Lost Seed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Seed?

This morning I was going to start 3 seeds. So I thought I would scrap them up a bit with some sand paper, before I put them in water. I was at my computer desk, grabbed some sandpaper and seeds, and sat down to scrap a little as I read the GWE Forum. AS soon as I started I realized that with my fat and not so nimble fingers this seed was going to pop out of my hand and end up on the floor, the floor is carpeted with I'll say a normal pile. But along with my arrogance and stupidity, I continued to scrap the seed, and of course within a matter of seconds the seed popped out of my hands and onto the floor fulfilling the vision.

My question I have is not about my obvious stupidity and arrogance, cause even without those 2 things the seed would have popped out anyway.

Before you answer below, I have already been on my hands and knees with a flashlight, a brown seed on a brown carpet, right good luck. My next and final attempt, will be to grab one of our sweepers, put one of my wife's old stocking over the nozzle an scourer the area.

My question is do you think I will find the seed?

I lost one last year and am still looking.good luck

Comment

Hey-- Get back down there but with a lint roller or piece of tape. Also now check the bottoms of your shoes and your knees.

Comment

• furrysparkle
        furrysparkle commented
        Editing a comment
        Love your profile pic!

I don't know about the seed. But I can tell you this. Sand paper is hard to handle and imposible to scrap a seed holding it with your hands. And you cannot rub them against the paper. Even inside a match box or making a tube out of sandpaper was hard and inaccurate. So I found something that works better. Just grab the seed between two fingers making sure the "edge" of the two parts of the shell are visible and not covered with your fingers. Then with with a nail file scrub all that edge. Really carefully just once slide the nail file and look at the seed so you don't over do it. The idea is to scrap the edges of the two shells so it is easy to open for the seed and he water can get in. Apart from the edges scraping on the shell is useless. Inside the outer layer there are a few more so right where they come together is the place

Comment

Think positive, and know you have plenty of company in the stupid thumbs club Hope you found it.
        Alternately you could cover the carpet with soil and water it all until the seed pops...

I read yesterday on the Canna site that they recommend adding a bit of their Rhizotonic to the water you soak your seeds in. Apparently it will help soften the husk without sandpaper. I'm gonna try it next time I need to soak a seed.
        Sand, sea, sun, sausages, and sinsemilla.

About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won't like you at all.

-Rita Mae Brown

My Small Tent, Monthly Harvest, Perpetual Auto Grow

My IG

Comment

• yamiacaveman
          yamiacaveman commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought about watering my carpet, but at least I had enough sense to remembe I was married, and I'm sure that would not go over well :-)

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I think the carpet watering is a brilliant idea...

Originally posted by Beach_Town_Brit View Post
        Think positive, and know you have plenty of company in the stupid thumbs club Hope you found it.
        Alternately you could cover the carpet with soil and water it all until the seed pops...

I read yesterday on the Canna site that they recommend adding a bit of their Rhizotonic to the water you soak your seeds in. Apparently it will help soften the husk without sandpaper. I'm gonna try it next time I need to soak a seed.
        Now I know how the mushrooms came about in the living room!

Comment

• Beach_Town_Brit
          Beach_Town_Brit commented
          Editing a comment
          Shrooms right there in the living room, how convenient! I'd be tripping all the time

Of course you will find the seed.

Unless, or course, you stop looking.
        Last edited by Flockshot; 02-24-2017, 12:32 PM.
        completed 7 grows
        what I have learned so far:
        environment maters more than nutrients
        at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
        effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Clean out the shop-vac& get to it. good luck. I learned the hard way to never open a pill bottle over the sink. When I work with seeds it'over a cookie sheet.And I never open more than one pack of seeds at a time.
          Last edited by PRIMO; 02-24-2017, 01:04 PM.

Comment

I have porcelain tile floor. Dropped a seed and stood up to look for it and stepped on it crushing it to bits. Stooopid!!

Comment

I know you'll find it, Caveman!!! Suck it out of the carpet, dump the vacuum bag, get a magnifying glass, and do it!!! I dropped an expensive seed on the floor, searched and searched, and never found it. I think one of the dogs slurped it up.
              Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
              2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
              Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X