Water PH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water PH

I currently use water lowered to 6.0 ph. I make 5 gallons at a time. do I have to keep checking PH or does it stay that way permanently?

You need to check it regularly to ensure pH stability. Water, nutes, pH up/down, suppliments all need to be compatible to ensure stability not just in your tank but more importantly at the roots.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      What they said.

IF its tap water, the buffers will have to be over ridden to become stable. Yes test it often.

Comment

It should be pretty stable for a few days but after that,,How long does it take to consume the 5 gal? If more then a few days then maybe mix to 4 gal...

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        I get pH stability in my tank for 7 days no problem. Just with 2 part base nutes, lemon juice for pH down and epsom salts for mag suppliment.
        Still looking for a cal suppliment that doesn't stuff that up.
        I did use a calmag macro mix I think and that was disastrous with pH rising fast. Thought it was firstly an algal bloom in my tank because it reeked bad.

Adjust as you go. No shortcuts.

As was mentioned, many factors will change the pH of your water. pH at mixing time.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X