Resurrection attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resurrection attempt

Got way too distracted doing my last harvest as well as work, and a teething little one and the drama that comes with that and forgot all about tending my nursery tent, when I finally clicked the poor girls were clinging to life by a thread 🀦🏻
    Both the vegging plants looked like that, and the little reveg I had going with the intention of a clone source was mega wilted and super depressed looking.
    Not to be deterred by this setback, I decided to try nurse them enough to get some viable clones and start from there.
    Gave them a good water, then the next day the vegging two a thorough haircut and multiple amputations, left the reveg as she still looked reasonably alive although still wilted. Followed up in the next few days with plain water and some minor lst to give the surviving growth tips the best chance at maximum light, and then started light feeding again.

The last two pics are 8 days since the surgery, and the two vegging girls are recovering remarkably well! The reveg didn't pull through unfortunately, but now I'm gonna grow them out a bit, take the side branches as clones and flower the mains.

It amazes me how resilient they can be!
    2.5x2.5x6' tent
    2x 55w COB veg, 400w HPS flower
    Coco/perlite with mycorrhizal mix in fabric bags
    2-part base nutes + veg/bloom boosts, bud boost, calmag
    Carbon filter/exhaust, 6" oscillating fan, usb static fan
    Gear and controllers for heat/humitidy used as needed

Strain unknown

Fella i remember those " life vs no time days " we'd only grow during summer outdoors never learned indoor growing did'nt have time with work, kids and house. Yep thank goodness for LED and how resilient these photoperiods can be. Heck yes veg that ugly gal out she'll throw some stems and clone her.

Comment

Well I think it's safe to say I nursed em back to health πŸ€™πŸΌ Got a half dozen rooted cuttings from them as well. Gonna flip em in the next couple of days, looking like I might even get a half decent harvest! 🀞🏼😁🀞🏼
      Last edited by transcend; 08-23-2023, 03:18 AM.
      2.5x2.5x6' tent

Strain unknown

Comment

• transcend
        transcend commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha thanks Bluey, a whole new take on a 'cannabis clinic' πŸ˜†

Wasn't much to it dirtymike, I just clipped all the dead/dying material off and kept the few healthy bits. Then a good bit of LST, and a couple of days flushing. Watched for the healthy bits to get some new growth then started light feeding for a week or so before ramping up the nutes πŸ€™πŸΌ

Thanks SoOrbudgal 😊

• dirtymike
        dirtymike commented
        Editing a comment
        Well you did something. I wouldn't attempted it until now. Seeing how resilient your Cannabis plants are i am amazed. Didn't think they were that tough.

• Smallgrow
        Smallgrow commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice rescue job.

Just finished third week of flower (since flip) and gave the ladies their day 21 haircut. I'm pretty happy with how they're looking, should've done a bit more training but I can spread em with an elastic net if things get too cramped or top-heavy.
      2.5x2.5x6' tent

Strain unknown

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X