Roots Organic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roots Organic

I've finally made my decision to try a new soil for my next grow ( Blue Dream) I gave my Gorilla Glue seedlings to a friend.

When I first started growing, about 7 years ago, I used Ocean Forest/Happy Frog mix. Then I moved up to coast of Maine Stonington Blend.

I want to try something different and have decided on roots Organic 707. Is it true that no necessary nutes in veg except maybe some cal mag in every other or every third watering?

If anyone has any tips or secrets for roots organic please share.
    Thanks

I have never used Roots Organics 707, but I have been using Roots Organics Original for about 10 years and you do have to use Nutes during vegging. I have never needed to use Cal-Mag. Before that, I also used Ocean Forrest. I stopped using it because I kept getting Spider Mites. It hasn't happened since I started using Roots Organics. Good luck with your next grow.

Comment

Hello! Like kingfish, I haven't used their 707, but I've used their Organics Original for two grows so far and one of them was Blue Dream!

I grow organic, and when cooking the soil, I amended with Earth Dust Base (no longer being made, switched to Roots Terp Tea Bloom amendments for flower) and I also added some Nitrogen once during veg and the plants all seem to enjoy that.

Just note, that if you're growing organic (assuming based on the soil you're using and the questions you're asking) you'll want to avoid any synthetic supplements. I have NEVER added calmag to any of my grows and I usually get between 3 and 4 ounces of tasty bud per plant. Any synthetic additives will harm/kill the microbiome you're fostering and in organic grows, it's the microbiome that takes care of the plant. There may be organic sources of calmag, but I've never found any because I've never needed it...one of the benefits of organic grows!

I've been super happy with Roots Organics both their original soil as well as the Terp Tea. I'll be using their veg version of Terp Tea for my next grow since their Bloom worked so well!
      Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
      Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X