Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question About Yield

Hello all!
    I am new to growing and have questions about approximate yields. I currently have three plants going and have no idea what to expect from their dry weight yield. They aren’t anything fancy (bag seeds). So, what have you fine people experienced? What is typical yield from a single plant? Thanks to anyone who has any info they’d like to share.

Btw I have a 500w LED going and they are in soil.

On the average with LST, I say 3 ozs. dry. But that is with good generic seeds. I have a SF4000 LED.

Comment

• Ironicpastry
      Ironicpastry commented
      Editing a comment
      Alright good to know. Thanks!

Hey Ironicpastry i got 2 really healthy growing bag seed of unknown sex they are outdoors won't know sex now for awhile with mine but i got 5 females out there with them so do keep an eye on the plants once you switch the light to bloom mode on 12/12 should show sex by 2wks usually. Good luck, hope your light is a true 500watt draw from the wall if not you'll get weak yields.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Ironicpastry
      Ironicpastry commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the tip. They are actually already a 3 1/2 weeks into 12/12. All three were female (I got lucky). I’ll look into my light and see. It’s not new I’ve used it for growing pepper and veggie starts in the past.

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      That's great news man you are lucky i sure hope my 2 outdoor show hair at some point if not i got backup fems for sure. Have fun

Welcome to our Club. Growing is a fabulous hobby and it's easy to get sucked in. Hope to hear from you often.
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• Ironicpastry
      Ironicpastry commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks I am excited/nervous/overwhelmed. There is so much to learn.

I'm kind of lazy - I run two flowering plant's at a time - one in each tent. I don't do much training (hence the laziness), instead I just let them grow. Yield can vary by strain of course - but on average I get about 8-10 oz per plant. The lowest I had was 5oz and highest was 14oz.

The real number though is grams per square inch - which I'm too lazy to calculate lol. Some of the growers in here have amazing training skills and are able to produce much more g/inch/foot whatever than I do.

Comment

Cart before the horse. Learn the art of growing before you push for maximum yield. You are in the right place to learn.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Ironicpastry
        Ironicpastry commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I understand what you are saying and I am reading as fast and I’m depth as I can. My question was less about me trying to get the biggest yield, more about having no frame of reference. I have these three plants and have no idea what to expect. Thanks for your time.

• golfnrl
        golfnrl commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Ironicpastry Welcome aboard. You can expect about 4oz per plant. Looking back, my first grow, didn't do things correctly and it wasn't much but at the time I was excited that I grew weed that looked somewhat like it was supposed to, and bonus, it did get me really high. I have since learned that my excitement was premature. Even though I smoked on that first harvest for a year and it got better as it cured out, It doesn't compare to the harvests I have been getting since i changed over to my current grow method and following the grow advice from GWE and the growers on this forum. I have no doubt that you will have a similar experience. We want to know all about your grow. Don't spare any details. Lights, light schedule, nutrients, feeding practices/schedule, grow medium, RH, PH, PPM or EC, watering practices, grow space, etc. Where do you grow? I have two tents in a spare bedroom at my place. Take a look at some of the signatures of the posters on here and you'll get a better idea of what I am referring to.

I had 4 plants, results in my signiture
      Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
      Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
      Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X