Light me up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light me up

I was wondering if anybody would care to talk about the Spider Farmer lights, lay it on me as I am ready to purchase a new light for my 4X4

SF7000 will work fine in a tent. The SE7000 will work better.
    Same spectrum more even spread with the SE but more coin. SE will be better if you are quite limited re available height.

👍
    Edit. The spiderfarmers are a little light on in the far red (660nm) department and don't have IR (730nm). I run additional supplemental reds to counter this during flower....not wanted during veg though.
    CORRECTION. The new SF7000 does have IR730nm diodes and a better red spectrum for flowering. Mine are 7 months old and don't. Spiderfarmer are always improving their lights but no way to really differentiate them as they keep the same model nu.bers.
    Last edited by Bluey; 07-19-2023, 05:34 AM.
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

Comment

I use a SF 4000 in a 5x5. It does a fine job and is reasonably priced. You could go bigger if your budget allowed. General rule of thumb- the light should be at least 50% of budget, more if you want to spend it. I also have a SF 2000 for the 4x4 veg tent. It is an older model with only an internal dimmer, PITA but is great for seedlings, starters and veg out. I have used the 2000 for bloom but it is evident that it is under powered for that. There are many cheap, copy lights out there, be careful what you buy. These are the only lights I am familiar with so it is difficult to make a comparison, but I am satisfied with what they do.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Spider farmer currently have a sale on. Free shipping if your in the US..
        Additionally there are lots of discount codes you can use to get more off of their current sales price.
        Link below is for the new SF7000 but the SF4000 will also work in a 4x4 as Ckbrew has pointed out.
        2023 Newest Version Spider Farmer SF7000 full spectrum LED grow light is a highly efficient replacement for 1000w HPS. With 650w, features Samsung LM301B chips.
        Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
        Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
        Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
        Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
        Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
        Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
        Last Grow: A mix

Comment

I had a friend who used them in a small bathroom grow room: they were hot as hell.
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            They are relatively cool after 1 hr of running flat out in a ventilated test using thermal cameras. The hottest part of the driver was coming in at 112⁰F and the panel hot spots around 113⁰F which was a bit lower than comparable lights of the same power.
            Do the research. Plenty of reviews and the cards are long enough to put the driver outside of the room.

Can't comment as i use Viparspectra
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I run two spider farmer lights - cant remember the exact models off the top of my head but one is 2x4 and the other is 3x3. 200w and 300w I think? Anyway they have been great lights and I really don't have any complaints. Moving the driver outside the tent is a game changer.

Comment

I have a SF4000 in my 4x4 tent. I have a 10" fan running 24/7. During lights off it keeps the air moving and when the lights are on it keeps the ballast cool. (I keep my tent open when the lights are on.)

Comment

• alottabaloo
                alottabaloo commented
                Editing a comment
                Jeez brothers. I just take it outside and with Sun and Water I get fuc%ing awesome stuff. Sorry cuz Sumtimes That ain't possible

I use a SE3000. Its a great light and is doing well for me. It fits perfectly in my tent. I believe the new model is SG3000. Don't buy more wattage than your plants will be able to use. If your light is too powerful, you will have to dim it down so you are paying for a larger light when a smaller one will do as well.
              Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 White Widow, 2 Critical Super Silver Haze
              5 gallon cloth pots
              30"x30"x60" tent
              Spider Farmer SE3000
              Coco Pearlite mix
              GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X