X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL What is happening in her?

What happened in her?
    I used 5gallon fabric pot. RH 5.5-7, she is 6weeks old in veg
    I used fox farm trio+ seni Cal mag xtra, I know N was too much in cal mag so I down some dose in grow big, there is no N in big bloom.
    So my question is what wrong?
    Attached Files

Looking like a classic case of magnesium deficiency.

Does your cannabis plant have yellowing lower leaves between the veins? See pictures of a magnesium deficiency and learn the easy solution.

Needs magnesium for sure. If the nitrogen is too spicy, give less of the base nutrient. Don't reduce the amount of cal mag you give because the are the building blocks that nutrients like nitrogen rely on to build a strong healthy plant.

From the picture though it looks like the plant could use a little of all the nutrients. But she def needs more magnesium and probably calcium too.

Are you using Coco? Peat? What kind of medium are you using in the fabric pots as a base.? The 5.7ph might be too low. I would try 6.2 or 6.0
    Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
    ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
    Current grows:

🪴 Blue Dream x MAC1 (Blimburn original)*photo. First crossing attempt
    🪴 2x End Game #5 x Grandpa's Stash #6 (Ethos)*photo
    (The Uncle Grandpa)
    🪴 Lilac Diesel Rbx2 (Ethos Genetics) *autoflower
    🪴 Grape Balls of Fire (Ethos Genetics) *photo
    🪴 Mandarin Zkittlez (Ethos Genetics) *photo

🪱 Vermihut worm bin
    🫖 Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

Time Lapse Videos
    http://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/e4y68f...iewiwrtbp&dl=0

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      The PH of peat is ~3.3, so you could have a PH issue causing lockout.
      IF that 3 in one test is one of those with 2 metallic probes that stick into the ground, well I tossed those in the trash, they are not accurate.
      Remember, when it flowers no neem oil!
      maybe a foliar spray with calmag.

• shadycon
      shadycon commented
      Editing a comment
      My grandson got me one of those 3 in 1 testers,JUNK...I got one of the GH ph control kits and use test strips to check my water. Inexpensive and makes control easy. Not as accurate as a pen, but it works for me..................

• No3odiesShad0w
      No3odiesShad0w commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried those probes in the past with the 2 metal prongs. They don't work. They're only good to test the moisture of the medium and it's not even accurate at that. Def need a better pH pen. Apera had the PH20 for like 50$. It's not that expensive and mine has been running strong for over a year.

The issue is that peat is acidic..... Bottled nutes are acidic. You need some dolomite lime, at least, when mixing the soil. It's a problem I was running into for years before I figured out the problem. I was growing in peat and I would have pH of 4.5 once I started adding ag lime, gypsum and dolomite lime to my soil mix that the problems went away.

At this point, maybe best thing to do is top dress with some ag lime or dolomite lime. It will help with the peat acidity. As far as the nutes go, I would mix them as normal. Keep the pH like 6.5ish. It should hopefully balance out. The extra calcium shouldn't be an issue since they love calcium.

For quick fix you can def foliar spray to keep the plant happy but you def need to address the peat acidity. I think peat is like 4.0ph. Maybe in the future of you're going to use liquid nutrients, maybe go with Coco. It's neutral in pH, you can also add the calcium in the beginning and you won't have any nutrient leeching. Or get nutrients designed for peat like TPS has I believe.

No3 is right. You have a CalMag deficiency but you won't fix it by adding more CalMag, you have to up the pH. That will fix it.

Peat on its own is way to low in pH to grow cannabis without problems IMHO.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

• Rootsruler
      Rootsruler commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed. Peat has poor O² exchange. pH is the base issue causing other issues. I've never had to buffer my media as it typically already has buffers but you may want to water in some lime to help buffer the pH. Not sure how effective that would be as lime needs to be incorporated into the soil to effectively reduce its acidity but it may effect it enough to allow better ion availability.

Without having proper measuring tools it's difficult to know when enough is enough and too much is too much.

• Mullman
      Mullman commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, sounds spot on! Getting the PH right is extremely important, I use coco coir with vermiculite and perlite mixed in, ph at around 5.8 - 6.0….i would flush the affected plant/s with just ph adjusted water, wait until the top of the medium is dry and start feeding again with the correct ph. Rhizatonic or a root stimulant might be an idea to add if you’re not currently using one!
      Good luck

Thank you folks, I fixed the ph and now she is going happy.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X