Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low EC in run off

Hello,
    Just wondering if anyone has run into this before. I’m in the second week of flower (mimosa shot), my nutrient mix is at 1.1EC yet the run off is 0.9. pH us between 5.7 and 6.1 on any given day. Growing in coco/perlite watering by hand. The other mimosa shot’s are having the same white tip issues but the run off is around 1.1 EC at the moment. Using Flora Series by General Hydroponics in early bloom. Any input would be appreciated. I’ve looked on line at a few different sites such as THC farmer but get conflicting answers…Thanks!

I'd be upping the EC at that stage. I'm not familiar with growing that strain but white tips indicate a deficiency. I'd also up your pH depending on a few things. What is your pH of the nute mix?
    Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
    Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
    Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
    Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

What kind of water do you use? Do you account for what's in it before you add the nutes? I use tap water that consistently stays at .34EC before I add nutes. Just a thought for you. 1.1 EC might be kinda low. I think your PH is good. Is that the range for your nutrient solution or the runoff? I think Nebula has a feed schedule for the flora series over on the GWE site. Check it out.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Just a little tidbit - a little bit of tip burn isn't always a bad thing. Many growers would suggest that a touch of tip burn actually means that you're pushing them the right amount. Others would say that if there is any tip burn, you're pushing them too hard. My suggestion would be if that's the only thing you see as a 'problem' in your grow and it's not spreading, leave it be. Watching and waiting is often the most beneficial course.
        Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
        Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone. The water is filtered (EC 0), the pH range I listed is for the nutrient mix. That is interesting about upping the strength of the mix, that was on my mind too. I’ve always read that yellow tips are a sign of nutrient burn, either from the mix is too strong or the water has transpired leaving an excessive accumulation of salts which negates checking the pH of the run off (because it will be high and out of spec). The tips of the Mimosa’s are white, not yellow and I haven’t found any references regarding white tips regarding nutrient deficiencies. I haven’t heard of the possibility of too few nutrients. Thanks again you guys for the help! Apart from the white tips and lower EC in the run off the plants are all looking very vibrant and healthy.

Comment

• Bluey
            Bluey commented
            Editing a comment
            Your plants in flower so I wouldn't let the pH go below 6 in coco...6.2 to 6.3 is probably ideal. An EC of 1.1 is very low in early flower. Id be looking for 1.4 to 1.6 and raising it a bit until the last couple of weeks.. the seed supplier should be able to give you some numbers on that.
            Brown tips are nute burn...ive never seen them go from yellow to white to brown....whitish yellowish tips is a deficiency but I can't remember which

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X