No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello community,
    I would love too grow my own weed indoors. I've been reading posts in order to get an idea of what I'm about to get into. First, I purchased a grow tent (vivosun complete setup 2×2) large enough for 2 plants. The problem is, I don't have a clue as to what I'm doing. I really don't know where to begin. I want to set the tent up on my enclosed porch but unfortunately it isn't heated. I am probably going to buy a complete grow kit using white widow auto flower. Another problem that I have is, I don't really understand the jargon. When someone responds to my post with advice, some of it seems so technical and it's way over my head. I had no idea that so much was involved in growing. I want to learn as much as possible. I appreciate any and all help that I can get. Happy growing!!!

The links at the top of this page will be of great help, start with "Growing Basics"

Comment

Thanks you 👍

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to the grow forum. I did unheated porch tent grows for many years. But never during the winter i'm in Oregon, i did them during spring before heat started. Or early fall ran some autos. Think about them as glorified tomatoe plants they like heat. Read up young weed hopper ask us before you spend $$$ on high end stuff that your unsure of.

AH! Young Weedhopper! So it is knowledge you seek. Welcome to our forum. The first stop on your journey is to go to; www.growweedeasy.com and read it. It is the holy grail of growing knowledge. Only after you have read this tomb, can you be privy to all of the lingo as well as a better idea of what to ask. I will give you a start.

A. Stop purchasing anything else until you read this site. Doing so will save you a lot of money later.
      B. Be prepared for disappointment in your initial grows. Most of of are still learning after 15-20 grows.
      Current Grow: 1 GG4, 2 Hot Cakes, 1 Sweet Gelato Autos
      3 gallon cloth pots
      30"x30"x60" tent
      Spider Farmer SE3000
      Coco Pearlite mix
      GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• Stevieje
        Stevieje commented
        Editing a comment
        oldmangrower: thanks for the tip. It has a wealth of information.

What OldMan said. If you wanna grow good weed, you have to learn how and that means you have to study. Few of us are fortunate enough to have a master grower we can apprentice under, so many of us here learned how on GWE: https://www.growweedeasy.com

I always say, Anyone can grow schwag, but why spend all the time and money just to grow schwag?????
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Welcome.

Follow the GWE start here guide, read everything. It's an excellent start.

There's a lot of misinformation out there. Ask questions. Grow weed. Be happy.
        Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
        Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
        Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
        Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
        Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
        Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
        Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Agreed. Learn the basics and build on that knowledge. Don't expect huge, sticky flower your first run but that's not to say with help from here you can't. My suggestion would be to learn basic plant biology along with some of the grow guides on here. Learn the names to the different parts of a plant so that when you ask questions people know what you're referring to.

I'll start you out with this......

Click image for larger version

Name:	plant parts.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	606136

Comment

I appreciate all of your responses.
            Just a little background. I setup my tent (2×2) w/4" ventilation, vs1000 light. I started germination on the 8th. Medium coco coir w/ perlite. I purchased vermiculite to add to my Medium. I purchased flora trio + Cali mag + up and down for PH. 5 gal. bags my PH tester is on the way. White Widow autos. Target for my first grow is two plants. Right now, I'm just waiting for the seeds to pop. I've kinda spent more than I really wanted but, are there any more must haves that I should consider? Thank you all, your help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Rootsruler
              Rootsruler commented
              Editing a comment
              Humidifier and dehumidifier to control your humidity levels

Thank you, I guess I gotta do what I gotta do...

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              What's the temps an humidity now on that porch will you be growing during winter?

Yeah bro I changed my mind about the porch and decided to put my tent in one of my spare rooms. It gets entirely to cold even though it's enclosed. As a matter of fact, I dropped a couple of my girls in water on Sunday. I checked on them today and they have popped already. My grow bags will be here tomorrow. I hope my girls will be alright until then.

Comment

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              Stick em in a cup with a bit of light 👍

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X