Light too close?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light too close?

so just barely into week 2 of my girls life and I'm wondering if the cfl is too close? I'm trying to prevent any further stretch. Also when should I switch to veg lighting with the LED I have? Should I wait till I start the manifold and the first cut?

At this point they need more light-if you have some led's then add them.
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

What's the wattage of the cfl? Also cfls can be around the 3-4 inchs away mark roughly also ur light has been to far away as u said with the streching the led light u have what accual draw is it and is it full specrium ect... for week 2 they seem under developed/ not enough light they also should be transplanted soon around day 10

Comment

Led lights, 50-60watts per square foot. I use led lights full specrium I start my seedlings under a 600w/ 100w accual draw led at 6-9 inchs away till they get there first set of true leaves then I move the light to 12-18inchs. My 1000w/200w acual draw and my 1200w/350w I start seedlings at 15inchs then veg is 15-18inchs and flower is 18-20 works really good for me leds are a lot stronger than they seed and give the plants light stress really quick so If u see the tips curling down and are stiff move ur light further away I run off a 24/0 I'm growing autoflowers blueberry tangerine dream and candy cane

Comment

With what Tyler said about your seedlings being underdeveloped, here's a photo of one my girls who are two weeks old today. Just thought you might like a comparison.
          I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
          Blue Mystic (7 gal)
          VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
          Coco Coir w/30% perlite
          Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

Originally posted by tyler_ hobbyist View Post
            What's the wattage of the cfl? Also cfls can be around the 3-4 inchs away mark roughly also ur light has been to far away as u said with the streching the led light u have what accual draw is it and is it full specrium ect... for week 2 they seem under developed/ not enough light they also should be transplanted soon around day 10
            im thinking the cfl is a 60 watt equivalent. Can't remember the actual cfl rating. My LED is the Kind LED 750w full spectrum light.

Edit: 14w cfl bulb
            Last edited by Buffo420; 02-21-2017, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagmar View Post
              With what Tyler said about your seedlings being underdeveloped, here's a photo of one my girls who are two weeks old today. Just thought you might like a comparison.
              Thats a great way to compare! Thanks for that. I'm thinking it may be time to turn the led light on and start a veg timer? Maybe my cfl is just not strong enough?

Comment

I would definitly switch to the 750w led what's the real watt useage? The cfls are good in veg when u put them on the sides of the plants if u need extra light

Comment

I would definitly switch to the 750w led what's the real watt useage? The cfls are good in veg when u put them on the sides of the plants if u need extra light

Comment

Comment

The most effecient way to messure the amout of light ur plants need a by the par value but that's a lot harder to figure out if u dnt have an exspencive meter

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X