Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Tips turning white and curl

first time grow
    I don’t know if it’s related but I t started about 3 days ago around the time that something with my humidifier went wrong and I had about 80% humidity for a day.
    I got a new one a fixed the humidity problem, yesterday I tried flushing it and of of them, I put it on 5.7 ph and it turned to 6.8 overnight, and it seems to keep rising over time, and today I tried to low the light level a bit. But it only spreading and getting worse.
    they’re auto flowers about 5 week old, I only fertilized them 25% of the recommended amount. You can see some progress in the picture it start with the tips turning white and than curl up and sometimes there’s some brown marks in the middle of the leaf

We are going to need more info on your grow setup, but I don’t think the high humidity for a day had much to do with their lack of growth or burnt tips. They look hungry and are likely stunted as they should be way farther along at 5 weeks old

Things to post are: grow medium, nutes, light type, distance
    amd timing, ventilation, how often and how much do you water, or further details on your hydro set up. That’ll be enough to get the convo started.

Sorry about your luck here, but try to learn from
    it so you can correct it the next time.

Comment

Looks like a PH issue, tell us about those rocks your growing in.

Comment

Originally posted by bdeegan View Post
        We are going to need more info on your grow setup, but I don’t think the high humidity for a day had much to do with their lack of growth or burnt tips. They look hungry and are likely stunted as they should be way farther along at 5 weeks old

Things to post are: grow medium, nutes, light type, distance
        amd timing, ventilation, how often and how much do you water, or further details on your hydro set up. That’ll be enough to get the convo started.

Sorry about your luck here, but try to learn from
        it so you can correct it the next time.
        It’s a hydro setup 5 gallon with 1 airstone each. I use ac infinity setup, tent is 2 x 4 about 5’7 tall. I use led light I think Iongrid t22, theyre almost as tall as they can be, I changed them last weed from 20 - 4 to 18 - 6 cycle, and I have the cloud line t6 and one ac infinity fan for vent.
        so far I only used canna terra Vega, fox farm root drench and real grower recharge, about 25% of the recommended amount, and I fed them twice so far
        am I missing something? Maybe I was so scared to overfed them so I underfed them?

Comment

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
          Looks like a PH issue, tell us about those rocks your growing in.
          It’s called clay pebbles, I put my seed in rockwool cube and after a week I covered it with the rocks and put it in hydro setup.
          usually I put my ph around 5.7-5.8 but it seems to always go up over time

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            I do not grow in hydro all i can say from these photos is those stones don't seem clean. How close is your light maybe too close.

ronl126 - Your plants look very small for 5 weeks old. Do you know why? It looks to me like they are starving. I don't know diddly about hydro to know why but perhaps it would be interesting to see if they react well to a foliar feed.
          Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
          Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
          Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

As dry as your rocks look, are your roots deep enough to get to the nutrients?
            More elephant!

Coco/perlite
            3x3x6
            Nutes
            CalMag

Comment

5 weeks and you have only fed them at 25% in hydro? thats part of your problem. Ph seems to be another. Hydro has no nutritional value as a medium. The first week you do a weak nutrient solution then start to bump it up to normal levels keeping an eye out for nutrient burn. The lower your ppm the easier it is for the ph of the water to change and water agitation (aka air stones) can change ph of the water if too strong and not high enough ppm to keep the water stable. What water are you using as a base? RO, purified or tap water? Re you adding cal mag? What are you ppm's? unfortunately as an auto at 5 weeks it probably wont get much bigger as it will not have time to get bigger. I recommend either coco or soil and photoperiod plants for beginners as they are more forgiving and allow you to make mistakes without being on a very limited clock.

As far as humidity is concerned, high humidity is only an issue in flower (especially mid to late flower).
              Last edited by Tersky; 04-09-2023, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tersky View Post
                5 weeks and you have only fed them at 25% in hydro? thats part of your problem. Ph seems to be another. Hydro has no nutritional value as a medium. The first week you do a weak nutrient solution then start to bump it up to normal levels keeping an eye out for nutrient burn. The lower your ppm the easier it is for the ph of the water to change and water agitation (aka air stones) can change ph of the water if too strong and not high enough ppm to keep the water stable. What water are you using as a base? RO, purified or tap water? Re you adding cal mag? What are you ppm's? unfortunately as an auto at 5 weeks it probably wont get much bigger as it will not have time to get bigger. I recommend either coco or soil and photoperiod plants for beginners as they are more forgiving and allow you to make mistakes without being on a very limited clock.

As far as humidity is concerned, high humidity is only an issue in flower (especially mid to late flower).
                Thanks, now I understand much more, I problem is combination of what you said. I fed them normal amount and I does seems to stop spreading and I think I see some signs of cal deficiency. I used tap water but I should’ve definitely use a different source, didn’t track ppm, didn’t add anything,beside the low amount of nutrients.
                I understand it is what it is the with auto, but I think I’ll try fix the problems and see what happens, its first time grow so I don’t really care about the yield it’s more to learn, or you think I better start over?

Comment

• Tersky
                  Tersky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's really up to you. If you want to use this as a learning experience i would keep going. As long as you are keeping it alive you can learn something from it. I have definitely killed my fair share of plants, especially in my first year or two growing. I know of too many beginners who expect to grow dense high quality buds on the first time and get frustrated when they dont. If learning is your objective right now (which is great btw) then keep at it. Experience is the difference between good bud and great bud!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X