Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Unidentified disease in cannabis plant

Hi all,

currently im growing some plants outdoor and suddenly a disease has popped up in two plants. 😕
    its already killing the leaves and I don’t know how to save them. Im very grateful if you can give some advice.

The brown stains in the leaves are the disease

Hey there.
    You have leaf miners making the squigglies which means you have some sort of miner laying bug. About the only things you can do are find and get rid of whatever bugs are laying them, and squishing the little black head at one end of the mine. The black head is the miner.
    You also have some sort of sap sucker leaving the spots. That might be the offending miner layer.
    There are various bugs that lay LM's. Check the underside of your leaves with a magnifying glass or loupe.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeard View Post
      Hey there.
      You have leaf miners making the squigglies which means you have some sort of miner laying bug. About the only things you can do are find and get rid of whatever bugs are laying them, and squishing the little black head at one end of the mine. The black head is the miner.
      You also have some sort of sap sucker leaving the spots. That might be the offending miner layer.
      There are various bugs that lay LM's. Check the underside of your leaves with a magnifying glass or loupe.
      Thank you so much for the information. Can i use any sort of pesticide other than squishing them with hand ?
      cheers 🙂

Comment

Not as far as I know. A general purpose insecticide might be what you need to get rid of the layers. I won't recommend one because I have not used one.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

Howdy Warlock, I have used a foliar spray with Azamax (a neem oil) on bug infestations in the past and it works very well. Some folks do not like to use sprays like that (even though it is 'organically' derived), but if You follow the directions, it is safe to use. It does take a little time to take effect, because it interrupts the growth of the critters.
          Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

I agree with DW2. I had some unidentified pests on my plants. I saturated the plant top to bottom once a week for three weeks including the bottom of the leaves. And it worked. I was in Veg, some members advised me not to use it in flower. For $9 at Walmart might be worth a shot.
            SF 35X47X70 tent
            SF1000 X4
            AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
            AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
            FFOF Soil
            FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
            GH Flora Series
            3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
            Gelato Cake
            Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

Comment

• DW2
              DW2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the information. I have not seen that product before and at $9, the price is great. I've been buying the Azamax at a much higher price.

Any brand of spinosad, and like the neem oil should not be used on flowers. ISO and water 1 part iso to 8 parts water should also do the trick, completely evaporates. Like the spinosad it is a contact killer.

Comment

Thank you all for your advices ❤️

Comment

I saw your post about flowering time and location. Your plant is in a jungle. Even if it's just your yard, you have a lot of other plants that will attract more insects to your weed. You will be chasing bugs your whole grow.
                More elephant!

Coco/perlite
                3x3x6

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X