No announcement yet.

LST in real time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very bushy. I wasn't trying to make a dwarf and am concerned. I expected the final plant to be 12 to 14 inches high and I'm not sure she's going to make it.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20230324_190300~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.43 MB ID:	592177 ​​​​
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20230324_190324~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.10 MB ID:	592178
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20230324_190351.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.40 MB ID:	592179
    Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
    Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Day 35 - End of week 5, start of week six. I'm done. There's still daily maintenance of tucking leaves but the bending-branches part is finished. It looks to me like three of the lowest branches are stunted. I'm make sure they get plenty of light and hope they catch up. Hopefully the next sticks I use will be to prop up branches heavy with bud.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20230325_113428.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	4.96 MB
ID:	592215
      ​​​​​​​
      Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
      Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

keep training into 2nd week of flip if ceiling height is really an issue..

Comment

Keep training her, you're doing a really good job at it. My photos were only clearing the top edge of the pot at day 60 odd of veg with leaves sitting on the coco...until I flipped...thought I'd need to buy a hedge trimmer when that happened.
          Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
          Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
          Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
          Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 2 x Autos Greenhouse Seeds Amsterdam Sweet Mango, 2 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel. All feminised.
          Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
          Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

changeofpace2014 and Bluey - Okay. It did get a lot bushier overnight so another round of stick torture today.

Name:	20230326_170851~2.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	3.19 MB
ID:	592332
            Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Day 39 - Starting to look hungry so I gave her a little bit. Still nudging the tallest branches down. I'll get a real measurement soon but estimate she's about six inches tall.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	20230329_143638.jpg Views:	8 Size:	5.37 MB ID:	592573 image widget
              Last edited by 90Gizmo; 03-30-2023, 09:32 AM.
              Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

90Gizmo, your plant is looking really nice, but I wonder if watering your leaves at this stage of flowering is such a good idea?

Comment

• 90Gizmo
                  90Gizmo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You are right. I'm too sloppy with the watering can. It's challenging with all the branches and sticks to get the spout pointing where you want... I have to go slower.

Day 42 - Grew three inches in three days, now 9 inches tall. I don't think I mentioned that the sticks only need to be in place for a few days before the branches hold shape. Good thing the sticks are reusable. I'm still nudging branches to make light for slower growth. Baby needed watering yesterday but didn't get to it until today. Previous water had a little grow and flower nutes etc. This one was just cal-mag. I turned on a second light to get more even illumination and adjusted the two to get an even 45 DLI all over. Some bottom fan leaves were showing their lack of light so I trimmed 5 or 6 and it's a lot more open underneath.
                This is a "designer" seed so there's not much grow information on it. I hope it has many weeks to go because it's going to need many weeks to make big fat buds.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	20230401_112115~2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.62 MB ID:	592826
                Last edited by 90Gizmo; 04-01-2023, 11:15 AM.
                Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  She looks good 90Gizmo yep they are small as i'm still learning them and have grown plenty of them. I hesitate with giving them enough food my main issues and i play with the training too early still shoot i really get bothered with them. I stunt the growth if i do too heavy tie downs i thinK ? My 2 are the same age as yours now. You have 2x the bud sites as mine and still yours look way bigger. So don't kick your self too badly we may yet pull off a decent harvest. I too have set my ties free and now mine look more happy.

• 90Gizmo
                  90Gizmo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  IIRC I started with three nodes and the bottom two sets of branches are now the smallest ones. They were the largest ones when I started with five nodes. Perhaps I was too rough with them when they were too young. Every grow so far I've had problems starting when I transition to bloom nutes. Last grow seemed to help when I added a little grow nutes back in. I'm planning to keep 1/4 grow and work up tp 1/2 bloom at the end. Or at least until I see some reaction to tell me it doesn't like that.

• 90Gizmo
                  90Gizmo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In hindsight I think you were right as the first two node show stunted growth. As an experiment I see if I can still bend the stalk early if don't twist the leaves. I'll try that on a future grow.

My plants also have the same type of growth.

Comment

Wrapping up week 7. Adding 1/4 bloom nutes every other water, 1/2 cal mag on the other. Now 10" tall and making buds. Some shaded leaves are yellowing. I'll take them out.

Name:	20230406_093015.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	4.88 MB
ID:	593136
                  Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Day 50 - Starting week 8, Catalog suggests 5 or 6 more. Little difference except now there are trichomes on the tiny sugar leaves. Seeing some spots on leaves, gave a little more Cal-Mag. Think my pH was too low so raised that a bit, now 6.3

Name:	20230409_113252~2.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	3.25 MB
ID:	593334
                    Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

Something like went wrong

Name:	20230410_211803.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	593393
                      Grow Room: 11' x 7' x 7.5'H, 480w AC, 13gal/day dehumidifier, 1.5gal ultrasonic humidifier, 60gal (27gal usable) nute tank, 16" pedestal fan & 18" wall fan. Lighting, fertigation and climate automated
                      Lights: 2 x SF-7000, 5 x 30w 660&730nm supp. red boosters for flower
                      Medium: Coco/perlite, 13gal pots for photos, 7.2gal pots ¾ filled for autos, no drains
                      Current Grow: ​​​4 x Autos Franklin's AK47 x Red CBD, 2 x Autos Greenhouse Seeds Amsterdam Sweet Mango, 2 x Photos Franklin's Orange Zkittles x Sour Diesel. All feminised.
                      Last Grow: 4 x photos, old school, 66 days of veg flipped 25 Feb harvested day 65F 3lb11oz.
                      Previous Grow: Lots of big dead mouldy buds, medium and small buds made it, barely. Primarily indica traits from sativas.. Cured in glass jars.

Comment

• Bluey
                        Bluey commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I almost lost them these past two weeks with something that was growing in my nute tank. Destroyed the pH stability and it got well away from me..7.11pH in coco before I could fix it...I have no doubt I won't stop learning new things. Love this hobby

• 90Gizmo
                        90Gizmo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        How about a UV sanitizing light in the nute tank? I get algee in my filter cartridges... don't really know how to stop it.

• Bluey
                        Bluey commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sounds like it might work well but electricity combined with water I stay well away from. I'll just clean out the tank and pump every 4 or 5 weeks with a bit of bleach and pump it to waste with a decent flush. I suspect a decent UVC light would kill most things with just a small exposure...Inc me...lol.

Day 54 - She has a fairly flat canopy from the LST. Still pushing branches away from center to let the light in. Trying to end what looks like a calcium deficiency.

Name:	20230409_113252~2.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	3.25 MB
ID:	593610 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230413_101504~2.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	2.44 MB
ID:	593611
                      Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• 90Gizmo
                        90Gizmo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Seriously, this looks so much like the best color I've ever had this far in. The only reason I'm not in a panic is that it's always been so much worse... I think I can prune some of those upper fan leaves because usually they are dead by now!

• Bluey
                        Bluey commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I just posted 'old rusty in time to show your grow..check out those leaves but she is still going strong.. has the biggest buds of the 4 plants I have this grow and is winning the frost race...probably will be first to harvest..who would have guessed

• 90Gizmo
                        90Gizmo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Rusty looks great. There comes a point it seems that plants can live off of the sugar leaves so I don't worry about fan leaves so much.

She's getting wet and gushy so the humidifier is off and the fans are turned up a notch.
                      This is a good looking start.

Name:	20230414_102552~2.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	593716
                      Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

9 weeks - some plants are done in 9 weeks but this one is supposed to go 12-14. That would be great as she has 7 inch colas but they aren't thick yet. Introducing Canna-Cam. Image is horrible but it's a real time video feed. When you're stoned it's kind of fun to watch your marijuana grow when you're stoned.

Name:	20230420_105022_001.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	5.69 MB
ID:	594148 Click image for larger version

Name:	capture (1)~2.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	594149
                        Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• dirtymike
                          dirtymike commented
                          Editing a comment
                          those colas look healthy, cal def always toward the end. shes nice

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X