Flowering period

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Flowering period

Hi all, this my first grow and its a local sativa. Can any one tell how much longer will it take to flower. Cheers ❤️

12 to 14 weeks is not uncommon for Sativa grows..

Comment

Thank you for the info 🙂

Comment

Yes i agree with the above comment.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

If I understand your question correctly, you're asking when it will start flowering as opposed to how long it will be in the flowering stage before it's ready to harvest?

Cannabis plants (photoperiod ones) start flowering when they receive 12 or more hours of uninterrupted darkness. (If they're autoflowers, they start flowering on their own regardless of light cycles, usually after several weeks of entering vegetative stage.) Once that happens, they'll change from the vegetative stage to the flowering stage. It looks like you're doing an outdoor grow so when your days start being shorter than your nights is when they'll flower. If it's indoor, the grower gets to decide when to start the 12/12 light cycle. Once they start flowering, as others have mentioned, it can take anywhere from 8-12+ weeks before they're ready for harvest.

Have fun!
          Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
          Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

Originally posted by AGH View Post
            If I understand your question correctly, you're asking when it will start flowering as opposed to how long it will be in the flowering stage before it's ready to harvest?

Cannabis plants (photoperiod ones) start flowering when they receive 12 or more hours of uninterrupted darkness. (If they're autoflowers, they start flowering on their own regardless of light cycles, usually after several weeks of entering vegetative stage.) Once that happens, they'll change from the vegetative stage to the flowering stage. It looks like you're doing an outdoor grow so when your days start being shorter than your nights is when they'll flower. If it's indoor, the grower gets to decide when to start the 12/12 light cycle. Once they start flowering, as others have mentioned, it can take anywhere from 8-12+ weeks before they're ready for harvest.

Have fun!
            Yes, thats exactly what i said. I live in india so naturally our light cycle is almost around 12/12. So will my plant automatically enter flowering stage or will i have to keep the plant covered to reduce the light.
            Thanks ❤️

Comment

• changeofpace2014
              changeofpace2014 commented
              Editing a comment
              No plants flower some what differently when grown outside verse plants grown inside under artificial light. Indoor yes 12 / 12 is required to force flowering..Example in Ontario Canada 1st week of August the days are still longer then 12 hrs of visible sun light, actually on Aug 7 2022 (Visible daylight is 14 1/2 hr) but most of the time, my out door cannabis will start to flower.

• AGH
              AGH commented
              Editing a comment
              You won't have to keep the plants covered. It's complete darkness, so 'shade' won't start them flowering.

Also, fun to have a grower from India on the forums! Glad to have you with us!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X