Still looking sickly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still looking sickly

The two clones. (Largest and in front) look the worse. All the others were planted from seed.

I've been struggling to keep Temps and RH. Within tolerances. The tent is on a concrete floor in the basement. It is sitting on a piece of 1/2 inch foam insulation board. I'm going to add a piece of 1 inch foam to the 1/2 that is already there.

I'm hoping this will help me raise the temp a bit. Currently during the light period about 70F and 40% RH (humidifier running). Drops to around 64F during the darkness.

I don't think I have a ph problem. I just calibrated my meters and they were damn close to the control solutions. I aim for 6.5 and im usually close, within two points either way.

Delof and flipped 7 days ago. Despite them not looking healthy I flipped them anyway.

FFOF, FF soil trio, calmag. 3 gallon fabric pots. Usually 1/2 dose. Gave them a full dose a couple of times during Veg. I never saw any evidence of nute burn.

Anyhow, any ideas? I'm hoping the extra insulation will help. Hopefully the pots and roots are to cold and they will recover.
    SF 35X47X70 tent
    SF1000 X4
    AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
    AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
    FFOF Soil
    FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
    GH Flora Series
    3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
    Gelato Cake
    Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

Can you slow the exhaust fan down or cycle it off and on?
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Hey, Bluey .

I'm running an AC Infinity cloudline. Its currently on its lowest speed. I had not considered putting it on the timer. It runs 24 hours.

I hope this extra insulation helps. and they make a miraculous recovery during the stretch.

You think those cold "nights" are hurting me?
      Last edited by Mollisol; 01-02-2024, 11:16 AM.
      SF 35X47X70 tent
      SF1000 X4
      FFOF Soil
      FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
      GH Flora Series

Mango Sherbert
      Gelato Cake

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the low humidity could be the main issue your facing. I was thinking if you could reduce the ventilation temps will rise a fraction but humidity may come up a bit higher than the temp rise. But it may not work, it may. Dunno.

I think they need more food. They look hungry

Comment

• Mollisol
        Mollisol commented
        Editing a comment
        You think? I could step up to a full dose of FF Trio.

Thanks for your reply Bluey!

I have the exaust fan set to one. I have a timer set for one hour. Then i will check temp and RH.

I'll see if that extra inch of insulation, makes a improvement.. Definitely cant hurt!

Other than that I can't do much else. I can't really afford to by a heater and don't have space for it anyway.

I really miss my LMFAO strain. It's been discontinued by the breeder. They were very tough, high yielding, and potent.
      SF 35X47X70 tent
      SF1000 X4
      FFOF Soil
      FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
      GH Flora Series

Mango Sherbert
      Gelato Cake

Comment

Originally posted by Mollisol View Post
        The two clones. (Largest and in front) look the worse. All the others were planted from seed.

I've been struggling to keep Temps and RH. Within tolerances. The tent is on a concrete floor in the basement. It is sitting on a piece of 1/2 inch foam insulation board. I'm going to add a piece of 1 inch foam to the 1/2 that is already there.

I'm hoping this will help me raise the temp a bit. Currently during the light period about 70F and 40% RH (humidifier running). Drops to around 64F during the darkness.

I don't think I have a ph problem. I just calibrated my meters and they were damn close to the control solutions. I aim for 6.5 and im usually close, within two points either way.

Delof and flipped 7 days ago. Despite them not looking healthy I flipped them anyway.

FFOF, FF soil trio, calmag. 3 gallon fabric pots. Usually 1/2 dose. Gave them a full dose a couple of times during Veg. I never saw any evidence of nute burn.

Anyhow, any ideas? I'm hoping the extra insulation will help. Hopefully the pots and roots are to cold and they will recover.

Next time get your plants healthy before you flip them. Flipping unhealthy plants can cause all kinds of problems.

70* is way to low. I would say 75* minimum but ideal at 80* - 82*. This is part of your issue.

RH is also too low. Do you have a larger humidifier or another that you can run together with the one you have to get RH up? Ideal would be around 55% - 60%. I use an AC Infinity T3 for a humidifier but have 2 extras if it isn't enough. I found one at a second hand store for $6 that works perfectly. The other was another T3 that got a little wonky but still works. ACI told me to trash it anyways.

64* at night is too cold also.

I would look into a tent heater. Either oil filled or ceramic. That is your choice but once you get your temps and humidity up where they'll hold consistently, I have a feeling a lot of the issues you're having now will go away.

I have a 5' x 5', for example, and I use a small 500w ceramic heater to raise the temp in the tent on lights out a few degrees above the lights on temp to keep internode stretching down during stretch. The little heater can raise the temp in my tent 5* within about 30 minutes or less above the lights on temps.

Because your basement is essentially your lung room and you can't get the temp up high enough, as Bluey mentioned, try keeping your fan off for now and see how hot it gets in the tent. Once you're able to raise the temp in the tent to the temp you want you can start playing with the fan time and speed to be able to maintain the Temp/humidity in the tent. If you can't get it at or near the temps I mentioned I would look into the heater I mentioned previously.

Comment

You're only just outside the recommended VPD range for plants at your stage..it's not drastic.

It could be too low nutes aswas stated above but I'd only increase that a little bit at a time, say 25%.

The only thing that stands out is the RH to me. At 70⁰F you want to be at 55%RH and at 75⁰F about 60%RH lights on.
          Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
          Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
          Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
          Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
          Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

• Rootsruler
            Rootsruler commented
            Editing a comment
            AFAIK, Weed drastically reduces growth below 72*. IMO, he's wasting watts if he's running it at 70*.

Honestly, for how cold his basement is, it might be better if he ran an HPS light. Yes, it'll use more electricity but it will probably warm up the tent to the temp he should be at.

Yeah, these ACI toys give you tons of control. You can automate that exhaust fan based on targets. Here’s my seedlings during their 6 hour nap. 70d & 73rh = 0.7vpd in general…phew. You are in control with your fan!

Current Grow - 5 Tangie-matics from FastBuds
          Equipment
          AC Infinity (UIS Controller 69 Pro - WIFI)
          2x4x6 Tent
          6” ACI Cloudline Pro Inline fan / Carbon Filter (Port 1)
          4.5L Cloudforge Humidifier T3 (Port 3)
          6” Cloudray oscillating (Port 4)
          Light: Spider Farmer
          SF-2000 200w (Port 2)

Containers:
          AC Infinity Fabric Pots
          3 – 5gal
          2 – 3gal

Medium:
          Soil – Fox Farm Ocean Forest
          Perlite
          Earth Worm Castings

Nutrients:
          Fox Farm
          Grow Big 6-4-4
          Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
          Big Bloom Plant Food 0-0.5-0.7
          BushDoctor Cal Mag 1-0-0

Neptune Harvest
          Seaweed Plant Food 0-0-1

Comment

The basement temp is an even 60F. Same as everywhere once you get below the frost line.

I'm going to move some dampers. See if I can warm up the ambient air in the basement. Thus warming my intake air up.

Not much elee I can do.

If I just had unlimited space and budget!

Flipping unhealthy plants is a bad idea. Your definitely right about that. I would not normally do it.
            SF 35X47X70 tent
            SF1000 X4
            FFOF Soil
            FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
            GH Flora Series

Mango Sherbert
            Gelato Cake

Comment

• No3odiesShad0w
              No3odiesShad0w commented
              Editing a comment
              Trying to grow on a budget when environment isn't right and you can't do anything about it..... SUCKS. That was me for a whole year and a half. I thought I had good temps and humidity but I didn't. Turns out in the winter with my old steam radiators in the house, humidity was at 70% meanwhile outside it's only 30%. The second was the temp. When these things heat up, they stay hot for a long time and the room would get to the high 80s. Growing was a pain, flowering was even worse. Drying.... For a year and a half I was smoking hay. ..... Slowly slowly over time I got a fan then better lights then dehumidifier, AC unit, humidifier, tents. The whole shabang. I'm waiting on my last inline fan to come on Sunday. Then it's going to be a whole thing where I have to figure out a whole new climate system because keeping the room at 75 will be too hot when the tents are closed. They get to the 80s. But slowly slowly I'm getting to where I wanna be. The flowers come out amazing and getting better everytime.
              The moral of the story is..... Do what you can with what you got and strive to improve.

They do have small heaters on Amazon. 500w infrared for 22$. It won't heat up a basement but might have some effect in a smaller space with a fan blowing at it to move the heat around. And they're pretty tiny but space heaters suck. They're so inefficient.

Thanks for all your comments. It's what I like best about GWE and this forum. Folks are always willing to offer help.
            SF 35X47X70 tent
            SF1000 X4
            FFOF Soil
            FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
            GH Flora Series

Mango Sherbert
            Gelato Cake

Comment

No dramatic changes in temperature, since I added that extra inch of insulation to the bottom of the tent.

I'm surprised honestly. I expected a measurable difference. Anyway I guess 1/2 '' insulation is enough.

The plants look a bit healthier. I don't have pics but more green in the leaves. I stepped up the FF soil trio to 2/3. The recommended dose. Full dose of calmag.

SF 35X47X70 tent
              SF1000 X4
              FFOF Soil
              FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
              GH Flora Series

Mango Sherbert
              Gelato Cake

Comment

EPS has pretty poor insulative properties on its own.

Installed with a sealed air gap will give you about 3 to 5 times the R Value as opposed to zero air gap.

Sitting pots directly on top of a piece of expanded polystyrene foam sitting directly on concrete does a little bit but could be much better with an air gap.

You can google EPS and R value and there will be examples of installations showing how to achieve good insulation properties.

Comment

• Mollisol
                  Mollisol commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's a good idea Bluey. My head space is a little tight. I think I could squeeze in a plywood platform. 2×4 base.

I said it before and I'll say it again. I really miss my LMFAO. I still can't believe elev8 discontinued it.
                SF 35X47X70 tent
                SF1000 X4
                FFOF Soil
                FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
                GH Flora Series

Mango Sherbert
                Gelato Cake

Comment

Consider insulating the exterior of the tent especially the top.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X