Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are those spider mites? Should i just start over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Are those spider mites? Should i just start over?

I noticed a few of these on my plants so i sprayed them thoroughly with Siltac. Then two days later there were much more of them so i sprayed with soap and water and it keeps getting worse. There are no webs on the plants but there is one on the wall of the tent. Today i decided to remove some of them by hand and its much worse than i thought. They are all over the grow bags and pot trays. Now i dont know if i should start over or try to save the plants. I use weed to manage my illness so im really stressed out cause i dont have much left and i dont know which way would be faster. Im growing autos and they are going to flower in a week or two. Do i spray everything in the tent with the same thing that i spray the plants? Or should i use something else? If i decide to start over how should i clean the tent and the grow bags?
    Attached Files

Dude get some neam oil I buy buy the gallon. Mix couple teaspoons in spray bottle couple 3 drops dish soap important only dish works and use hot water in spray bottle. Spray plants till rain soaked weekly if needed ( don’t spray buds 2 weeks or less from harvest so they say. I tried everything for years even though this was recommended way and this is the way. I don’t even need anymore and haven’t used for couple months. I realized now to just hit my veg room and never need in bud room again…. This SHIT WORKS!!!

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Remember, NO neem oil on flowers!

I avoided for years because it says it doesn’t kill them it stops them from breeding eggs won’t stick and I was like I want them dead this minute. Well you spray the neam oil and you won’t see them again. I was shocked how good this easy step worked.

Comment

They might be but I don't see any webs at all.

Could be aphids if not.
      Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
      Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

I'd say aphids. Pretty big for the borg. Either way, Spinosad if in veg. Organic. Might not be safe on buds.

Comment

• Jkando
          Jkando commented
          Editing a comment
          I tried lots different sprays before I tried neam oil and if it did rid bugs for few days they came back…. Neam oil used as instructed and will never have a bug problem…. It is what’s recommended by the professionals. I knew that and was upset at myself for thinking I knew better than the pros. LOL

NO NEEM OIL on buds ever! Not only does it make them taste bad but some folks have serious health problems with it! The PROs here cannot use neem oil (or spinosad), if it shows when tested its mulch!
        Also Spinosad should not be used on buds, lack of testing.
        I use iso (rubbing alcohol) and water, safe on buds as it is only alcohol and water which both evaporate, first the alcohol then the water. 1 part iso to 8 parts water (I have went 50/50 with no issue), spray everything, start with the under side of the leaves then the top and soak them good. Spray the floor, wall, soil, every thing. This as with spinosad is a contact killer and will not kill eggs, so it needs to be repeated every 3 days for at east 3 treatments. Then watch closely. Lights off, fans on and ventilation.
        Pics are blurry for me, if you have webbing its likely the borg, but you could have both aphids and borg. IF this was outside I would suggest predator bugs like ladybugs and praying mantis etc..
        Good luck!

Comment

After using neam oil in veg. Room I don’t need in flower room however when first starting using neam oil I did spray buds mixed as instructed and have never had problem. If mixed and sprayed properly can’t even tell they have been sprayed after couple days if done wrong can see on plants for a week. Neam oil only thing I
          have found works on indoor grow if growing in soil. If growing in other mediums it’s not bad but all potting soils full mites. I like my smoke taste good I would only grow in soil…

Comment

I've sprayed flowers with pesticide and have not had any bad aftertaste or negative effects that I can detect. No penises growing out of my forehead or anything.

I agree with Bluey and Bowhunterwoody. It looks like aphids to me.

Most would disagree with what I'm suggesting but I like to use a product called Azamax when an infestation gets bad like that. Typically, I can catch it pretty early so I use insecticidal soap solution but if they start to get out of hand like yours I go to Azamax. Azamax is a neem oil derivative and OMRI approved. The MSDS says you can spray on fruits and vegetables 10 days before harvest but I would probably not spray anywhere inside your 3 week harvest window to give it time to break down.

Azamax kills a wide spectrum of pests like aphids and mites so if you aren't sure this will cover whatever is eating your medicine.

BTW it is my belief that bug and disease infestations are really only a symptom of the real problem. Unhealthy plant. Plants have natural defenses. When they are unhealthy it gives bugs and disease a chance to proliferate by exploiting the plants weak point. Along with your bug extermination, review the plants health. It may be a sign of a coming deficiency or imbalance.

Comment

If it's aphids you could try a diluted milk solution. This way no harsh chemicals on your flowers but I would wash them off after you take care of your pest problem so that they don't smell or taste like rotten milk!!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X