Bug eradication?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug eradication?

Has anyone tried a small fogger, with Neem oil&water? My thought is a fogger that has a short hose that you could place in the middle of your plants. Neem oil mix fog to flow up to get to the underside of the leaves. Just a thought while relaxing with my "happy dog"
    Last edited by shadycon; 12-04-2023, 08:56 AM.

May be ok in veg, but no neem oil on buds!

Comment

• shadycon
      shadycon commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Since I'm growing in an open area,spare room,bugs are a problem.
      This spring I'm planning on refurbishing my small hothouse,8'x12'x7-8' high. I'm going to check into foggers to see if I can find one so I can fog the underside of leaves, up thru the plants, instead of using a mister.

Neem oil makes your weed taste like shit.
    Last edited by kingfish; 12-05-2023, 02:27 PM.

Comment

It won't work great. Could be dangerous.
      If you could mix them likely your ultrasonic mister would burn out or worse. Mine says no oil..danger.
      If you buy an ag spray it wont last any longer than 8 hours when mixed with water. It breaks down.
      Last edited by Bluey; 12-04-2023, 08:40 PM.
      Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
      Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

I used to use one of these when I was growing in sea containers. Each 40ft container would house around 84 plants and I could spray down the entire container with 2 reservoirs full of pesticide.

Amazon.com - Fogmaster Jr. 5330 (120 V) - 1 fogger​`

Comment

I was looking at one of these.
          Greenhouse Humidifier 2.2L High Output #GH25 - Greenhouse Humidifier 2.5L High Output Fogger

Neem oil???GWE say's you can use neem oil for bugs, Are pesticides better??? How about peppermint oil????????????

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Nothing wrong with neem you just don't want it on your flowering plant cause it's a " oil " an leaves a shitty taste. I've never used it past veg never ever on flower. More of a outdoor veggie fruit tree product in my view and you can wash it off those items. That's why a sealed tent is better than a big open room that has a occational fly, spider or other bug roaming free. Dogs an cats bring in ants an other insects also. Never used peppermint oil either, couple drops of dishsoap mixed in water spray bottle.

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Most are going to say spray absolutely nothing on buds ever for any reason, IF I must I use ISO and water.

Use 'till harvest.

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            This is not legal on commercial grows in my state, and should not be used on flowers.

I'm pretty good with cleanliness protocols so I rarely if ever get bug infestations or diseases in my gardens but when I have had mites or other bugs I've used Azamax with great success.

Amazon.com : AZAMAX General Hydroponics Azamax 1 Pint (16oz) : Home And Garden Products : Patio, Lawn & Garden

You can spray up to harvest and it's OMRI certified but it takes around 10 days for it to breakdown so the closest I would use it to harvest would be around 20 days out.

I'm pretty vigilant with my plants so I usually catch bug infestations pretty early. I use insecticidal soap solutions first to see if I can eradicate them that way. If that doesn't do it then I go to Azamax.

Comment

you did not mention what type of infestation is on the plants.....different solutions for different bugs....but I would spray the hell out of the area with some bug be gone then address the plants according to the infestation....

Comment

• shadycon
              shadycon commented
              Editing a comment
              Every ones favorite bug; spider mite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've kept them at a minimum with neem oil. No more house grows, at least in my small hot house I can fog the whole room............

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              shadycon if you go the fogger route just remember everything will be covered in neem oil....saturated.

• shadycon
              shadycon commented
              Editing a comment
              That is my idea.Fog just enough to get everything wet, all there hiding places. Only as needed.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X