Beginner paranoia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginner paranoia

So I just started growing my first grows with a vivosun setup light, tent etc. I need help with a few things. One, I have a auto water dripper should I run it for 2 minutes every 2 days? It seems to be fully dry by then. 2 I have a humidity problem where it's staying at about a 33% I have a bowl inside with water, I mist inside so it goes up for about an hour then comes back down. And last but not least I'm worried because my plant has a weird spot on it. I use nitrogen and phosphorus supplements Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapchat-1175792120.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	1,012.1 KB
ID:	607028
    Attached Files

Hi Dead, I'd start here to learn how to take care of young plants: https://www.growweedeasy.com/basics

We have to juggle a lot of factors for each grow phase: the best thing you can do is read on the gwe site. It tells you what temps, humidity, etc. you need for each phase.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

You're obviously in an area where RH is very low. Ditch the dish and invest in a small humidifier. As you've experienced, it does nothing to raise humidity in any appreciable way.

Next time wait until your plants are bigger, like at least 5 nodes, before you transplant into a pot that large.

I don't like running drippers because it localizes the water in one particular area and retards root expansion unless you have enough of them that are keeping the entire media moist. If you can, try and wet the entire media you have in the pot. By wetting the entire media you won't have to water so often and you'll get proper dry back. Wetting the entire media will also help in raising humidity.

To figure out feed times run your drippers until you start to see runoff. Dial it back a little so that you get just to the point of runoff. That's how long you need to run your drippers. If the entire media is not wet by the time you see runoff you need to add a dripper to the dry area. Figure out how long it takes to dry back by using the light pot method and adjust your feed times and frequencies accordingly.

Are you in a 2 x 2?
      Last edited by Rootsruler; 10-13-2023, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• dirtymike
        dirtymike commented
        Editing a comment
        48 inches by 48 inches is 4 foot by 4 foot. Those must be 20 gallon pots??

• Rootsruler
        Rootsruler commented
        Editing a comment
        Please measure the inside to confirm. The pots your plants are in look like, at mimimum, 5 gal pots. 5 gal pots are usually around 10" - 12" in diameter. 2 pots sitting side to side would measure 20" - 24" across. Your pots are touching each side of the wall. 24" = 2'

Maybe he's thinking of height? I have two 2 x 2's for mom tents and they're 4 feet high.

• Deadpolishki
        Deadpolishki commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah yes it's 2x2 sorry in my thing I have it wrote as 4x4 for some reason, they're 3gal pots

You started them in something they can finish in. 3 gallon is a good choice. Light spot here and now aint much to worry about, might be your water. I always filter and let it sit a day or two before i add nutes and ph it to match the medium im using. Just don't drown them in those 3 gallons of medium. They dont use alot of H2O at this stage. Patience

Comment

Welcome to our forum. You are so overthinking this. Just use a nutrient system such as General Hydroponics or Fox Farms plus Cal-Mag. Water theses by hand outside the leaf circle. Read the aforementioned https://www.growweedeasy.com
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 White Widow, 2 Critical Super Silver Haze
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Slow and steady. Your water regime is probably about right for this stage but don't let it dry out. Maybe better off 1minute each day if the coco is drying all the way through with your 2min every second day. It will help bring up the humidity a bit also
          Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
          Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
          Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
          Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
          Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
          Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
          Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

I don't know if you do, but don't close your tent.

Comment

Since this is your first grow, and I also have a small 2x2 tent, I have to say that is a lot of plant for a small tent.

You can spray the entire inside of the tent with a mist of plain water to increase the humidity at this stage. Once your plants are filling the tent more, you don't want the water potentially causing mold/algae issues but at this stage, it will dry fast.

Be prepared to flip to flower when your plants are no more than 12" tall. They will fill up that tent fast and as soon as you flip, the stretch will give them a burst of height. You'll be trying to bend the tall stalks and have no place to put them. Have a plan for some serious plant training to keep them under control. You probably already have something in mind.

Comment

Read all of these and took that I to consideration here's how they're doing I sorta stopped using the drippers and went to water them I can't tell if they're ready to flower or not I believe they are except for one but this plant looks droopy so figured I'd ask if anyone knows why.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Tone3000
                  Tone3000 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think you're worrying too much about your humidity at this stage. Very soon, your plants are going to be much larger and putting out a lot more moisture and the humidity will rise on its own in your small tent. They will survive the next couple of weeks just fine. Like I said, I grow in a small tent too. A humidifier is unnecessary.

More concerning are the yellow lower leaves on your plant which indicate a potential nitrogen deficiency and you really want to avoid that while vegetating. That could be causing the droop. The upper leaves look plenty dark, but nitrogen is a mobile nutrient. Is your pH too low? Or maybe you need to increase the nitrogen supplementation?

You didn't indicate if these are photos or autos. If they are photos, have you flipped to 12/12 yet?

• Deadpolishki
                  Deadpolishki commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They are autos but I did flip it 12/12 and the drooping and yellow just got worse

• Tone3000
                  Tone3000 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  With autos, usually you want to give them at least 18 hrs of light for the best yield. I've even seen 20/4 or 24/0 used by some growers but I've not tried it. As far as I know, 12/12 could slightly decrease your yields. But a healthy plant will always yield more than a stressed one, so you have to listen to what your girls need!

It still looks to me like there is an issue other than humidity going on, but if the humidifier is working, then clearly my thumb is not green.

Also anyone have any good humidifiers for plants with control ?
                ​​​​

Comment

• Bluey
                  Bluey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Look for one with a big tank. I think 1.5gal or 6ltr are reasonably common. They are pretty crap at measuring humidity though.

• Rootsruler
                  Rootsruler commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have an AC Infinity T3 humidifier. You can program it to reach whatever level of humidity you want and it'll maintain it. It has a 4.5 Liter reservoir. It also has a probe that you hang to monitor the humidity. Input jack is a little loose but otherwise it works perfectly. If you're interested I'll sell it to you. I have another that isn't programmable that also works well. I thought I would need a humidifier but where I'm at it stays pretty humid so I don't need it.

So Felicia looks a lot better after I watered today and added a humidifier I set to 60%
                ​​​​

Comment

I feel like there might be something else too but I can't pinpoint it, currently the humidifier is working, they were a humidity of about 34-39 their whole life until today but it sprung up really good which I'm glad I thought that one was going to die. Temp is normally about 82-84

Comment

They're in preflower and perhaps flowering but looks like they missed out on the stretch.

I'd just focus on keeping the environment dialled in as best you can.
                    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
                    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
                    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
                    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
                    Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
                    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
                    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X