Growing for dummies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growing for dummies

Good morning everyone. I'm sure we've all seen those "..for dummies" publications etc) for cooking, knitting, plumbing, painting before. I'm wondering if there's one for "growing your marijuana". Yes, I know Google is my friend lol...so isn't here! Or at least something similar. Like maybe on you tube. Maybe a series of videos there.

Reason I'm asking is I'm hangin up growing for a while. My last two or three grows the yields have not been satisfactory I know I'm doing some things wrong as well but a lot of times I try to cram everything I see on Facebook or here into one single grow and I've either been over or under doing something.

My last grow was blue dream. The seeds came from growers choice. As a younger plant (veg) it was doing great. I flipped to flower when she was about 30" giving her plenty of time and space to explode. Uhh nope she maybe had growth spurt of about 6" and that was it.
    so thanks for reading. I hope there is something like that for this "dummy."
    Peace out and happy growing!

You are in the right place just on the wrong page. At the top of this page is a header bar that reads GROWING BASICS , that is were you need to start.

Comment

The "Grow Weed Easy" site associated with this forum is likely what you are looking for. I've been growing for 50 years and this "dummy" is still learning things from the site. Check it out:

Growing weed can be easy, though some marijuana grow tutorials make it seem like you need a degree in horticulture. Learn how to plant a seed & start growing with as little time and effort as possible, or read our advanced tutorials for monstrous yields!
      2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
      2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
      2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
      2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

• shadycon
        shadycon commented
        Editing a comment
        In my opinion; The do this for "Dummies" publications, are for people dumb enough to buy them!

LOL shadycon that's funny. Only with practice will the skills get better and if you got the right tools for the grow.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Don't Give Up! My several initial grows were awful! It is exactly as SoOrbudGal​ says. Practice and knowledge. You cannot get enough of the former and too much of the latter. "Growing for Dummies" already exists. It's called "GrowWeedEasy.com. I strongly suspect that you have attempted too much at one time and listened to too many opinions. I have read and reread the GWE site many times. It is the only guide I follow. On this forum, it it easy to find consistent advice. Don't overthink it.
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Start here:

This easy tutorial explains how to grow cannabis indoors from seed to harvest. Learn how to take care of your plants with step-by-step instructions!

You won't find a better starting tutorial anywhere. Look around the site, you will find advanced information also.
          Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

demcc3 I'm skeptical of the idea of anything for dummies: in my experience, there's no doing anything really well without a lot of effort, learning, and practice. The entire concept of wanting to "dumb down" processes--like growing weed--that are complex and require a good amount of expertise, is, well, dumb. Complexity just ain't simple. I have always maintained that growing weed ain't easy until you really know what you're doing.

As I reflect over the past 7 years of growing, of course I now know how to recognize problems and nip them in the bud quickly. But when we're starting, we don't have all that background knowledge and practice. I have never been a fan of "fast food culture" or for that matter fast anything: Knowledge and practice have to be the groundwork.
            Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
            2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
            Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I'll be the one to digress on the "Dummy" series. Put together a performance VW engine in my bedroom when I was 15 using one. Ran great until I put a rod through the top of the case racing a camaro.

I think you answered your own question. You're trying to do too much at once without really understanding how it works. Stick with basic growing principles and, as was mentioned, add a few new techniques every grow until you find what works best for your situation.

Comment

I rarely look anywhere else but GWE since I have found this place. Nebula and Sirius have it figured out. There's way too much conflicting information on the internet and youtube. The regulars on this forum know their stuff and are willing to share the knowledge and only ask that a grower put in the effort to learn. To me GWE could just as easily be How to grow weed for dummies, cause I are one and GWE and the regulars here have taught me all I know. My weed is better than or just as good as dispensary weed and it's very satisfying to get stoned on the homegrown. Don't give up. Maybe your challenges were the type of grow medium you were using. I found one that works for me. Have you signed up for the newsletter? I hope so. It's a wealth of info every Sunday.
                Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
                Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
                Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• shadycon
                  shadycon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This site works for me! But in my opinion; It does not hurt to get a second opinion from where doesn't matter. You have to be able to understand what you are trying to find out and and 'weed' out the trash from Mr. knowitall.

My first indoor grow was 40 years ago.

I hung a 400w or so metal halide light by its electrical wires in my unventilated cupboard about 8 inches above a seed in some top soil I scrounged from my front yard.

It did brilliantly for a week, reaching for the light but turned purple and fell over and died without developing more than 1 pair of leaves.

I went back to outdoors after that. It was all to hard, until recently 😍
                Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
                Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
                Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
                Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
                Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
                Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sounds familiar to me LOL

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X