Storage jars (1 gal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storage jars (1 gal)

So, what is everyone using for larger storage jars, preferably 1 gal size?
    TIA for any info (I haven't search amazon, etc. yet)

edit- bought some 1/2 gal Ball jars instead. Now if only the weather in the Northeast would cooperate!!
    Last edited by GreenState; 08-19-2023, 07:40 AM.
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

I do use half gal ball jars to keep a small amount handy to fill bags but for curing and long term storage I use 5 gal buckets with gamma seals. Got 6 of them they're the best. You can even use a small air pump, a timer and a couple of valves to make an automatic curing/burping set up. But haven't done so myself

Comment

I use the 1/2 gal Ball canning jars. Best price I have found is from Uline. https://www.uline.com/BL_8192/Ball-G...Jars+With+Lids They also carry 1 gallon and smaller sizes with one piece metal lids. That is all they had during the pandemic. I don't like them as much as the Ball jars. 5 gallon buckets, now that is hard core.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• OldManGrower
        OldManGrower commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, thanks for the tip. I was in the market for some half gallon jars. Uline is significantly less expensive then Amazon. Going to order soon.

9fingerleafs I agree with Ckbrew that is hardcore! (ha,ha) I though the 5 gal pails were used for burying ammo in the backyard!
      I saw 1 gal jars, but noted they didn't use the typical size cover/caps. And of course it's the caps/rubber seal that is the weakness with any glass jar storage.
      I think the 1/2gal size will work out perfectly.
      Friggin raining here again this morning. 5 days in a row of at least some rain!
      "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha yeah I guess they're not for small quantities, but the seal it's excelent. There are some smaller containers with the same gamma seal, for dog food or for cereal and grains. Anything that needs to be kept dry

I use some recycled gallon jars, the lids still seal when I decarb in them, this year larf and leaf to make hash with is in gallons.

Comment

3.5 gallon black hydroponic bucket with a gamma screw lids. Will hold a whole plant in one bucket up to 2lbs, no more breaking glass, mixing up jars or labeling a bunch, stackable stir and burp is a breeze and keeps for years with proper technique. Cost about 20$ each

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230819_160331.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.62 MB ID:	602512
        Space for Rent.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL only you Mr.furley

• 90Gizmo
          90Gizmo commented
          Editing a comment
          No more. Well, I guess it depends on the rounds. But I would think thousands of 223.

• Mr.furley
          Mr.furley commented
          Editing a comment
          90Gizmo 50 cal, we got "brown bear" 223 going piss em off 😂😂😂
          Last edited by Mr.furley; 08-19-2023, 09:36 PM.

Gurley knows what's up. Haven't seen 3.5 gal buckets before. I think they're the same lids just shorter buckets. Imma show off mine too 😜
        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230819_191025.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	602524

Comment

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          Smallgrow I think he's playing the soy sauce market, figuring they'll
          be a shortage like Sriracha. He'll make a killing buying low selling high

• Ckbrew
          Ckbrew commented
          Editing a comment
          Are those regular H cheapo buckets with a what kind of lid, from cheapo?

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          Ckbrew those are regular buckets with a gamma seal

I use these one gallon mylar bags from Amazon. Light proof, reusable, they don't break and less than a dollar USD each.
        Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
        Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
        Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Mr.furley to be fair I do use half gallon jars too. Just to be able to grab an ounce or two and not open the buckets constantly. Right now I have 12 half gal jars full ready to pack. I fill half ounce ziplocks and them vacuum seal for transportation. Move around 20 at the time

Name:	IMG_20230819_220754.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	602542

Comment

I only use the quart jars for the first 6 months or so then will put them in 3/4 jars.

For travel I use small glass jars of any garden variety or vacuum sealed bags if flying.

Name:	16925865410561283858342577377015.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	2.97 MB
ID:	602598
            Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
            Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in each. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
            Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones
            Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 2 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower stretch over sativa x in flower room.
            Medium: Coco/perlite, mix of 13gal & 7.2gal pots, no drains
            Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD (harrvested dry 22oz), 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa x, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem in veg cupboards & 3x WW x SD & 2 OZ x SD in Aeroponics bucket.
            Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.

Comment

That is way too much weed for me. I have 18 1 qt. jars which hold a little over a oz. each. If I fill them up, that is more weed then I smoke in a year.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X