No announcement yet.

LST in real time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 68 - trichomes starting to get cloudy.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20230427_084003.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	5.63 MB
ID:	594627
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1682606096993~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	395.8 KB ID:	594624
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1682606294683~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	405.5 KB ID:	594625
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1682605791580~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	388.5 KB ID:	594626
    Last edited by 90Gizmo; 04-27-2023, 11:38 AM.
    Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
    Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Name:	20230502_104325.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	595203

Name:	20230502_104202.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	4.99 MB
ID:	595204
      Day 73 - I guess this is as tall as it gets. 11.5 inches. Including trivet, 5 gal bag, 18" to the light and add on the light thickness then the total stack height is 44 inches... Although I have more space I think this grow would have worked on a 2x2x4' tent. Most of the pistals are golden but the trichomes are still many clear with none brown that I can see. There are a few white pistals at various heights so I don't think it's fox-tailing too much. (Please tell me if I'm wrong!) For me this is first grow where I've have green or greenish leaves at the end though there's still some time to go so good job Gizmo!
      Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
      Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• 90Gizmo
        90Gizmo commented
        Editing a comment
        SoOrbudgal re the co2: I'm in the thinking about it stage. Inevitably I get to the obsessed about it stage where the only way to stop it is to buy the d@mn thing. But probably not until next fall. My fans run/ran very little in the winter so I think I can keep CO2 in the tent but they run all the time in the summer because I'm cheap with the air conditioner. You have to have climate control to use co2 and I'm glad I do. I had some 24 hour bug thing and could barely walk to the bathroom no way I was walking upstairs to the grow room. I wasn't worried about the established plant but I couldn't mist the seedlings. But they are temperature and humidity controlled and were fine this morning. I have a camera in the grow tent but not the seedling and drying tent. Next Gizmo to do. BTW from your post in show your grow: We are the same age give or take my September birthday.

• Bluey
        Bluey commented
        Editing a comment
        re the CO² thing. I've looked right into this as I have a reasonably well sealed room with really good Climate control. I have 2 full CO² bottles I picked up for nothing also.

The cost v's return/benefit with safety considerations and required climate control put me off.

You need a good controller and reg. If it's in your house and something goes wrong..well. The units that use LPG/Propane/Butane are extremely dangerous..unbelievably dangerous, DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT THESE!

You need to run daytime temps at over 32⁰C from memory. You'll need 50% stronger light. You need an extremely well sealed room. The best you can hope for is a 20% greater return. It will reduce the frequency of and/or eliminate some pests and diseases...

So add the cost of electricity for the 50% more light, adjust for maintaining higher temp environment, say 15% higher yield, throw in the cost of decent regulator and controller and a decent safety management plan to cover all the above and the risks associated with managing and containing a 3 to 7 times higher CO² environment and not worth it IMHO SoOrbudgal & 90Gizmo

• 90Gizmo
        90Gizmo commented
        Editing a comment
        Bluey I like the way you think. I remember I wanted to silver my own telescope mirror. My reference book was full of explosion and blown out walls. That convinced me and I sent the mirror to a commercial service.
        Last edited by 90Gizmo; 05-05-2023, 03:43 PM.

Day 82 - I was unable to tend the plant for several days but I am back. Dumped a gallon of pHed water on it last night and was greeted by a pleasant aroma this morning. Very little green left in the leaves but the buds look good.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20230511_092112.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.01 MB ID:	595679 Click image for larger version  Name:	20230511_093231.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.39 MB ID:	595680 Click image for larger version  Name:	20230511_092135.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.46 MB ID:	595678
      Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• Ckbrew
        Ckbrew commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks tasty

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        WoW you are in for a treat i love the color. Hope you feel better real soon. Couple draws on those buds i'd be night night sweet dreams.

• 90Gizmo
        90Gizmo commented
        Editing a comment
        After a 30 year break I'm barely past the "oh wow I'm stoned" experience level. But I'd definitely like some hold-on-to-the-couch-because-it's-spinning-too-fast weed too.

Sometimes the trichs. don't turn to amber. Also, here's a solution to your Co2 problem. See? no problem. Click image for larger version

Name:	A-Public-Transportation-Photos-11.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	595685

Comment

• 90Gizmo
        90Gizmo commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL. Well, I'm thinking its nearly done. The catalog says 74 to 84 days so it's about time. I am providing end of life care. The watering was a first flush.

Harvest. Dry. Dry trim. Weigh. Into the bags. 108 grams including 10g of sugar leaves. 3.8 ounce. .6g/watt. .75 ounce/gallon container.

Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X