Triggered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Triggered

I went out today to do a little garden maintenance and was kinda shocked to see my Freaks and GSC's were beginning to flower. Typically flowering doesn't start here in So. Cal until the first or second week of August. No signs yet from the Purple Punch or Vanilla Frosting. (My grow sounds like a damned candy store marquee.) The shock for me is that I'm still looking at over 14 hours of light per day. The longest day was June 21 so in less than 10 days they've been triggered by basically 3 minutes less light per day. We had some serious May Gray and June gloom and now are heading into a rather nasty heat wave. My fear is that they might go into re-veg. Anyone have any thoughts about what is going on or what may happen?

Here is one of my photoperiod plants, already took a few buds as they were in the window and wet weather moving in. I was afraid of reveg until the days started growing shorter, another week or 3 and I'll take more buds leaving the undergrowth to expand. My fear is bud rot with the hot wet weather coming now. I have one other that is also flowering and 3 that show only preflowers. This is Berryfreak x Santa Marta Colombian Gold, I have no idea as to why she is flowering early. I'll take the staggered harvest!

Comment

My Strawberry Cough started about a week ago. I think there's some swelling in there... It's a new-to-me strain and my first photo so I don't know what's normal for it.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by 90Gizmo; 07-12-2023, 09:40 AM. Reason: Added picture.
      Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
      Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
      Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Hmmm none of my outdoor are showing budlets preflower yes but no buds.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

The dimming is effecting plant growth, even tree colors.... on the other hand Tiger Lillys usually bloom here in spring but have since shifted to mid or late June....but winter / frost still comes on schedule...Growing season is shorter..I.M.O...I am in the great lake region, which has turned into some kind of weather anomaly target.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Cause of the fires? Yes it's can be like a nightmare that never ends until fall rains and hopefully heavy ones for poor Canada

• changeofpace2014
            changeofpace2014 commented
            Editing a comment
            Fire smoke and all the dam chem trails that one can watch develop....Amazing why some plains com trail spreads out for miles and others just dissipate over a very short period of time...look up geoengineering... Hell just watch your perinatal plants.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X