Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Sick plants

Hey all,

I hope you guys can see what I'm missing here. Transplanted from solo cups to 3 gallon fabric pots about 2 weeks ago.

-soil fox farm ocean forest
    -20/4 lights schedule
    -temp 75 degrees Fahrenheit
    -lights turned down to 80%
    -FF nutrient schedule 1/2 strength
    -water every 2 or 3 days 27 oz. (3 solo cups)
    -water Ph adjusted to 6.5
    -veging under four SF1000 @ 80%

I've gone through the GWE plant doctor pages. But I'm
    still not sure. Could it be Beet Curly Top Virus? They are growing just slowly and sickly.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Click image for larger version  Name:	20231123_082832.jpg Views:	7 Size:	6.09 MB ID:	609463 Click image for larger version  Name:	20231123_082837.jpg Views:	7 Size:	6.66 MB ID:	609464 Click image for larger version  Name:	20231123_082841.jpg Views:	7 Size:	4.49 MB ID:	609465 Click image for larger version  Name:	20231123_082846.jpg Views:	7 Size:	4.59 MB ID:	609466
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mollisol; 11-23-2023, 11:51 AM.
    SF 35X47X70 tent
    SF1000 X4
    AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
    AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
    FFOF Soil
    FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
    GH Flora Series
    3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
    Gelato Cake
    Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

They look underwatered and overlit. What PPFD are they receiving at this point? Water ENTIRE media not just around the root ball.

Comment

29% RH is a big problem and your plants will get very sick and not grow well at all...they can die easily at too low humidity.. Never below 40% unless pushing massive buds through that last extra bit of time, and at that stage of growth 65% for your plants.
      Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
      Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Oh hell! I didn't even think about the RH! I hung some wet towels in the tent. Raised the RH to 36%. I may have to break down and by a tent humidifier. Any recommendations as far a humidifier?
        SF 35X47X70 tent
        SF1000 X4
        FFOF Soil
        FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
        GH Flora Series

Mango Sherbert
        Gelato Cake

Comment

• Rootsruler
          Rootsruler commented
          Editing a comment
          I have an AC Infinity T3 and I love it. Set it to the setpoint I want and let it do its thing. No need to have to manually turn on and off when my setpoint hits. I have 2 extra humidifiers. One is another T3 and one is a Vicks manual that works well also.

I use a small cool mist vaporizer from walmart when needed (in tent). Typically I try to make my environment outside the tent (“the lung”) better so I can have more control inside the tent

Comment

• Rootsruler
          Rootsruler commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. If you have the luxury of a controllable lung room it'll make controlling the environment much easier.

Unfortunately, I don't have much control. Tent is in the basement. It's very dry here. I ordered a humidifier.

i hope they recover. I don't want to lose the genetics.

SF 35X47X70 tent
        SF1000 X4
        FFOF Soil
        FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
        GH Flora Series

Mango Sherbert
        Gelato Cake

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          Lower your temps until you can get humidity up to where it needs to be.

As the plants get larger and you water more the humidity will slowly climb anyway.

I know this is a really tough question. If I get the humidity in the correct range, do you think they will recover?
        What's your best quess?

It's been my experience, they can usually take a hell of a beating in veg. Humidifier will be here tomorrow. I put a 5 gallon bucket of water, and hung some wet dish towels up in the tent. Also set my exaust fan at 50%

That bumped me up to 34% RH.
        Last edited by Mollisol; 11-24-2023, 02:32 PM.
        SF 35X47X70 tent
        SF1000 X4
        FFOF Soil
        FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
        GH Flora Series

Mango Sherbert
        Gelato Cake

Comment

They'll be fine until your humi arrives.

Comment

Yes. Will fully recover
            Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
            Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
            Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
            Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
            Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Just remember it is both the humidity and temp and the combination of that with leaf temp (VPD). They are all important. You are better to keep temps lower than higher unless running CO²

Comment

Originally posted by Bluey View Post
                Just remember it is both the humidity and temp and the combination of that with leaf temp (VPD). They are all important. You are better to keep temps lower than higher unless running CO²
                Correct!! Anytime plants get out of whack light intensity should be pulled back and temps should be lowered some. Intense light and heat will speed up metabolism and if the plant is sick it'll just make it sicker trying to push those processes.

Comment

I agree way underlwatered and over kill on the light's. With your tent size you only need one of those lights. What made you think you needed 4 of those lights?

Comment

Oh yeah man. Total over kill for just two plants. I have four more to put into the tent as soon as they germinate. ( if they germinate) It's day four and nothing. I know it can take 10 days for germination. But I usually see them pop by day three.

I only havre the one tent for veg and flower. I have another SF1000 outside tent I use for veg when the plants are small. But, because its outside the tent i cant control temp or humidity. I'm stuck with the ambient temperatures of the basement.

This whole grow is just starting off really shitty. Two sick clones and 4 seeds that are slow to germinate or won't at all.

Thanks to everyone for your comments and suggestions. I really do appreciate it!
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20231126_131921.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	3.18 MB
ID:	609645

​ ​​​​​​​
                    Last edited by Mollisol; 11-26-2023, 02:24 PM.
                    SF 35X47X70 tent
                    SF1000 X4
                    FFOF Soil
                    FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
                    GH Flora Series

Mango Sherbert
                    Gelato Cake

Comment

• Bluey
                      Bluey commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Don't panic.

Stay the course.

I have found that the ones that don't germinate do eventually pop, when using the paper towel method. Last grow they were still popping at week 3 and week 4 but I threw them out then. They would have been fine but I already had the earlier popped ones under lights and my room was full.

I couldn't get one in 10 to pop in those Jiffy plugs, I think they are peat pellets from memory, even after 6 or 7 weeks. Not 1 popped and I did it properly. Live and learn.

Even if you had 10 plants in your tent, you don't 4 of those lights. 1 of those lights will cover a 4×4 tent. It's like trying to grow a plant in the 120 degree desert. Too intense light. Cut back to one light ans see what happens.

Comment

I think 400 total watts is about right for this size tent.
                      Last edited by Mollisol; 12-02-2023, 02:20 PM.
                      SF 35X47X70 tent
                      SF1000 X4
                      FFOF Soil
                      FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
                      GH Flora Series

Mango Sherbert
                      Gelato Cake

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X