Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do all cannabis plants show pre-flowers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do all cannabis plants show pre-flowers?

Do all cannabis plants show pre flowers? My current plant is a Peach Puree CBD from Seedsman in Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil using only Fox Farm Kelp Me during veg with R/O water. Fabric 5gallon pot. Color has been good and it grew well but stretched more than I've seen before.. After 10 weeks it had still not shown any pre flowers. After 11 weeks I got tired of waiting and flipped it to 12-12 and Fox Farm Bloom. After 1 1/2 weeks more I started to see pistils and it seems to be developing normally. Is no pre flowers normal? I'm starting to wonder about my CFL lights as they are old and have been used in several grows. I know about Lumen Depreciation so I wonder if that might be the cause of no pre flowers. I'm worried about bud quality if the lights are weak than they used to be. Whattaya think?

Do you have pics?
    SF 35X47X70 tent
    SF1000 X4
    AC Infinity 6 inch exaust fan
    AC Infinity ocillating fan X2
    FFOF Soil
    FF Soil Trio. and CalMag
    GH Flora Series
    3 and 5 gallon fabric pots

Mango Sherbert
    Gelato Cake
    Grape Icecream auto by going2fast

Comment

So your using all CFL during growth an flower? You gotta get into a LED hairyman the big reason i think your plant took so long to begin flowering. Really these new LEDs are the bomb and if you just grow 1-2 plants at a time heck you can get a real good one for less than $100 an a better one for under $150. Simply easy use your timer. But to answer your question all female plants i've ever grown show preflower. I still use CFL but just for my seedlings cause they do great, I like the sun light type spectrum LEDs provide. Good luck
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
        So your using all CFL during growth an flower? You gotta get into a LED hairyman the big reason i think your plant took so long to begin flowering. Really these new LEDs are the bomb and if you just grow 1-2 plants at a time heck you can get a real good one for less than $100 an a better one for under $150. Simply easy use your timer. But to answer your question all female plants i've ever grown show preflower. I still use CFL but just for my seedlings cause they do great, I like the sun light type spectrum LEDs provide. Good luck
        Thanks for the help. I have been for the last several years been using CFL's for Veg and flower with decent flower results. Only this time has there been no obvious pre flowers. That's why I'm thinking it may be my old lights. I might have missed or overlooked the pre flowers too. I'm a senior on limited income so CFL's have always been the affordable route. If I want to continue growing I might t have to go to the next level. I've been thinking about it for awhile. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mollisol View Post
          Do you have pics?
          Sorry no pics. Have you plants always shown pre flowers?

Comment

• Mollisol
            Mollisol commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes they have.

• hairyman
            hairyman commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the assistance. Mine have too until this one.

Hello hairyman You say in your post, (Color has been good and it grew well but stretched more than I've seen before.. After 10 weeks it had still not shown any pre flowers. After 11 weeks I got tired of waiting and flipped it to 12-12 and Fox Farm Bloom. After 1 1/2 weeks more I started to see pistils and it seems to be developing normally). If you dont adjust your lighting schedule you wont see pre flowers until you make the 12/12 light switch, usually around 10-12days after switch. You can veg a plant for years(cloning mother) without ever showing pre-flowers. Autos on the other hand have their own schedule and dont need light adjustment to flower.
          Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
          Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
          6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
          Canna Coco/perlite
          General Hydroponics Flora Series
          Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
          Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
          Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

Homegrown:Thank you for replying. Preflowers have always in the past shown up before my switch to 12-12. That is how I know the plant is ready to flower. On GWE under pre flowers Nebula says they can show 6 weeks after germination as early as 3 weeks. She doesn't say anything about pre flowers only happening after the switch. I guess they can happen then, because they did in this case but they usually come before the switch to 12-12. You can still have a cloning mother with pre flowers. It's a sign of maturity and is not reliant on the switch. sorry to disagree but thanks again for the reply.

Comment

I have found that photoperiod plant that do not show preflower after 8 weeks in veg are typically male.
              You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                This year my first photo to show was a male, yep show me your balls and you get pulled!

• hairyman
                hairyman commented
                Editing a comment
                Don't want to see any balls!

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                Pulled another boy yesterday, no balls allowed.

Some strains don't show preflower but it's not the norm.

+1 Mr.furley

You have a light problem, you need more light....that extra stretch is chasing the light. You are right...get an an LED. Lots of really good and value for money ones out there. 30W/ft² required
              Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
              Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
              Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
              Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 1 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel, 1 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel, All feminised. 1 x sativa, I think, regular, Clones 30th March 5 x Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel fem
              Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
              Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

• hairyman
                hairyman commented
                Editing a comment
                Bluey: You are probably correct. I have to decide if my pleasure or interest in this activity is worth the extra expense. I don't need to grow it, we have 3 weeds stores in town. But it is fun to see the plants develop and to make hash from the result. Thanks for the reply.

• Bluey
                Bluey commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't have to grow it either but it's a hobby I love.

Additionally being able to control the quality throughout its life cycle, especially the dry and cure, which is typically non-existent on black market weed, the cost savings over buying dispensary weed, in the long run it pays for itself over and over.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X