Overwatering/ root damage repair in soil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overwatering/ root damage repair in soil

Having trouble uploading my photos but my roots are terrible. I’ve tried transplanting to bigger pots, I’ve tried loosening the root zone then trans planting and I’ve done my best to make sure I’m not overwatering but I’ve seen no improvements. I’m thinking of switching to coco instead of soil. My temps are 80 to 79 and my humidity is at 53. Not sure what I’m doing wrong and now I’m not sure when to water or how to repair the damage I’ve done to my plants pls help

Comment

Get your pots up off the floor, I've had the same issue growing in my basement, the room may be warm, but I guarantee that the tile floor is cold

Comment

• Gabe301
        Gabe301 commented
        Editing a comment
        Will do and thank you

Getting them off the floor is a good start but those roots look like they may have been root bound.
      Also you have some deficiency going on.
      I don't grow in soil under lights but I always used much larger pots for soil grows outdoors.
      Some here do grow successfully in small pots with soil under lights here but it is one of the more difficult grows to pull off without problems.
      Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
      Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
      Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
      Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
      Last Grow: A mix

Comment

• Gabe301
        Gabe301 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, I’m definitely having deficiency issues however, I’m not sure how to correct them, especially since you’ve heard they previously were overwatered in rootbound

For sure get them off the cold tile floor. The cold temps at the roots will ruin anything you're trying to do. Stove the places look okay it's probably the cold floors.
      if that doesn't solve it, before your abandon ship and try a new medium, Nature's Living Soil has a product called Soil Revival. I've used that in the past with great success when I had root issues. This should correct any microbes issues you may be having as well a knock out some pests. Just be careful this stuff is potent.
      Good luck and keep us updated.
      Peace. Love. Mushrooms and Weed.
      ☮️❤️🍄🍁🪱
      Current grows:

🪴 2x End Game #5 x Grandpa's Stash #6 (Ethos)*photo
      (The Uncle Grandpa)
      🪴 Lilac Diesel Rbx2 (Ethos Genetics) *autoflower
      🪴 Grape Balls of Fire (Ethos Genetics) *photo
      🪴 Mandarin Zkittlez (Ethos Genetics) *photo

🪱 Vermihut worm bin
      🫖 Black Tea Kombucha (Fermentaholics SCOBY)

Time Lapse Videos
      http://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/e4y68f...iewiwrtbp&dl=0

Comment

• Gabe301
        Gabe301 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for the help. I will buy some today.💯

My tent is in the basement on a concrete floor.

I put it on top of a peice of 3/4 inch foam insulation. Same insulation you nail to the outside of your home under your siding.

I had some extra laying around in the garage. It's not expensive. You can pick it up in 4' X 8' sheets at any home store.
      Last edited by Mollisol; 12-24-2023, 11:21 PM.
      SF 35X47X70 tent
      SF1000 X4
      AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
      AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
      FFOF Soil
      FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
      GH Flora Series
      3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
      Gelato Cake
      Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

Comment

• Gabe301
        Gabe301 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cause of the poor harvest money is kind of tied right now, but I will look into that. Thank you for the suggestion.

• No3odiesShad0w
        No3odiesShad0w commented
        Editing a comment
        Speaking of foam. You know all those flat sheets of packing foam they put into lights boxes, fan boxes, anything else in a square box. I taped some to the blacked out windows in my grow room and I've had better heat retention. The windows are old, weird custom sizes, so difficult to replace, a huge source of heat loss/gain.
        Now I'm the summer the room stays cooler longer and the heat stays out and vice versa in the winter. The moral of the story. Foam of any kind is a REALLY GOOD insulator. Though the soft, airy kind works better than the rigid dense one. The many gaps of air each provide a temperature buffer.

Originally posted by Gabe301 View Post
      Having trouble uploading my photos but my roots are terrible. I’ve tried transplanting to bigger pots, I’ve tried loosening the root zone then trans planting and I’ve done my best to make sure I’m not overwatering but I’ve seen no improvements. I’m thinking of switching to coco instead of soil. My temps are 80 to 79 and my humidity is at 53. Not sure what I’m doing wrong and now I’m not sure when to water or how to repair the damage I’ve done to my plants pls help
      These are supposed to be at week 4 going on five but I’m crashing and burning. Temps are 78 hum is 36. They are definitely overwatered but I’ve waited 5 days and they are still heavy when I lift

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        You need to get your humidity up above 40. Should be closer to 60 at that stage.

Use this chart to plot your temps and RH

Vapor pressure deficit (VPD) chart & calculator for horticulture in controlled environment. Cannabis, tomatoes, leafy greens, cucumber.

I suspect your plants are suffering enormously, are quite ill and also extremely susceptible to pests and disease at that low RH.

• No3odiesShad0w
        No3odiesShad0w commented
        Editing a comment
        If they're heavy, don't water. If they're not wilting, you're good. If they've been over watered, they could use a bit of a dry back. You'll see when the first leaf at the bottom slightly wilts, then you can give them a little water. If you do have slimy roots or weird stuff happening, the dry/wet cycle in peat will give them the oxygen they need and fortify them.

Might I recommend some kind of wicking system. You can look up easy to make at home ones on YouTube, you can buy some of you have the funds. As long as you have good drainage in the soil (ie pumice,perlite) you'll never over or under water again. I had many issues with over watering and under watering due to my health and not being home. My friend convinced me to look into wicking pots and it's been a game changer. The plants are perfectly watered all the time. And I can have anyone come and easily fill the reservoir so they stay properly watered all the time. And it doesn't need pumps or water lines. Seems like a too good to be true cheat.

• No3odiesShad0w
        No3odiesShad0w commented
        Editing a comment
        If you do like watering often and/or you're using or going to use bottled nutrients, then I definitely recommend Coco. I think Coco is the superior medium for that grow style while peat shines for the organic, no till, multiple grow scenario.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X