X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mice and rats?

I have a mouse in my grow room.
    Do they like buds?
    Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
    Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
    Aeroponics Low Pressure Bucket: 20W LED. 5 clones & 20W LED 11 clones
    Lights: Mars Hydro FC-E1200W, SF-7000, SF-2000 evo in flower room.
    Medium: Coco/perlite, 7.2gal pots, no drains
    Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.
    Last Grow: A mix

LOL
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

IDK...maybe decarb some and 'infuse' into some peanut butter...they might like it.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11" HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite
      Autopot system
      : Malawai 100% Sativa Ace Seeds x 2
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: Purple Haze/Malawi x 3/Ace Seeds Purple Haze x 1 ILGM
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• changeofpace2014
        changeofpace2014 commented
        Editing a comment
        at the very least you should find that mouse curled up on the floor some where after he eats one of your fire crackers....Hell you should have a 8 hr window to find him....

They piss everywhere and are great climbers which is not a good combination for my buds....sorry little scoundrel but you cannot stay....
      Flower Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting and climate automated. Hand watering.
      Veg Cupboards: ​​​​​​Two 4x2x6H cupboards. SF2000 Evo in one SF7000 in other. Climate controlled and automated. Hand watering
      Current Grow: ​​​5 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel in flower room, 3 Franklin's White Widow x Sour Diesel Clones, 13 x Orange ZkittleZ x Sour Diesel clones in Aeroponics buckets x 2.

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not to mention, all of the other pesky critters and mold spores that can come into the grow area on them! A nonpoisonous method to keep them out is to find the hole(s) where they are getting in and stuff the holes (and gaps, a mouse can get through a gap the size of a pencil!) with steel wool, they will not even try to eat through it.
        Last edited by DW2; 04-02-2023, 01:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1417.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	592798 Just hold the high ground !

Comment

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol. I've put some special food in the room

I was also thinking they might get a little buzz from the infused PB right before the trap snapped their little necks...but that sounded a little harsh.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11" HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite
      Autopot system
      : Malawai 100% Sativa Ace Seeds x 2
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: Purple Haze/Malawi x 3/Ace Seeds Purple Haze x 1 ILGM
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Originally posted by Bluey View Post
        I have a mouse in my grow room.
        Do they like buds?
        They like plastic coated electrical wires much more.

UK Fire Service have said that 75% of 'Fires of unknown origin' are actually, most likely, due to rodent activity. How's That for a buzz kill?
        Older bloke. Eire. Chatty as all fuck.

Gearing up to grow Northern Lights Auto by DWC + Dribbler, with a " Spider Farmer Grow Tent Kit Complete SF-1000 Dimmable Full Spectrum LED Grow Light Samsung Diodes 27" X 27" X 62"Growing Tent 4 Inch Fan Filter Combo " from Amazon.​

Comment

• Bluey
          Bluey commented
          Editing a comment
          Old wires yes...new not so much..they have agents in the coatings that rodents find distasteful. I put down baits...I think it left

I feed mine "One Bite 2" rat bars, works on coons too, if you have a bunch it could get smelly for a few days.

Comment

Space for Rent.

Comment

I start my veggie seeds in my shop in my old cannabis grow box. ( all cannabis plants are now inside). The first seeds I planted were all eaten by mice the first night. I replanted and decided to bribe rather than kill them. I scattered some cereal around the box, especially in sheltered places were they can eat and feel hidden. Worked like a charm. They happily munched on Honey bunches of oats and didn't touch a single seed. Might not work so well long term though, you would be overrun with mice pretty quick. I've got 3 cats in the house so mice inside aren't a problem

Comment

I think rats are not harmful to plants.

Comment

@Bluey

Ye got any info' on the new flex, please? I'm out of the industry loop now, I know. But, I can't find anything on it.

How does one know when it's been used on a purchase?

Gearing up to grow Northern Lights Auto by DWC + Dribbler, with a " Spider Farmer Grow Tent Kit Complete SF-1000 Dimmable Full Spectrum LED Grow Light Samsung Diodes 27" X 27" X 62"Growing Tent 4 Inch Fan Filter Combo " from Amazon.​

Comment

• Bluey
                  Bluey commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm not an electrician and I'd have to google the standards but the protective sheath now contains something similar to bittering agents for rodents. I think we've had it here for over 20 years..

Ah, yeah. I did see some stuff that really is a 'protective sheaf', loaded with pepper. But, that stuff ye have to put On the cable itself. Couldn't see That catching on ~ considering ye'd have to crawl about in ye spaces, doing what? Don't know how this shit fits over the flex. But, nah. No one's gonna retrospectively try to put it on their wires.

Cap something or other, that 'pepper'. Capiscum? Something like that. Which 'Here' are ye? I'll ask a Spark mate about it, when I run into him again.

No; I'm in a thatched cottage. Middle of no where. Obviously, All that electrical stuff, just feet beneath the thatch, in a closed off room? Jesus christ, it's scary! Flames going Up, and all that? I have a permanent trap line running, in here. But, only yesterday I saw a rat run along beneath my hedge .....

I was looking at those red balls? Explosive fire extinguishers? Someone on here mentioned them. Lot of money though and buying one would be an act of faith. I can't really find any hard data on them either.

Fuck it. Think I'll open a thread about fire safety. I'd hope to be kicking off, myself, this month. Knowing all that electrical shit's behind that door, 24 / 7? That's gonna be a bum clencher!

Mouse shouldn't be interested in mature plants, by the way. But, yeah; Get rid of the fucker anyway. And, I'd suggest a permanent saturation of traps. They take care of shit quicker than bait.

Comment

• Rwise
                  Rwise commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Traps dont work well, I keep them out all the time, rare to catch anything. The bait however works every time, its there ready for them when they come in, rat or mouse.
                  The sound wave devices do not work either, they get used to the sound and go for it anyway. The bait still works, if you use the right one.

I put down 2 baits and sure enough ones been nibbled....and I can hear the little fucker. Sounds like it's living in the canopy making little squealing noises....light defoliate next weekend I reckon

Comment

Drabenger It sounds like you need a tomcat, and a good Terrier.

Comment

• 3Berries
                    3Berries commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Mouse wouldn't last long around my house.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X