Stem splitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stem splitting

I received two white widow plants four days ago from a friend. He said he has been keeping them barely alive in his basement until he can plant outside. In New England so the temps were getting down to 50's in his basement. Not sure what the conditions of their actual environment was. At this point I have been able to get the tent up to the lower 70's, generally 71-74, with rh between 40-45. I'm still working on improving the rh for vegging. This is my first grow, so I have four days of experience to go along with what I have been studying on this website.
    My main concern right now is one of the plants had a 2-3 inch slit along one of the stems. Is this going to be a long lasting issue? I placed tape on it as a bandage so you will not be able to see the actual damage.

It will either heal or the branch will let you know it isn't getting what it needs. I was reading a thread yesterday started by a fellow who was splitting his stem intentionally to somehow increase yield or potency, I forget which. So here you are just starting out and already experimenting with stem splitting. Rock on.
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Haha, guess I'll help that guy with his research in my process. It is hanging quite a bit, I have propped it up with the soft wire ties to try keeping it more level with the rest of my training stems and to help it from tearing further. I'll update throughout the process.

Comment

It happens sometimes-I get it from HST when I make a knuckle. Sometimes a stem can look like it won't make it and it thrives.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Good, thank you for the responses. I think I need to relax a little. I know I can get a little over meticulous with certain things. I don't think I fully grasp the level of resiliency these plants have yet.

Comment

me too!! they'll teach you quick, tho! also, what gb said...i'm new at this too and i've already had 2 that i thought might not make it but just bc i'm meticulous like that i made a little tiny crutch out of wire and soft tape and they "reattached" themselves somehow.
            "i try to play the ball not the opponent."--Roger Federer

Comment

yeah....they bounce right back..It's a weed. hearty like that. I split mine down the middle and pulled her back together and left it there. healed up in two weeks. nice big knuckle now.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X