X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust fan

Must I run my tent exhaust fan 24/7

Only if you need to.

Learn what VPD is and read up about ideal night tome and day time temps and humidity and away you go
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Hi Quickster...welcome to the forum. It depends. "Must" you run the tent exhaust 24/7? Depends on your goals. You can experiment with different options but unless you have the perfect atmosphere (temps & RH) at night you'll need to run the exhaust.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11" HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite
      Autopot system
      : Malawai 100% Sativa Ace Seeds x 2
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: Purple Haze/Malawi x 3/Ace Seeds Purple Haze x 1 ILGM
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

I run my exhaust 24/7. Seedlings and veg I'll run it at a 2. Just enough to circulate the air. Flowering I crank it to a 3-4 depending on temp. Using AC Infinity fan and filter. You put it to a 5-7 she's moving some air. 10 is like a jet engine.

Comment

Air circulation and fresh CO2 supply would be my reasons for running 24/7 along with removal of unwanted gasses.

I have an ACI T6 fan and have set the controller to run at level 2 as its low fan speed to keep air moving through the tent.

Comment

Exactly what Rootsruler said. Fresh air 24/7 will definitely help keep mold, mildew, and bud rot away. Mid to high humidity and low airflow is a receipe for disaster. Ex-mushroom grower here....same thing applies to weed.

Comment

Put it this way, constant fresh air is NOT going to hurt your plants.

Comment

Originally posted by Rootsruler View Post
                I have an ACI T6 fan and have set the controller to run at level 2 as its low fan speed to keep air moving through the tent.
                I have the same fan in a 2x4 and also am running it at 2 with a temp trigger to kick it up. I'm having to fill my humidifier a lot more often than I hoped though, and turning it down to 1 might help that. Any idea if that's enough?

Comment

I have an AC Infinity T3 humidifier but I need to upgrade my controller 67 to the 69 WiFi to be able to have it run off the controller but the onboard works just as well and has a humidity probe to regulate humidity in the tent.

The T6 fan is in a 5 x 5 so it takes the fan a lot longer to remove the humidity making it easier to maintain humidity levels versus your tent that is 2 x 4. I would set your low fan to zero to maintain humidity and set it on auto so that if it drops below it'll turn on and keep the tent within range. Your tent is too small to have the fan constantly running like that if you want to maintain humidity. Maybe drop it to 1 and see if it improves humidity retention.

n your case as long as you have air moving inside the tent with a small oscillator you should have no mold issues.

What size reservoir does your humidifier have? The T3 has a 1 gallon reservoir and I've refilled it maybe once in the last 3 or 4 days.

I have an extra T3 Humi if you're interested.
                  Last edited by Rootsruler; 11-13-2023, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rootsruler View Post
                    What size reservoir does your humidifier have? The T3 has a 1 gallon reservoir and I've refilled it maybe once in the last 3 or 4 days.

I have an extra T3 Humi if you're interested.
                    the acinfinity t3 is exactly what I got. I'll try turning the fan down to 1 and see what happens. Thanks!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X