Is flushing before flowering necessary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Is flushing before flowering necessary

DWC hydro following the "bubbleponics" tutorials.

Growth has been absolutely insane this week, and I think I need to switch to flower very soon. Like maybe now. Should I still flush with nutrient free water for a week or can I just swap lighting and nutrients? Click image for larger version

Name:	20231228_201704.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	5.19 MB
ID:	611238

Durr! Nevermind. The flush I was thinking is before harvest not before switching to flower. Plz ignore my n00bie azz. 😁

Comment

At least you figured it out. If they were mine I would do a good defol.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Originally posted by Ckbrew View Post
        At least you figured it out. If they were mine I would do a good defol.
        Yeah, I've been doing a little but being my first time I'm afraid to do too much. Lol

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          Take off all the lower leaves not getting the light. That will not harm them at all.

• Ckbrew
          Ckbrew commented
          Editing a comment
          I cut 25-30% of the leaves at this point. If you listen to your plants, they will tell you when to stop. Looking good so far.

I would remove most of the fan leaves and, as Bluey and Ckbrew mentioned, remove any leaves that are not getting light. You'll be amazed at how fast your plant will regenerate leaves. Look up "Schwazzing" to see how severe you can defoliate a plant. I wouldn't do it this time as it's your first time growing but at least you'll see you don't need to be afraid of defoliating.

BTW Flushing is broscience.

Comment

Strain is feminized Gelato.

Switching to flowering nutes and light schedule today. Did some pretty significant defoliating, maybe got a little carried away but I'm sure they'll be fine, the girls are growing like weeds. 😁

First photo is pre-defoliation (forgot to take a photo of the underside but it was a jungle down there! )

Probably could stand to take more of the upper fan leaves, but I'll do that more slowly as they stretch over the next free weeks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240101_175958.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	5.16 MB
ID:	611426 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240101_194229.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	5.58 MB
ID:	611427 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240101_194236.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	4.50 MB
ID:	611428 Click image for larger version

Name:	20240101_194239.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	3.53 MB
ID:	611429

Comment

That is about right imo. Maybe could have been more off the top, but do as you are comfortable. I usually do another at about day 21 of bloom to really define what I do and don't want to keep.
            Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X