Bud smell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bud smell

Hi all, I have a question about carbon filters…just bought a cloud line T4 as a newbie…I can’t help thinking there is anyway to get rid of the smell of fresh buds. Do carbon filters actually work, or has anyone got any tips on getting rid of the smell..

TIA
    HDK

I've never been able to totally rid the smell until they are jarred. But i don't mind it, my family or friends know about it. I don't know how i'd handle it if it was not legal to grow in my state. I got neighbors now who know i grow it. I just don't advertise it. Shoot i walk the streets with the dogs and i can smell it growing all over our town. Cops here are more concerned with real crimes than having a few MJ plants growing.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• LemonBud
      LemonBud commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree. The authorities are not going to spend 50 thousand dollars on a plant or 2 . I grow and my son can smell it when he comes over. Knock on wood.

I have a knock off 6" fan/filter in my grow and it has zero output odors. I think it's a vivosun brand but I'm not sure (amazon buy). I have enough smell in the tent to make many people happy so I am shocked how well it works. I'm about 2 weeks from harvest and when I open the tent I smile. So does my big nose.

Comment

I have AC Infinity 6" exhaust fans and carbon filters in both my tents and can't smell anything with tents closed. Even when friends come over they can't smell it so I know it's not just that I'm used to it. When I open the tents the whole house reeks in seconds. Very happy with AC Infinity fans and filters

Comment

Ozone generating air purifiers work too.

Comment

Yes, carbon filters do work to eliminate or greatly reduce odors. I have one and it has made an extraordinary difference. Brand is not important, just buy a good one not a $50.00 cheapie. Odor reducers such as Febreze will not help.
          Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
          5 gallon cloth pots
          30"x30"x60" tent
          Spider Farmer SE3000
          Coco Pearlite mix
          GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Also carbon filters become less efficient over time and it becomes harder to push air through them making the fan work harder. The general recommendation is to replace the filter every year but I have one that's been going for at least 18 months and still going strong.

Comment

I love this forum. Thank you to all. Just about to start 3 blueberry matics with an Ac infinity set up, looking forward to getting going

Comment

I use AC Infinity equipment. I have a 4” and 6” fan. Both have charcoal filters and both work great. My tents vent into the lung room. The only odor I haven’t totally eliminated is right outside the lung room door, where you have to be in the right position to smell it, but even there the odor is very feint. Probably from the return air but other than that, nothing, nada.
                Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
                Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
                Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

My room is sealed pretty well and I get a 5% air changeover via the air-conditioning. I can smell it inside the house but not too bad except if I leave the door open in the grow room.

Incense and wax melts work well to mask it.

Carbon filter life depends mostly on RH%. The higher the RH the less life you'll get out of them. I have a brand new 10" sitting here unused with a 10" silenced fan still new in its packaging....what to do.
                  Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
                  Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
                  Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
                  Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
                  Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
                  Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Absolutely. My house would be a stink show right about now without one. All good if the tent is closed. One thing to keep in mind though, make sure your carbon filter is capable of handling the fan output CFM rating. A filter with a lower CFM rating than the fan CFM output just cant cope with the extra airflow so it will blow right thru it.. Im in the same boat Bluey, have a very large new filter waiting to be installed..its a pain in the ass to get at at the moment.
                    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
                    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
                    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
                    Canna Coco/perlite
                    General Hydroponics Flora Series
                    Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
                    Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
                    Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

• Bluey
                      Bluey commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don't need either as I opted for the AC/dehumidifier/ humidifier route and now fully Climate controlled in a room that's about 98% sealed......but I need about a 50% bigger AC than my current one for my lights and dehumidifier setup in late flower.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X