I've arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've arrived!

OK good folks! I joined a couple of weeks ago because I found GWE for answers to all my questions and have been reading your posts. You look like my kind of people!
    I'm new to growing this beautiful, glorious plant (I never thought I'd be so in love with growing it).

Here's my story:
    Long time consumer - I have Crohn's disease that I manage carefully and this plant helps me in a plethora of ways.

Last spring a friend of mine gave me a couple of GSC photo plants and offered to let me borrow his 150w BloomPlus XP1500 LED. I figured, "what the heck! I love to garden, and this would be kinda fun". I'll just put 'em on my back patio and see what happens.

I'm pretty sure I was a farmer in a previous life I have several 3'x8' above ground planters that I rotate my vegetables, herbs, etc in yearly, and have built, tended, and harvested gardens since I was a young lad.

Anyway, I fell in love with growing this magical plant and since following all your posts and following the beautiful Nebula's amazing tips I now I feel like I'm part of a community <taking a bow>. So thank you all who provide such great information on this forum. Though I am an artist, I am very scientifically minded and love the natural (or synthetic) chemical processes that make up life.

My naive GSC harvest was small (about 5 oz) from two photo plants and only seemed to struggle with a few issues (probably overwatering and some worms). But I learned a lot and I am now absolutely obsessed with growing this amazing plant well...I assume you are too, and that's why you're here as well.

After I harvested my GSC patio plants I promptly bought an AC Infinity 2x4x6 and exhaust fan (with Cloud 69 monitoring) to take this obsession indoors, in a closet in my home office, which I now christen as, The Lab. Since working my office as a lung room.

I'm about to harvest some Critical+NL Autos that have turned out pretty well thanks to following GWE recommendations. I continue to learn...and have many questions that I will be asking you all. And of course I'll share some photos too when I get a chance.

FYI - Using FF soil and nutes, and have realized I need a better light and ACI humidifier which I plan to purchase in the coming months as I can afford.

All is progressing well with my new hobby, and I am excited to learn more from you all and share what I've found with others too.

So thank YOU!

Current Grow - 5 Tangie-matics from FastBuds
    Equipment
    AC Infinity (UIS Controller 69 Pro - WIFI)
    2x4x6 Tent
    6” ACI Cloudline Pro Inline fan / Carbon Filter (Port 1)
    4.5L Cloudforge Humidifier T3 (Port 3)
    6” Cloudray oscillating (Port 4)
    Light: Spider Farmer
    SF-2000 200w (Port 2)

Containers:
    AC Infinity Fabric Pots
    3 – 5gal
    2 – 3gal

Medium:
    Soil – Fox Farm Ocean Forest
    Perlite
    Earth Worm Castings

Nutrients:
    Fox Farm
    Grow Big 6-4-4
    Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
    Big Bloom Plant Food 0-0.5-0.7
    BushDoctor Cal Mag 1-0-0

Neptune Harvest
    Seaweed Plant Food 0-0-1

Equipment
    2x4x6 Tent
    SF-2000 200w (Port 2)

Containers:
    AC Infinity Fabric Pots
    3 – 5gal
    2 – 3gal

Medium:
    Perlite
    Earth Worm Castings

Nutrients:
    Fox Farm
    Grow Big 6-4-4
    Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
    BushDoctor Cal Mag 1-0-0

Neptune Harvest
    Seaweed Plant Food 0-0-1

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome

Some nice looking girls you have there.

Heavy duty scrog net too.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! Welcome to GWE

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      The more you work it the more better your yields will be. It's a fun hobby for me also indoor in the winter. I'm running a 3x3x6 tent with a light that draws 250watt from the wall and i'm very pleased with the out comes. I grow mostly photoperiods. Congrats on enjoying and learning as you grow.

Welcome
    Pot has been part of my everyday life for 54 years. When I think about what I may have smoked in the past... some really good, some who know what it was sprayed with. Its a wonder my lungs are still working. I started growing my own (and for my daughter and husband) a year and a half ago. What a joy it has been. Thank you to GWE for all of there knowledge.
    I have grown house plants and vegetable's for many years, but this weed can be a challenge.
    Pot is what keeps me grounded.

Comment

• Sandy
      Sandy commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nice looking Girlz.

Welcome! Nice plant!

Comment

Hey! Thanks everyone. I appreciate it. And I also appreciate the "nice plants" remarks too, but I know I'll do better. To me, they are "nice plants....for a second try noob!" LOL.
      What was weird about this grow is that the CNL seeds produced two different looking and acting plants. The girl you see on the right got started slow then grew into this tall slender woman with thinner leaves and had quite a bit of spacing between nodes, where the girl on the left was wider, more indica type leaves and buds sprouted as juicy pompoms. If you look close at the girl on the right, I really bent her down and wove her through the netting. She's done real nice but her buds aren't as plump as Lefty Loo Hoo. Oh, and they smell different too (tall chick smells pretty citrusy). I'm thinking I could have got some mixed up seeds from SeedSupreme? I sort complained to them (but in retrospect I should have probably clamped my clam until I know more growing). BUT, could it be that they are the same strain and I somehow stressed them out so they fraternal instead of identical? Kinda puzzled, but I'm willing to wait for the taste challenge. I've read up that these breeders continue to breed certain traits out of their crosses. Maybe my initial struggles to hit temps, RH and VPD was enough to coax something different out of the same seed strain?..or (you might be thinking it) I'm High!
      Equipment
      2x4x6 Tent
      SF-2000 200w (Port 2)

Containers:
      AC Infinity Fabric Pots
      3 – 5gal
      2 – 3gal

Medium:
      Perlite
      Earth Worm Castings

Nutrients:
      Fox Farm
      Grow Big 6-4-4
      Tiger Bloom 2-8-4
      BushDoctor Cal Mag 1-0-0

Neptune Harvest
      Seaweed Plant Food 0-0-1

Comment

• bdeegan
        bdeegan commented
        Editing a comment
        Not to say your seeds didn’t get mixed up but there are different “phenos” within a batch of seeds. A lot of times the breeders will even list how many different pheno variations you may find in that particular generation of seeds. No two seeds will be the same, they are not identical but just sisters. The better the breeder does the more closely aligned the seeds will be to each other.

Welcome aboard. Good lookin' plants. Everything I know about growing weed I learned right here. The end result has improved with each grow it seems. Still, every grow is an adventure to me. And like you I love growing this amazing plant.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

@ezmaarc​ Nice plants you have, ready for harvest they are not. Do yourself a huge favor and wait a while. Yellowing, falling lower leaves indicates you're getting close. Be patient, you'll be glad you were.

Comment

Welcome aboard our little cabal of secret stoners and mystic growers. We look forward to joining you on your journey young Weedhopper.
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X