now setting
      I am Korean. It is hard to translate because all the explanations are English. But your comments are understandable

• golfnrl
      golfnrl commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice to meet you. If your plants are doing well with that light schedule, keep it up.

How interesting all self automated. But not for this old gal i like simple lights and adjusting heights myself. Learning about how the plant looks, reactes to the light. I guess it's like golfnrl says. New gadgets that think reinventing growth of plants. No offences to your light there akikiyo11 for me i'm so old school and just a farmer at heart i'm not into all this new technology.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

The science says that sunrise/sunset have no effect on the plant. Unlike humans, weed doesn't need a cup of coffee before it can function. The moment photons hit the leaf surface photosynthesis begins. No need for a stepped light schedule.

Do you have any way to measure the light energy your plants are receiving? If not it would be a good idea to download one. I have an android phone and use Tent Buddy. Iphone users can use the Photone app. This way you can give your plants the light they need for the stage of growth they are in. I use Daily Light Integral to tell me how much light my plants should be receiving at any given stage of its life.

과학은 일출/일몰이 식물에 영향을 미치지 않는다고 말합니다. 인간과 달리 잡초는 기능하기 전에 커피 한 잔이 필요하지 않습니다. 광자가 잎 표면에 닿는 순간 광합성이 시작됩니다. 단계별 조명 일정이 필요하지 않습니다.

​식물이 받는 빛 에너지를 측정할 수 있는 방법이 있습니까? 그렇지 않은 경우 다운로드하는 것이 좋습니다. 저는 안드로이드 폰을 가지고 있고 Tent Buddy를 사용합니다. 아이폰 사용자는 Photone 앱을 사용할 수 있습니다. 이렇게 하면 식물이 자라는 단계에 필요한 빛을 줄 수 있다. 나는 Daily Light Integral을 사용하여 식물이 삶의 주어진 단계에서 얼마나 많은 빛을 받아야 하는지 알려줍니다.

Cannabis DLI for Your Full Grow Cycle (growlightmeter.com)

행운을 빕니다 형제

Last edited by Rootsruler; 01-25-2024, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Buy a proper meter and you won't have to ask these questions... here's mine and I use it every watering. Best tool in my arsenal. Once you buy it you'll use it forever. Well worth the investment....
        Attached Files

Comment

And be careful of the phone apps. I've tried them all. One, if you moved your phone 1/8th inch would jump 400ppfd. That wasn't right. It was the way my phone adjusted the lenses that would give a false reading. Bought a meter and don't regret it one bit. It's so easy and fast, literally takes 2 minutes. And your not guessing or wondering if it's accurate.

Comment

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            My phones don't exhibit that problem.

Originally posted by Radeon View Post
          And be careful of the phone apps. I've tried them all. One, if you moved your phone 1/8th inch would jump 400ppfd. That wasn't right. It was the way my phone adjusted the lenses that would give a false reading. Bought a meter and don't regret it one bit. It's so easy and fast, literally takes 2 minutes. And your not guessing or wondering if it's accurate.
          I guess I have a pretty steady hand because I compared my Tent Buddy phone app with an Apogee light meter and it was almost dead on.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X