Need carbon filter advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need carbon filter advice

In my 3x3 tent I have a 412 cfm inline fan. I made my own filter and now that my girls are in week 7 of flower it's obvious that it's not up to the job.
    I can smell them when I walk up to door and if I can smell em I'm sure the mail man can too, so my situation needs fixed asap.
    Do the pre made filters really eliminate all odor? Any advice is appreciated.

Phresh filters are the best I have used, and currently use. I use a cheap carbon filter for my outside exhaust fan and use the Phresh to tilter inside air.
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

Amazon 1 day shipping if your a prime member

I'm thankful for this "growing" community and for this plant!

Romans 10:9, 10 Jesus is Lord!

Comment

• fozzy
        fozzy commented
        Editing a comment
        I tried to use the link from the GWE website.

I run a 6" in both flower tents and a 6" in the veg room. You can't tell if you're standing IN the room, let alone outside the room. They work incredibly well.

Comment

Do they require that u replace the whole unit or can u buy new carbon for them when they stop working?

Comment

• NebulaHaze
          NebulaHaze commented
          Editing a comment
          You need to buy a new unit when the carbon filter stops working, but usually you can make them last a little longer by flipping them around and giving them a good hard shake (as long as it can be installed both ways). I've found a carbon filter seems to easily last four grows without a whiff of smell leaving the tent

However, just curious, is there a direct line after the carbon filter to the window? If there's any hole or split in the ducting after the air gets pushed through the carbon filter, smells can leak in through those spots, and smells will escape along with the rest of the vented air. For a carbon filter properly, there needs to be suction in the tent (so smells don't leak into the house), and a straight line from filter to window (so smells don't leak outside). I hope that helps!

• Joker
          Joker commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Nebula, my 412 cfm fan keeps the sides of my 3x3 tent sucked in. The set up is in the basement and the tent just vents into the basement.

Phresh filter is what I have used for 3 grows. Only connect when in flower and has worked very well.
        DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
        315 LEC
        6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
        6" Carbon filter
        3- 6" fans
        humidifier
        temp and humidity gauge
        5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
        FF trio nutrients

Comment

I use a 6in inline fan and made my a diy filter but I went with a pretty big one so I felt sure it would do the job and it does. It's probably 10 or 12 inches long and about as big around as a coffee can. I used what was lying around in our barn-wrapped window screen around wire in a round(cylinder) shape and covered the ends with cheap air conditioner filter-the blue kind that you can cut-and taped it to my fan. It vents out of a window and you can stand right outside of it and smell nothing. i used 2 8oz. containers of charcoal for fish tanks from Walmart. A little Redneck Ingenuity but hey, I have $12 in it so...

Comment

• Joker
            Joker commented
            Editing a comment
            The one I made is basically same as yours, same cut to fit carbon filter buy I never thought to fill it with charcoal.

• OzBud
            OzBud commented
            Editing a comment
            the charcoal is what cleans the smell out of the air. Without it you're just removing bits of dust and crap out of the air

• rwdyredhead
            rwdyredhead commented
            Editing a comment
            Make sure you use one of those cheap cut to fit filters with no cracks around the edges so small bits charcoal don't get sucked into your fan. It's really simple and there are lots of different ideas online if you want to see some different options.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X