Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setup

Hey guys,
    I'm starting a setup and would like to have a feedback from experienced growers. I'm using GL80 from HomeBox (2.6'x2.6'x6') with a full 250w MH/HPS, a 280m3/h exhaust vent and a 250m3/h carbon filter (they're in cubic meter per hour).

My question is if I should have a 5 gallon container or a 4 should do (is there a big difference? - I'm manifolding my girls on smart pots). Also if the tradeoff between heat and wattage is pro 250w or 400w; I mean should I stick with a low wattage setup since the temperature here is beyond 90F on summer and I'm not using anything to cool the room or maybe I can go for more watts?
    What's the difference between the 250 and 400 when it comes to the heat inside the tent?

Anything would be helpful!

Don't know about heat from MH/HPS but have fallen in love with the 315 LEC's. VERY little heat and light footprint fits you grow space perfectly. Spec's say one 315 covers 3'X3' area. They are a little pricey but you can get individual parts (hood, ballast and bulb) online for less. There are a couple of folks here that have them and can't stop bragging about them!!! That's going to be my next purchase!
    DIY grow space 2.5' X 3.5' X 6.5'
    315 LEC
    6" Vortex exhaust fan w/speed control
    6" Carbon filter
    3- 6" fans
    humidifier
    temp and humidity gauge
    5 gal smart pots w/ FFOF soil
    FF trio nutrients

Comment

As this is my first setup, I'll stick to the cheapest way with my light system. But when the time comes I'll certainly buy one of these.

I really need some advice, where are all the Green Thumbs?

Comment

Unless u can control the heat I would stay with cooler lights my .02$

Comment

I can't control it, it's too expensive to buy anything and the cost/month it's too high. I'm wondering how the heat will affect my growth with a 90F+ temperature.. Someone has a thought on that?

Comment

It may be cheaper in the long run to get one of those lec's as they run more efficient in terms of power and possible higher yields. But race what ya brung brother. Maybe after a few rounds under your belt things may lean that way. I will be getting an lec very soon as I'm using 1000w hid's in bloom and used them in flower this round. unbelievable the penetration I've gotten from the hid's, just keep turning them until you can't.
            Everyone has their opinions and it just boils down what works for you. Starting with something is better than nothing and if you can make your setup work, than work it!

Comment

90* + will cook your ladies or make them grow a tad slow. If you nurse them it might be ok but that is with constant monitoring.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X