Jars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jars

As a first-time grower (autobuds) I am wondering what 'jarring: means. Sorry to be so dumb

Well after I hang my plants for several days and they get all trimmed I place them into glass jars with canning lids. Not stuffed just loosly left space near top then " burp " jars open and close them feel the buds till they get kinda dry. It's a process of letting gas escape, mositure takes a couple weeks doing it 4x a day first week I do then i check them each day till i literally touch them so no mold forms. It's a learning thing if you choose to use jars. Lots of reading can be found about it.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Farmbuck
      Farmbuck commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here my western friend ! Guess what SoOrbudgal ? My Kali China survived our major outage. She's is giving me a good harvest for the punishment she endured, at least 4 ounces dry.

Thanks, SoOrbudgal. That sounds good to me. Does that also reduce the smell issue?

Comment

Hi,
    Thank you for explaining things to me. As a newby, I am unsure as to the state of my plant. It has been about 8 weeks but it seems to be very open and not like the photos I see where the plants are very bushy. The plant seems to be making more buds but not really expanding them. Can someone check out my photo and give an opinion, please? Thanks in advance

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Light too high, light needs to be stronger, better quality spectrum, too small a pot...something along those lines

Thanks, Bluey. I turned the light to blue to get a better photo but it is under a grow light set on bloom - red. I did think that the pot was a bit small. I am not sure about repotting at this stage though. Do you think the buds are ok or a bit small?
    Thanks for your kind help

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      What light are you using? What height?

• finders
      finders commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      NAILGIRLS LED Plant Grow Light Full Spectrum, 1000W Dual Switch Veg/Bloom Daisy Chain Plant Grow Heat Lamp with Temperature Hygrometer for Indoor Plan. I keep it about 24 inches above the plant.

Hey instead of trying to use old school jars for curing why not jump into the future and use the GROVE bags.....I have been using them for 3 years now and they really are a game changer.....no need to burp and easier storage too....just something to consider .....have a great smoke session today TGIF!

Comment

• Smallgrow
      Smallgrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, I agree with Bluey about the cost an sustainability of the bags.
      I see all the production growers using them so I’m sure they work well, and I picked up a couple to test out but I don’t plan on leaving my jars.
      Another point is as a home grower I have long term storage in mind and I like that the buds don’t get crushed in the jars over time and handling

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Production growers using them for point of sale packaging?

They would be paying 10 to 20% of the price on the retail website.

Jars stack better and look cooler in photos too. What are the RH parameters achieved in the bags under what conditions and is there an independent lab report on testing this?

• Smallgrow
      Smallgrow commented
      Editing a comment
      the growers use them for bulk storage/cure not retail. I’d imagine the glass is also a problem in a big operation due to breakage.

I think Grove states 58-62% in their bags , don’t know about lab results

As I say I like my glass , but whatever works best for people is what’s right for them

yes the jars are cheaper and I don't seem to have an issue with crushing my buds in the bags but for me the cure that comes from the bags is a better one than what I could achieve in the jars....cost me more but I like the results.....

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      You're doing the jars wrong if that's the case, subjective anyway.

Let's see the lab results.

you can check out the many YOUTUBE videos on it ......

Comment

• Bluey
      Bluey commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice advertisement

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X