Temp advice to fix my balm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temp advice to fix my balm?

After 6 years of making my own 2:1 thc/cbd 'stiff' balm (so the pets don't lick it) This jar looked perfectly melted and combined. I stirred, added fsho oils, stirred more and let it sit. There are some pesty half-melted beeswax pellets in it. What temp can I re-melt this without degrading the medicines? Thanks.

My spring and summer have been neurosurgery and P-T, hope y'all grew some nice trees this summer!
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Unless you have a lot of them or they are very hard, I would just let it go. I have the same issues with my salve but the beeswax just rubs right in.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi OMG - these on top are kind of hard. First two batches were perfection.

BTW you have my sympathies. Had my second back surgery in late June and am still moving quite slow.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I had my back surgery in 94, the good I can still walk, the bad I still hurt like hell (pass the bong this way) I was told I would have to have another surgery in 10 years to reopen the nerve pasages, no f'n way as long as I can still walk they will not touch me again. the best to both of you, for me it did not get better, but it is stable now. (3 disks fused together in the low back S1, L5, L4 something like that I have slept once since then)

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Rwise - dang. I think my lumbar is just used to it, from a 1979 MVA. Having a rough week with back/arms/muscles but still better than surgery. My patch dose got bumped up a bit but I don't feel any better. My best thing is to eat an edible around suppertime to at least sleep deep later, and longer. Then awake to another day to endure. If I vape wax in the evening and get a good buzz the pain is off my mind. But if I got Wild Thai started growing again it is my pain strain, sativa or not it always helped.

ATM I have cannabutter in the fridge chillin'; making tincture for gummies in the Insta-Pot as a slow cooker overnight; I still haven't fixed the balm, think I overdid the beeswax, might have to add EVOO and use two smaller jars; been eating weed brownies since last night. There's room in my freezer now, E.C. almost empty. I have 2 jars of the top buds left from my 3 yr old grow. I found a freezer bag with trim & popcorn too late to add to the butter, firecrackers are easy edibles.

I'm tempted to try some interwebs weed, until I get my act together. I've had people vouch. A good friend my age fell in his garage, ended up needing neck and lumbar surgeries ... he still uses a wheelchair or walker, stuck at home. He was a not-long retired laborer, always at the bar or at parties on weekends, fun guy. Stoner, drinker and mentor of everything else I ever tried. So, yeah, you can walk which is a plus but the pain. I know a gal who had stenosis, had surgery, titanium put in her, she's better. I've never been that lucky. Burn one off, pal.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Puglover1 IF you can get by without the surgery that may be the best. The next step in the slippage for me was no more anything below the waist, with the surgery at least I dont have to worry about any further slippage. One must weight the pros and cons for them selves. BTW I still set of some metal detectors as there is a piece of wire from the bone growth stimulater in my back.

If it's only a few pellets I wouldn't worry much... Happy to read you again ! Hope you are feeling a bit better mon amie !!
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      The bigger hard pieces are on top, of course, my fault. I'm going to try to remelt, maybe add more evoo then whip it good. Been meaning to drop by for a couple of weeks but never enough time. I got used to covid days, just staying home, don't like having to go for P-T twice/week, out of town, summer gas prices, in the heat. Are you near the fires that were blowing smoke my way? Thought about you several times. Glad you were here when I finally came to ask advice!

You can warm the balm in a double boiler just until it becomes liquid again. Put some ice in a large bowl and then set the pot of melted balm on the ice. Using an electric hand mixer whip it as it begins to cool and it will stay beautifully emulsified.

Comment

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought of that, just didn't want to ruin the canna oils. Ofc this time I put it in a hard plastic empty jar that was bigger diameter, easier to access. Thank you!

• Puglover1
      Puglover1 commented
      Editing a comment
      My version is more like a candle than Noxema, not that extreme but it works pet-wise, works fast ... it works, yay!

You know I have had perfectly smooth balm that after a few months begins to get clumpy as if the wax never melted. Not exactly sure why that happens. I thought next time I made it I would leave the wax out of it to see if that changed anything, maybe it's not even the wax but some sort of hardening of different ingredients in there, who knows.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X