NPK of Cannabis leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NPK of Cannabis leaves

I am wondering what the NPK values are for healthy leaves from defoliation. Has anyone actually tested them. I looked around and can only find nutes to give and not what I can get back. many peeps, it appears, compost the leaves back into mulch or top dressing. Just wondering what I'm getting. Perhaps getting back just what I gave them the last week or so. Also wondering if this mimics Dr. Earth or Gaia. And....How much is too much. Anyone tested the leaves or have logical ideas?

Baddaddy, I feel kind of dumb, but I have no idea of what you are asking.

Comment

I'm confused too
      SF 35X47X70 tent
      SF1000 X4
      AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
      AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
      FFOF Soil
      FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
      GH Flora Series
      3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
      Gelato Cake
      Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

Comment

I have no data behind it but I wouldn't think there are enough nutrients to change the balance. I'd say just bonus nutes and new dirt over time. I did question if it's better to keep them out if the tent because they held moisture after watering and I didn't want molds. I crunched them up more after thinking that and it was fine.

Comment

I add my defoliation leaves back to my worm compost bin. What measure of nutrients it adds I haven't a clue but it eventually gets broken back down and becomes a natural amendment to my soil.

Comment

I too recycle the leaf back into the soil, what the actual value is IDK.

Comment

To the folks that don't know what I'm talking about, The value of the leaves I remove from plants when defoliating. What are their NPK values and how much can I put back in the soil as top dressing without getting it toxic. I dry mine before putting them back on top so there's no mold issues. I'm thinking about drying them, crunching them to dust, then sprinkling them back as top dressing by the tablespoon. Like DR Earth or Gaia dry amendments. I'm just curious of what exactly am I putting back on as top dressing as far as NPK. Hope this clarifies for some of you. No one speaks of this in any video or website. Google returns answers for nutes to put in and wants me to buy some. so no answers there.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                I would'nt worry to much about toxicity using them i throw them into my compost bin that only has green produce. No meat or food waste other than veggie waste. I turn it and use it the following year.

The NPK that exists in a dried uncomposted leaf that is available to the plants would be very close to 0-0-0. I think you'll find it is absolutely zero.

once composted and broken down into an available nutrient form, either a salt or other acceptable compound, the NPK available would vary enormously dependent upon method used to transform it. Sure they'll be something but what is going to vary heaps.
              Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
              Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
              Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
              Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
              Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
              Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
              Last Grow: A mix

Comment

• Baddaddy
                Baddaddy commented
                Editing a comment
                Agreed it could vary heaps depending on what I feed my plants which is mostly N during the end of veg. However, one can burn plants with N if applying too much in a short time. Yes it all has to break down back to its elements but elements don't change much when they get to their final stage, nitrate. I guess I'll run a clone and feed it only leaves through veg and try to burn the plant. Of course I'll dry and grind the leaves and feed by the tablespoon till it can't take it or thrives.

• Bluey
                Bluey commented
                Editing a comment
                Nitrate NO³ is the most common form of nitrogen used by plants. If you produce runoff in your organic soil grow you will find you are flushing it out of your soil in huge quantity.

I doubt you will find much in any of the leaves. Probably none. You most often find it in decomposed organic matter inc leaves and manure.

Thank you Bluey! For the epiphany. Ill dry them completely, soak them (or the dust I make) in distilled water for a day. Then test NO3 with my aquarium test kit. It tests for a few other chemicals as well. I just got to know man!

I'm a coco man. I use some organic stuff just to stabilize things.
              Last edited by Baddaddy; 08-24-2023, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X