Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much topping is too much topping -- have a height issue!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much topping is too much topping -- have a height issue!

OK figured I'd make this a new post. again, first grow, learning much and making a few mistakes along the way but having a great time. I'm about 12 weeks in from germination, and should have topped much sooner but did not till about 3 weeks ago. first grow! I did again last week, but I'm fearful that with the "flowering stretch" I've read about (thank you) I will run out of room. Should I just cut as low as I need to go now and give it a few weeks to come back? I read somewhere that you can "hedge cut" as much as you like. the plants are very healthy otherwise, and I think I'm ready to start the flowering and go to 12/12, but again I think I'm already too tall and want to start off in the right place. thx!

If you topped it don't you have 2 branches now ? You see the Y that's how a center cola top looks. Bend over the center stalk tie to side of pot. Those side branches will reach up but not nothing crazy.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

You can top multiple times as long as the plants are heathy and have time to recover before you flip to 12/12 flower light schedule.
      You can also bend them over and tie them down like SoOrbudgal suggested
      Dont forget the main GWE site , read up there if you haven’t there is plenty of information on topping and training to limit height. it’s a common problem
      good luck
      KIS mix organic living soil from Black Sallow soils in 7gal. pots
      Black Swallow Organic Bloom mix top dress before flower.
      Reusing soil with Black Swallow nutrient pack between grows
      Maybe some compost teas
      Blumat watering system
      Microbial Mass and other microbial boosters(Wallace)
      3x4x6’ tent
      Photontek 465wpro
      6” AC Infinity outdoor air in and out, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, oscillating fan.
      Inkbird controllers heat/humidity​

Comment

• changeofpace2014
        changeofpace2014 commented
        Editing a comment
        a few pics would be helpful,,,

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X