Drying in perfect condition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drying in perfect condition?

So i have this tent with ventilation and thermostat controller, so i can control the humidity and temperature. I have set the humidity at 50% and the temp for 21C (69F nice). Anyway how long do you think it will take to dry, i have some mason jars otw because i had a big harvest i needed more not the worst problem to have but they will probably first arrive next week.

Good luck i dry in the same room as the tent cause i keep it running now with other strains so i hang it on strings wall to wall. Never a issue with over drying as long as you have air circulation. I like lower humidity and bigger spaces.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• 90Gizmo
      90Gizmo commented
      Editing a comment
      That make sense to me. Do you do anything to keep the room dark?

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      No i just pull the curtains 90Gizmo i got room darking type

You have good settings for drying in your tent which is what I do while the soil is cooking for the next grow.

The length of time it takes to dry appropriately will vary based not only on your environmental conditions but also your plant itself, how dense the buds are, how thick the stems are, and if you're wet or dry trimming. A rough answer is 3-10+ days.

My general situation:
    - I wet trim and hang to dry in my tent in similar conditions to what you mention.
    - Generally it takes 3-7 days.
    - One way to test is to break a small stem...if it snaps, it's ready, if it pulls off with strings, it's too wet.
    - I find a much more accurate way is to take a branch, put it in a mason jar with a hygrometer and wait a few hours to see where the humidity settles at. For me, once it's around 58-62%, it's ready to jar/cure. I find that at this number, as long as I open the jars every day for a few minutes, they stay in that range. If they end up being too humid during the cure, you can always leave the jars open longer or if it's way too high, lay them out in a pan or on something for several hours to dry a little more.
    - One of the other ways to tell is 'how do they feel' which is a less scientific method and more something you develop similar to telling when your soil needs water. The way I describe a bud that's ready to cure is that the outside feels dry, but it still is 'squishy' when you squeeze it. It should give a little but still be firm and the outside should be dry but not brittle.

Congrats on the big harvest, enjoy!
    Organic indoor grower - 4x4 tent - 2 Electric Sky 180v3s
    Relax, don't worry, less is more...usually!

Comment

• Coolbogge
      Coolbogge commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man! I bought hydrometers, should be here on money or Tuesday, I tried to break a stem, doesn't feel dry. I think i will wait for Monday and then jar them with the hydrometer 😁

I hope you ordered enough jars...I had to return to store twice.....not to mention a second stop for humid packs..

Comment

• Coolbogge
      Coolbogge commented
      Editing a comment
      I have 20 jars 😅

I will post final result!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X