HELP…a couple of different leaf problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP…a couple of different leaf problems

I grew my first plants last year. 6 total and i had no problems with them. this year is a whole different story. i am trying autos, all but one sprouted and were looking fine. this year i have started all in peat pots and transferred to their final pots/grow bag. there is a lot of new this year. i am using grow bags, first time using fox farm ocean potting soil as well as happy frog. both were mixed and used for all plants. i also fertilized with the fox farms trio, as i did last year. so new to me are autos, fox farm soil and grow bags. i do not have a soil tester but will be getting one soon, recommendations greatly appreciated. also, these plants were planted feb. 4th. these are also under a couple of grow lights with lights on 18 hours.
    i will attach pics to see what you all may think, i can provide more info if needed, (i’m sure you this’ll need more
    yhanks, in advance, for any help.
    also, these are pink kush and purple kush plants

i hope the pics will show, newmtpmthisntyprmofmforum.

Hello and welcome to GWE i guess your in the over loved dept. with autos. Meaning they are fussy as heck and don't like over fertilized soils. Especially young it's what i had and others had trouble with. Now i used some of those peat cups for my 2 autos i got in the tent but i buried them in the final pot there growing in i did'nt remove them. Anyway are the grow bags fabric? I would only give them water cause that soil has stuff in it already so don't feed again just water and let them get dry not friggin knuckle lift the pot feel it's weight.

What type of light it's name and how far away is it from the plants. Do post pic lots of folks including me won't click but i did this time Welcome to the forum ask away
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

SoOrbudgal, thanks for your reply, i’m truly grateful! as for the peat pots, yes, they were buried in the larger pots. what i did last year was to use ff and fertilize on the 1st and 15th of the month. i think these autos are definitely over loved, as you said…🤣. so no added fertilizers for these autos? one is so small and is flowering since two days ago…not expecting much from any of them, i’m learning, but will take anything that they provide this time around. yes, the bags are non-woven fabric that seem like a heavy felt. and a few are in plastic pots. issues are happening in both types of pots. As far as a light, i have two of the of them. the seedlings, not an issue, are two inches away. the bigger plants are 4-6 inches away from lights. i got these two lights earlier this year, not the most happy with them but will consider upgrading in the future. the lights have a dial that you turn for more, or less, brightness of light. the big plants are on full light mode…seedling much less. these are in a darkened pantry type location. no grow tent, yet.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey they are still young looking so you have time to try and bring them back to health. I don't know your LED did it say how much wattage it draws from the wall? No i would not apply anything but water till you see them starting new healthy leaf growth. Yes you got a runt auto we've all had them i've been through a couple runts i don't baby it just ignore it water it but don't bother she's on her way in flowering, personally i would'nt waste nutes on her but it's up to you.
        I have felt and canvas bags the felt seems to hold water longer for me? Anyway the light is my first concern knowing what wattage it is they say 1000 but it could be just 100watt true draw from the wall. Knowing this helps with height/distance from the plant you don't want it too close it shortens the growth and too far away they grow slowly. I place a fan on the outside of my tent to blow gently around the tent circulate the air, also it lowers temp. and makes the plants stronger.

this is the link to the light i purchased. the plants will get a fan for part of the day to help strengthen them up a little. their room is at 66 degrees. they are looking a bit better this afternoon than this morning. and bigger. again, thank you for your responses!! i do love learning how to grow them.

Comment

• 90Gizmo
        90Gizmo commented
        Editing a comment
        You got the two pack? Together two of them might be enough for a small grow. A few inches away seems very close unless you have them dialed way down.

Hello anjave! Glad you're here and asking questions!

Curious about what medium you grew in previously? The reason I ask is that it looks like in the pictures you posted via the link in your first post that the soil is over-watered. This is probably one of the most common ways that growers over-love their plants, especially if it's your first time using soil. Overwatering can result in lots of different symptoms that can lead growers on a wild goose chase where they try to figure out nutrients, pH, lights, etc. when all you really need to do is cut back on watering. I won't get into the details on how to do that in case you already know but if you want, I'm happy to go more in depth. For a rule of thumb, in addition to lifting the pots to see if they're light or heavy, you can do the squeeze test. Take a small handful of soil and give it a good squeeze. The perfectly watered soil will maintain the 'ball' when you open your hand and will crumble easily when it is poked with a finger. If it doesn't hold a ball shape when you open your hand, it's too dry. If it doesn't fall apart at all or water seeps out like you're squeezing a sponge, it's too wet.

All of that being said, looking at the link for the light you have, it's only drawing 65 watts from the wall which isn't very much. It looks like it's more geared toward seedlings, but if that's all you have to work with you can definitely make it work!

And looking at the pics, it looks like you have a makeshift tent. Again, if that's what you have to work with, you can make it work, you just might have to work a little harder and know that your plants may not be growing at their ideal levels or provide ideal harvests but making things your own is part of the fun! A grow tent will help you maintain temperatures, humidity levels, ventilation and circulation, and will also help keep out pests and diseases.

So my two cents based on the pics: depending on your current watering regime, you might pull back on both the amount and frequency of watering since overwatering can cause all of the symptoms that your plant is showing. It might also explain why your plants look better the further they get from their most recent watering. It's a boring, simple answer, but often those are the best places to start!

Good luck and keep us posted!
      Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
      Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

Thank you, AGH and 90Gizmo, for your replies. Last year I grew indoors for the seedlings and transplanted them once the weather was better and the wind was not going to relocate them elsewhere. I used an organic soil from a local place and used alpaca manure mixed in with a mushroom compost. Veggies and weed loved it. This year, my first time growing autos, they are inside a laundry/pantry room and I used happy frog potting soil and fox farms ocean forest…so as SoOrBudgal mentioned, I was probably being too kind with my watering. I have cut that back quite a bit and the bigger plants are looking better. I will do the soil dampness testing you described, AGH, I had not heard of that before. Now, except for two that are Pink Kush autos, they are doing and looking much better. The one pink has a weird growing “issue”. I do not know if this is a bud rot of sorts? I have not seen it before. I started with two of the pink kush and only one is looking like this. These autos seem quite finicky but I am learning as I go with them. I enjoy learning and getting help to understand better how these things work.

Comment

I agree with the above. Although the light is week looks like you have some light stress and over watering/medium too hot nute wise. Small corrections, normally 1 at a time but I'd be lifting the light a couple of inches and maybe less water and a few less nutes in it to start and monitor for changes.
          Edit. Above pics show you are well into flower. Adjust nutes to suit start of flower stage but not full strength..less than what 6our currently using
          Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
          Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
          Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
          Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 2 x Autos Greenhouse Seeds Amsterdam Sweet Mango, 2 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel. All feminised.
          Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
          Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

I've never seen abstract black splotches like that before. What is it? TY
            Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
            Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
            Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              It looks nasty....last time I saw black on my plants was an outdoor cold and wet grow on the flowers..the black death..mould

Yes, that is my only one that started to flower. I was quite surprised to see that!! So should I just take this one out and hope it does not spread? It is now starting to progress down the stem too. I did start to give that one, only that one, tiger bloom. Every other week is what I did for last years grow so I was going that route with these, too. New pic attached to show the stem now.

Comment

• Bluey
              Bluey commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't know what it is but I think it's killing your plant.
              You need to check all your basic parameters, pH in and pH runoff, temps and RH.
              I can't help you with your grow medium issues but others with experience in that area will help with that.

Thanks, Bluey!! I will get set up for those tests, I am not now, but will be.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X