Flowering Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Flowering Help

Hello, this is my first grow. I'm using the SF1000 LED board, keeping it at the recommended hanging distance.
    I'm growing 2 plants, both Northern Lights. They're in around week 3 of the flowering stage. I've tried a manifold technique, and all seemed to be going very well.
    The plants are now looking very different to each other, and I would really appreciate any recommendations on what I should be doing Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0133.jpg Views:	66 Size:	2.98 MB ID:	597635
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0134.jpg Views:	66 Size:	2.84 MB ID:	597636
    Last edited by oliveshore; 06-14-2023, 12:47 PM.

Nothing wrong that i see what do you see?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

One is defoiled the other isn't as much, The leaves are grabbing a lot of nutes. Looking good though
      Last edited by LemonBud; 06-13-2023, 02:18 PM.
      1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
      1 sf2000 @200 watts
      2 philzon @230 watts
      2x4x5 tent
      3x6x8 closet
      Fox Farm ocean forest
      Black gold for seedling
      3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
      RH 40-60
      Temp 70-80
      Feeding with FF trio with molasses
      calmag and a little flower fuel
      Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

I don't know northern lights but I think it's a little early for the big fan leaves turning. Did you go cold turkey on the grow nutes when switching to bloom nutes? Mine used to yellow before I blended flowers and bloom for the first two weeks. Maybe they need some nitrogen. When I'm unsure, I flush them and give them Cal-Mag.
        Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
        Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
        Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Here's my thoughts...

- While it's too late to go back now, as a first time grower, you chose a very difficult training method. There's a reason that manifolding is considered a more advanced technique and you're experiencing in real time why that is. Manifolding requires a lot of high stress training and that means a lot of opportunities for things to go wrong. When you stress your plant via training, especially when it is high stress, it is essential that all of your other factors are perfectly dialed in like temps/humidity/watering/ventilation/circulation/lighting/nutrients/etc. We don't say that manifolding is an advanced technique just to keep the rewards to ourselves, we tell new growers that for a reason....to save them the heartache and difficulties you're experiencing. My advice for your next grow: do some low stress training that is minimal. Maybe just top the plant once and work with tying the branches down, etc. This will allow you to learn how the plant grows, how it reacts to different inputs, etc. with fewer variables. It will also help you make sure you have your environment perfectly dialed in.

- Next: those buds don't look like Week 3 of flower and I say that for several reasons. 1) your buds are way fatter than they would be at 3 weeks of flower. 2) many of the pistils are orange/amber and starting to curl in. 3) Northern Lights tend to take 8+ weeks of flower time. And 4) the look of the plant is 'fading' which is what usually happens a couple of weeks before harvest time. Additionally, your buds have lots of sugar on their sugar leaves and unless you have some sort of magic power, it's extremely unusual to see that many trichomes at 3 weeks of flower. Now, it's not impossible that you're at week 3, however it's improbable.

- If you are indeed at week 3, then you're going to have a very difficult time getting to harvest. You're going to have to nurse them along with careful watering and as previous posters have mentioned, maybe some nitrogen but be cautious with doing anything sudden or extreme to them.

- I just realized, you might be counting weeks of flower from the time you saw the first buds? That could explain the look of the plant (the fading colors), the amber pistils, and all the trichomes as that would put you around week 5 or 6 from the flip to 12/12 lighting. If this is the case, then pat yourself on the back, you've done a great job and you should look at the trichomes under a loupe to see if they're cloudy to see how close you are to harvest. If you are in week 5 or 6, your plants are doing exactly what they should be doing.

- Lastly, defoliation is also pretty high stress. One plant does look like it was defoliated more than the other. I grow organic and I'm a proponent of light defoliation in organic grows and from what I understand with synthetic grows, you can be pretty aggressive. Just make sure not to go too crazy all at once as you can always take more leaves off but you can't put them back on. You also will need to be attentive to when you remove the leaves as removing them too early or too late can impact the health of the plant as well as your harvest.

Overall, I think you're not at week 3 and you're closer to week 5 or 6. If that's the case, you have nothing to worry about, just enjoy the final stages of your plants and look forward to a bountiful harvest! They look great for that stage! If you are certain you're at week 3, you're going to have to baby them for the next month+ to get them to harvest. Keep an eye on the trichomes as many other factors that indicate harvest are showing that they're getting close to being ready for the chop.

Keep us posted!
          Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
          Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

• oliveshore
            oliveshore commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello, thanks very much for your detailed response!
            I've taken a look back, and I switched to a 12 - 12 schedule 14/04, so you were definitely right in thinking I was going off when I first saw buds. Oops.
            I did a manifold technique as I have quite the short grow space (90cm). I think next time I shall follow your advice and do some simpler LST training to keep them low, and perhaps less time in the veg stage.

I will update with some more pics as I progress!

I'm with AGH. These are two to three weeks to harvest.
          Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 White Widow, 2 Critical Super Silver Haze
          5 gallon cloth pots
          30"x30"x60" tent
          Spider Farmer SE3000
          Coco Pearlite mix
          GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Would it be good to defoliate the more full plant to allow some of the lower buds light?

Comment

Those buds look great but you do have a mild nute deficiency....If I were you I'd just increase the nute mix a little and keep it going as you are. Good job.
              Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
              Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
              Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
              Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
              Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
              Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
              Last Grow: A mix

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X