X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem in the first days of Veg

Hello,

Looking for some help here with the next situation:

The little girls in the picture are in veg phase for 3 days now and they seem to have a problem and we are trying to figure it out. I ll leave you here some details & maybe you can help:
    • their PH is 5.8 - 6
    • EC is 0.8
    • Humidity 60-70%
    • we have the same routine as before - and it went all good except this time
    • the situation in the pictures is happenning with ALL the plants, no exceptions
    • We’ve put them in the veg stage using reused pebbles, that have been washed with hydrogen peroxide & rinsed 2-3 times. This is a method we’ve applied before and it didn’t went wrong. But this time…
    • Something that is different is the fact that this time we added a few drops of SuperVit Vitamins & amino acids for plants

If any of you has any ideas about what this could be, would be a very appreciated help.

Thank you!
    Attached Files

Ok, this is interesting. I have never grown in your type of medium but will venture a guess. I believe that they have nitrogen deficiency as well as nutrient uptake issues related to low ph. Like I said, my best guess. Good Luck
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 White Widow, 2 Critical Super Silver Haze
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

I'm no expert so take my guess with a grain of salt, that looks like heat stress, too much light. That fan leaf below the top growth being that bright green and you got some canoeing, it looks like they are getting cooked. What is the temp at top and ppfd? My GG#4's did not like a high ppfd. Did you increase light when switching to veg?

Comment

Based purely on the photos you have provided, I'd list the following I would do to try and improve things.

Measure the temps and make sure they don't exceed 25⁰C

Measure the pH input and keep it between 5.9 & 6.1

Measure the amount of photons hitting the canopy and make sure it us about 300 umol/m²/sec

If pH is in the correct range suppliment your water with a cal/mag additive.

I'm guessing the pH at the roots us a bit low and I'm also guessing an EC of 0.8 may be a fraction high at this early stage.

They look a lot more than day 3 of veg too
        Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
        Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
        Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
        Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
        Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
        Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
        Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Is this a drip to waste system? With hydroton I prefer using a drain to waste or flood and drain type of irrigation system. Hydroton, IMO, dries too fast for drip to keep up.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X