need a good value mid-range vent fan - also Vivosun sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need a good value mid-range vent fan - also Vivosun sucks

Hey Growers! Can someone recommend a brand that makes good quality ventilation fans for a fair price?

Last thing I bought was a variable speed vent fan from Vivosun and it was way too low quality. It had a cheapo unbalanced electric motor that grinded itself to death and died after only about a year of operation. Looking for something that is in the mid-price range and would last for at least a few years.

thanks!

I'm going on three years with AC Infinity fans. Quite happy with them.

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with AC Infinity fans. All I have now.

• grefranger
      grefranger commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks!

Without knowing your space or carbon filter requirements, a Hurricane clip-on fan vents my 3x3x6 just dandy. Lights off, only.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6

Comment

• grefranger
      grefranger commented
      Editing a comment
      3 x 3 x 6 ft grow tent. One carbon filter 4 inch.

• Gingerbeard
      Gingerbeard commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah! Yeah. My odor issues are not an issue.

I have two grow tents. I have recently switched to 6” AC Infinity in both tents. I was using a 6” Jetfan that worked well. I only switched it out because the infinity gives more control options. The Jetfan is a good product. I would suggest either the infinity or the Jetfan. Both good options if they fit your budget. I understand about the Vivosun fans. Just junk. So are monkey fans. Not worth the time and money. IMHO.
    Last edited by golfnrl; 03-07-2023, 07:45 AM. Reason: Typo.
    Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
    Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
    Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• grefranger
      grefranger commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks!

if your growing in a tall tent then do the math to see what size is required for total air exchange every 2 - 3 min, but if you are growing in a smurf tent, very low ceiling that equation is not going to work for you. I would suggest do the math and double the results.. I have grown in a smurf tent this time and the 4" exhaust fan at 203 cfm is not enough to control heat and rh, and that is with total air exchange every couple min..Had to order 6" exhaust fan at 423 cfm so the total exchange is happening every minute or so. ttl cubic ft in smurf tent is around 96 cubic inch.

Comment

Hi. For controllability all the way down instead of just part way, EC motors (basically a DC motor) will save a lot if energy and wear and are worthwhile looking for. They tend to be more expensive but over the last few years the prices have dropped a ton. AC Infinity and IOBIO are both high quality that we have used, and i now have in my tents for a couple years. Commercially my former employer (consulting engineerig) even had those two iinstalled in a decent sized lab facility at a fraction of the cost of commercial and a huge drop in power. and the AC Infinity controller is freaking aweome. Mine are currently set at 20% which is enough to keep humidity down, with a max setting that ramps them up when temperature calls for it on warm days. and the low power draw of the EC motors is incredible. they are showintg up second hand these days too.
      A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

In my 2x4x6' tent I use a 6" fan it seldom runs at more than 4 speed with 300w of light and 77F as the setting. My 3x3x5' tent I use a 4" AC Infinity and it runs at 4 max too, 150w max light.. Both are very quiet and efficient at those speeds. They way they are set up in the AC Infinity controller they usually are running constantly at a steady speed fluctuating maybe one speed up or down.

Temp and humidity can be targeted with the fans. And automation is available through the app.

Comment

I like the 6" entry level AC Infinity for $100 USD. It's compatible with fancy controllers if you decide to go that way.
          https://www.amazon.com/AC-Infinity-C...d_i=B09456J5CC
          Drying: Strawberry Cough photo started indoors Apr 27. Moved outdoors June 25. Harvested October 8.
          Past grows: Speakeasy Bourbon Berry Auto F1 (Ogreberry x Whiskey Zulu),
          Whiskey Zulu, Trizzlers

Comment

• 3Berries
            3Berries commented
            Editing a comment
            I bought a 4" like that. It has a 10 speed manual controller. I bought a used AC Infinity Controller 67 off the bay for cheap to convert it. I use it for house ventilation.

And I have a POS Vivosun 4" that I still use on my mini tent. Not much work load, runs at lowest speed when commanded on.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X